PDA

View Full Version : Ewwww How do i get rid of them?!

harbourchick07
10-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Ok everyone knows why we want to lose weight...Simple to look good be healthy and to not be embarrassed to show of our body... Well i have been losing weight but GAINING STRETCH MARKS!!!! It is so gross and i don't know what to do to get rid of them.. I am go worried about losing the stretch marks that i have been putting aside the fat and mussel on my stomach that needs to be toned. I heard of some cream that works but cant remember the name. Any one who has any ideas of how to get rid of these embarrassment please let me know.

Mandi
10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
They are forever, unless you see a plastic surgeon...

Can plastic surgery even get rid of them? there is a laser treatment you can get, but that only matches them to your skin color temporarily, like a high priced localized tan. (striae don't tan like the rest of your skin as they are essentially scar tissue) I know they're disgusting, I have them about everywhere now. I gained weight quite rapidly before being pulled off a medication, I have been losing the weight since, but due to my sexy stretch marks, I really have no desire to lose weight because I'm going to look gross regardless. Might as well enjoy what I eat. :p-chuckle- I wish you the best of luck and if you do find anything, please, Let me know! I would do just about anything to get rid of them.

harbourchick07
10-07-2007, 07:10 PM
i know you cant get rid of white stretch marks... I know there is some cream Honey or coconut something i dont know. My mom is a twig and she has only a few stretch marks that are visible from being fat and pregnant same with a few other people i know. My mom said that by keeping baby oil and other lotions on them help but it hasn't done anything to me just made them stay right were they are!

jillalex1911
10-07-2007, 07:19 PM
they have a cocobutter stick at the body shop that is amazing for helping with and to keep from causing stretch marks, used it through two pregnancies and no marks.

MichelleM
10-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't think that you can prevent or get rid of them. The doctor told me they are hereditary, that if my mother had them I would too. My mother does not. I did not get any on my stomach with either of my two pregnancy's. The first I used the bodyshop butter stick and the second I used nothing. I did get them on the top of my legs however. If you are going to get them you can't stop it and once you have them you can't get rid of them. Considering most women have them in one area or another I wouldn't worry about it.

harbourchick07
10-07-2007, 07:56 PM
i don't think stretch marks are something that is passed on threw DNA... My friend has stretch marks from losing weight, but her sister on the other hand does not and she is a twig... I know that stretch marks are caused by the skin being stretched to far.

MichelleM
10-07-2007, 08:25 PM
I did not say DNA...my doctor just said that the chances are higher if your mother has them. and skinny people can have them too.

harbourchick07
10-07-2007, 09:47 PM
hereditary, genes, and DNA are all in common. I have yet to see a thin person with stretch marks.. Maybe on their legs and boobs because the skin has stretched more then twice its size...

MichelleM
10-07-2007, 10:01 PM
I know all kinds of skinny people that have them. they are also common in teenagers if they grow quickly.
I thought it made sense that there is more chance that you would have or get something if a parent has so my dr's comment seemed valid?????

harbourchick07
10-07-2007, 10:24 PM
i didnt grow to fast om only 5foot on lol very short. Its something that docs say because most dont want to say "oh thats because your skin is stretching because you got some fat coming" its the same with saying that twins will have twins its not true if you are a twin there is a less the a 50 percent chance that you will have twins but there is more then a 50 % chance that your child will have twins.

StephRan
10-07-2007, 10:39 PM
I found cocoa butter worked well when I was pregnant. I had a single tiny stretch mark on my side..and I gained A LOT of weight. I'm 5'1 and went from 102lbs to nearly 180lbs.

mizunderstood
10-07-2007, 11:23 PM
coco butter works well on lessing the stretch marks but nothing will get rid of them. I have massive stretch marks all over my belly and boobies from being pregnant. I used the coco butter with my first pregnancy and had very few. Second pregnancy distroyed me! lol...I know the pink stretch marks eventually fade, but if you have the white ones your stuck with them for life. Consider them a right of passage, a milestone or whatever it is that will make you comfortable. I think of them as something to be proud of (lol) I carried 2 beautiful healthy happy babies inside me and this is the forever proof! lol..Corney but it works getting me through the yucky days... Best of luck...

Tara
10-08-2007, 07:12 AM
You can't get rid of stretch marks unless you cut them off. Once they're there, they're there. Those products may lighten, I haven't tried. I used the cocoa butter stick from the Body Shop obsessively when I was pregnant and it didn't do me a lick of good. They're everywhere!

melissaanne
10-08-2007, 07:46 AM
I tired everything and nothing worked for me. I used the cocoa butter 4x daily, pure viatimin E oil..everything.....nothing worked. They do fade over time, so good luck. Plus it's not like they are a bad thing. I am covered from pregnancy and wear them proud!

http://www.expectantmothersguide.com/library/pittsburgh/stretch.htm

Check this link out if you think it has nothing to do with genes!

I have to agree with Michelle. They are hereditary as with most things, it doesn't necessarily mean that if your mom had them you will for sure. It just means you are MORE likely to get them. And I know tons of skinny ppl with them. Before I got preggo I had them on my hips, legs, boobs, butt and backs of my knees and I was a small girl. Now they have multiplied to everywhere!! LOL!

harbourchick07
10-08-2007, 11:05 AM
The thing is My mom doesn't have stretch marks that are from the same thing as me... My mom has 4 stretch marks 2 from each pregnancy. My dad doesnt even have them and hes not little. I have them all over my stomach and sides. I know a few people who are not skinny who have them but no one else in their families do.... Therefore stretch marks are not part of your heredity.Something like Cancer or multiple children in on pregnancy is, but NEVER heard of stretch marks being part of it.

The_Dave
10-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Ok everyone knows why we want to lose weight...Simple to look good be healthy and to not be embarrassed to show of our body... Well i have been losing weight but GAINING STRETCH MARKS!!!! It is so gross and i don't know what to do to get rid of them.. I am go worried about losing the stretch marks that i have been putting aside the fat and mussel on my stomach that needs to be toned. I heard of some cream that works but cant remember the name. Any one who has any ideas of how to get rid of these embarrassment please let me know.

Just keep eating properly and workout and don't worry about things beyond your control. Being healthy is the important thing.

Mandi
10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
The thing is My mom doesn't have stretch marks that are from the same thing as me... My mom has 4 stretch marks 2 from each pregnancy. My dad doesnt even have them and hes not little. I have them all over my stomach and sides. I know a few people who are not skinny who have them but no one else in their families do.... Therefore stretch marks are not part of your heredity.Something like Cancer or multiple children in on pregnancy is, but NEVER heard of stretch marks being part of it.

If you have ALL the answers, why do you ask the questions....

melissaanne
10-08-2007, 12:31 PM
ok, so why argue the fact that 2 separate ppl with different dr's and multiple websites are saying the same thing. Just because you don't know anyone that is has happened to doesn't mean it doesn't happen!

It's all to do with your skin's .....some ppl's skin can handle more strecth than others...again coming down to genes.....

Maybe you just don't want to hear other's ppl opinions....in that case, try the cocoa butter and viatimin E oil and good luck to you. They won't go away but will fade with time.

harbourchick07
10-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I had a doctors Appointment today and asked him about stretch marks and how they are heredity... They are heredity if you come from a line of "big" people. Stretch marks are caused by the skins elastic barrier being stretched to far, He also said that by keeping your skin well moisturized and by doing exercise to flatten your belly the stretch marks will reduce Dramatically in size and may even go away depending on their size. Apparently he told that to my cousin so i went to see him in school when i got back and he showed me his stomach and sides were about 5 years ago there were marks and know there are none.

melissaanne
10-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Well you two must be pretty lucky people, b/c my 120lb 5'3 mom had them when she was pregnant with me 23 years ago and by gollie, can you imagine they are still there! And mine from 2 years ago are still there ......WHOA!

And as for them coming from a line of "big ppl" hhmmmm..........sure.....I don't think we were arguing the fact that keeping your skin moisturized would help reduce stretch marks, I think we were more on the basis that you can't completely prevent them....b ut as someone posted above, why ask all the questions when you seem to have all the answers

leeleemom
10-09-2007, 06:43 PM
From what I have been told over the years....you can possibly reduce your chances of getting stretch marks with some creams but for the most part if you are gonna get them...your gonna get them. Not much you can do. When you are pregnant you gain weight at a faster rate than normally...hence stretch marks. As for getting rid of them....I have been told by my doctor that you can't and alot of the "gimmic" creams are just that. Just a way to make money. Just my 2 cents!!

melissaanne
10-09-2007, 06:46 PM
^^^ahhh another that sees the light! LOL!!

MichelleM
10-09-2007, 08:06 PM
I think that everybody has told her the same thing. If you have them they are not going away. Your dr can tell you what he likes but I will beleive it when you show me. Not to mention if you could get rid of them why would sooooo many people have them??

sarahnb
10-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I got stretch marks when I had my wisdom teeth out at 17 but none during my pregnancies. Go figure.

Tara
10-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Your doctor is a quack.

mizunderstood
10-09-2007, 10:41 PM
HAHA Tara be nice its Dr Quack!

mizunderstood
10-09-2007, 10:42 PM
seriously though there is no magic cure for stretch marks, it all depends on the elasticity of your skin!

callinq
10-09-2007, 11:56 PM
If I lost that weight I would take all the marks for granted, c'est la vie.

Lady_Athena
10-11-2007, 11:23 AM
All those creams do is moisturize your skin to maintain skin elasticity. If you have good genes you may not stretch marks regardless of weight gain or loss and sometimes they will even fade if you have them.

It has to do with your skin, and everyone is different. There is no quick fix and there is no miracle solution.

I think what is alarming here is your emphasis on weight and appearance. After reading your post I feel sad. I think you should be asking yourself why you lost the weight and are still not happy. Feeling good about yourself has nothing to do with what size you are usually. It is almost always more internal than that.

Lady_Athena
10-11-2007, 12:33 PM
On another note there is this Avon stuff that improves the appearance of stretchmarks. It works best on deep ones, probably would not notice much of a difference on fine ones. I believe it fills in the creases with something to help the skin appear smoother. It is aesthetic only I believe and only works with continuous twice daily 10 minute applications.

I have some, but it was too much work me lol I will give it to you It is like 30 bucks a bottle and I never used it. But I want you to ask yourself: "Will I be happy if I had no stretch marks or is it going to be something else next?".

There is also spray concealer you can use on your body, but again it is temporary. I think you can get it in the drug stores by Sally Hansen.

You know all those women in the magazine have stretch marks, but they are covered up with make up and Adobe right?

harbourchick07
10-11-2007, 06:25 PM
i cought my friend off guard today, she is roughly my size and has been loosing weight... I asked her if she had stretch marks... She said " I did, most of them are white but the majority went away they were mostly the tiny thin ones. " She is thinking about joining this site because after asking her " are stretch marks caused by genes?" she blertted it out to the teacher.... Apparently They dont run in the family But the way someone is built has the biggest part on it... My teacher is little and has strecth marks from being pregnant and says she is the only one out of the family that got them the way she did and by exercising it will help to reform your bodies elasticity...

I am not happy after losing weight because i am still consider "obese" according to the BMI charts.. I am 5 foot nothing and weight 168 pounds....
Yeah after getting rid of the weight and stretch marks ill be happy. and a lot healthier too..

MichelleM
10-11-2007, 08:08 PM
If the kind of skin you have and your build is based on your family, is that not your genes????????????
I am not a big person.I first got them on the top of my legs when I was a teenager and was 5'6 and about 95 pounds.so extremely skinny and guess what they are still there.
You CANNOT get rid of stretch marks. If you could get rid of them nobody would have them.Your friend is the only person I have EVER heard say that they got rid of stretch marks.

AreWeThereYetMom
10-11-2007, 09:22 PM
i cought my friend off guard today, she is roughly my size and has been loosing weight... I asked her if she had stretch marks... She said " I did, most of them are white but the majority went away they were mostly the tiny thin ones. " She is thinking about joining this site because after asking her " are stretch marks caused by genes?" she blertted it out to the teacher.... Apparently They dont run in the family But the way someone is built has the biggest part on it... My teacher is little and has strecth marks from being pregnant and says she is the only one out of the family that got them the way she did and by exercising it will help to reform your bodies elasticity...

I am not happy after losing weight because i am still consider "obese" according to the BMI charts.. I am 5 foot nothing and weight 168 pounds....
Yeah after getting rid of the weight and stretch marks ill be happy. and a lot healthier too..

Marks can also start appearing from medications such as birth control, hormone treatment, hormone fluctuations from pregnancy and miscarriage recovery, and steroid treatments as well and other factors including depression, stress, environment, nutrient absorption, and the list goes on. Have you consulted a skin doctor? Internet research?

For someone who is only 20, why is this so concerning for you?
Your previous threads indicated messages that would have caused you some hormone fluctuations so this would toss some misconception into what is passed along in the family genes as well.

I'm surprised your doctor didn't mention that you take your pace on your rapid weight loss attempts that you are dealing with this year and start enjoying life - there is so much more to life than just the way you look. Just look after your skin and it will look after you.

Posted by a proud 'mom of 3' and bearer of skin 'roadmaps' that are the least of my concerns in my life.

Lady_Athena
10-12-2007, 10:52 AM

BMI is outdated really it does not take many known factors into consideration.

It seems like you are in denial about body image. It is not healthy to be worrying when you are so young.

You haven't taken one bit advice anyone has suggested so I would say search the internet unless you just like to create threads to talk about yourself...

mizunderstood
10-12-2007, 11:26 AM
BMI is outdated really it does not take many known factors into consideration.

It seems like you are in denial about body image. It is not healthy to be worrying when you are so young.

You haven't taken one bit advice anyone has suggested so I would say search the internet unless you just like to create threads to talk about yourself...

Thank you!!! Everyone has given her the onfo she wanted but yet again she is not happy with the answer so she continues to argue with everyone... Like another posted said Why do you ask questions if you don't want the answers????

melissaanne
10-12-2007, 12:17 PM
My dr is wrong, other ppls dr's are wrong...the internet is wrong.....like stated above. The point to dicussions like this is to ask for advice. Take it or leave it. If you don't agree, fine! You are allowed to....but pls stop posting about it. You haven't listenied to one thing anyone has said.

You have fun banishing your stretch marks forever and pls pls pls let me know the secret b/c I have them too and would love for them to poof! disappear.:rofl:

mizunderstood
10-12-2007, 12:22 PM
maybe her dr told her what she wanted to hear because he realizes what kind of person she is just like the rest of us have figured it out???

Tara
10-12-2007, 12:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/pixierein/doctor-rubber-duck-sm.jpg

leeleemom
10-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Too funny!!

mizunderstood
10-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you Tara! Thats why I love ya!!! :)

harbourchick07
10-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Wow i never knew that Saint john had soo many rude people..... especially ones who love placing words in peoples mouths or like to critizie people. If i wanted to talk about myself well then i think i would have a life story on here. Im quiet sure my doctor is not a quack and i didnt mention his name for all you know he could possibly be your doctor as well maybe you should think before you say that. As for hormone fluctuations from pregnancy and miscarriage recovery, and steroid treatments as well and other factors including depression, stress, environment, nutrient. You also said that stretch marks are caused by stretch marks... Birth control has never caused me to gain weight, and even then i wont go back on birth control.

Never once did i say "Rapid" in any of my post. And if you want to know someone else who has managed to get their stretch marks to go away i know lots of people but im not going to list them because thats not my buissness to make them famous for not having their stretch marks anymore. I do lots in my days i dont sit around and say " oh how i wish i had a friend, or oh look at how fat and ugly i am with these fat roles and stretch marks. " Yeah they are gross, and yeah i have managed to take some peoples advice NOT FROM YOU OR THE INTERNET and have manged to lose the small little stretch marks, by simply doing sit ups and yoga exercise on my horse.
So for all you Quacks out their your all just plan RUDE and IGNORANT.

saying that my doctor is saying stuff i want to hear is hipocridical (sp) because i dont exactly go to my doctor and say this is what i want to hear and i dont go to him over every little thing like most people.

If Strecth marks dont go away, then i supoose loves handels and cancer dont as well and what about those nice rolls that sit around your bra strap?
Yup thats right i can be just as ignoratn as everyone else here, I think you all need a good personality check because of all the post that i read that has your guys names in it You are very rude.

MichelleM
10-13-2007, 08:11 PM
If you got rid of stretch marks already why ask the question on how to get rid of the??????obviously you already know something the rest of us do not. Maybe you should share your secret, I am sure there are many companys that would pay you millions.

mizunderstood
10-13-2007, 08:17 PM
The point of everything that was said to you is that you asked a question, people gave you the answer and you chose to ignore it, trash talk everyone else's opinion and fight over the answers you recieved.You do it a lot on this site. If you are going to argue, act like others are ignorant and stupid and disagree with everything people say to you when you ask a question, then don't ask a question. I know if I asked a question and I didn't like the answer I would not keep posting arguing with the posters that they are wrong etc. And as far as your dr being a quack? Yes he sounds like he is because there is no miracle pill, cream or spa that will get rid of every stretch mark on every person. Some might be lucky and have them work, 99% don't have that luck. It all goes back to your family history, your body type and the elasticity in your own personal body. I know that if there was a miracle solution to get rid of stretch marks it would be on the news, the tv, the radio, for gosh sakes there would be billboards and jets writing it in the sky! So from now on if you don't like the answer you get to a question, take it with a grain of salt and keep researching, and stop arguing. I am off to shoppers now to buy some magic beans now, they are in the same isle as the stretch mark eraser!

p.s. I knew it was not my dr you were talking about cause my dr would never try to humor me with false promises.

harbourchick07
10-13-2007, 08:18 PM
hmmmm maybe you should read the post closely, and i started this thread a while ago. After posting it i think i should have named it, " How many people are on isaitjohn that are rude and ignorant. "

MichelleM
10-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Nobody was rude to your. You asked a question. One after another everybody told you the same thing. You cannot get rid of them completely. You did not like the answer. Your dr, your friends and yourself know how to get rid of them when everybody else does not so why ask???

mizunderstood
10-13-2007, 08:26 PM
hmmmm maybe you should read the post closely, and i started this thread a while ago. After posting it i think i should have named it, " How many people are on isaitjohn that are rude and ignorant. "

6 days ago is not WHILE ago that is a couple days ago and there is no way you got rid of stretch marks in 6 days.
and my dear look up the definition of big words like ignorant before you use them cause no one was ignorant in any of the posts here other than you...

mizunderstood
10-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Ignorance is a lack of knowledge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge). Ignorance is sometimes misinterpreted as a synonym (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synonym) of stupidity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupidity), and is as thus often taken as an insult.
In many cases ignorance is seen as a pleasant alternative to harsh reality.

Willful ignorance (or vincible ignorance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincible_ignorance)) is a bad faith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_faith_%28existentialism%29) decision to avoid becoming informed about something so as to avoid having to make undesirable decisions that such information might prompt.
Ignorance is bliss is a phrase that comes from Thomas Gray (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Gray)'s poem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poem), "Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College" (1742 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1742)): "Where ignorance is bliss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliss), 'tis folly to be wise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise)."[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance#_note-0)

MichelleM
10-13-2007, 08:31 PM
6 days ago is not WHILE ago that is a couple days ago and there is no way you got rid of stretch marks in 6 days.
and my dear look up the definition of big words like ignorant before you use them cause no one was ignorant in any of the posts here other than you...

True, but whether it be 6 days, 6 months or 6 years if she knows how to get rid of stretch marks not only will she be stretch mark free she will be very rich.lol

mizunderstood
10-13-2007, 08:33 PM
True true... I need the name of her dr and friends to know the miracle solution

Lady_Athena
10-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Wow i never knew that Saint john had soo many rude people..... especially ones who love placing words in peoples mouths or like to critizie people. If i wanted to talk about myself well then i think i would have a life story on here. Im quiet sure my doctor is not a quack and i didnt mention his name for all you know he could possibly be your doctor as well maybe you should think before you say that. As for hormone fluctuations from pregnancy and miscarriage recovery, and steroid treatments as well and other factors including depression, stress, environment, nutrient. You also said that stretch marks are caused by stretch marks... Birth control has never caused me to gain weight, and even then i wont go back on birth control.

Never once did i say "Rapid" in any of my post. And if you want to know someone else who has managed to get their stretch marks to go away i know lots of people but im not going to list them because thats not my buissness to make them famous for not having their stretch marks anymore. I do lots in my days i dont sit around and say " oh how i wish i had a friend, or oh look at how fat and ugly i am with these fat roles and stretch marks. " Yeah they are gross, and yeah i have managed to take some peoples advice NOT FROM YOU OR THE INTERNET and have manged to lose the small little stretch marks, by simply doing sit ups and yoga exercise on my horse.
So for all you Quacks out their your all just plan RUDE and IGNORANT.

saying that my doctor is saying stuff i want to hear is hipocridical (sp) because i dont exactly go to my doctor and say this is what i want to hear and i dont go to him over every little thing like most people.

If Strecth marks dont go away, then i supoose loves handels and cancer dont as well and what about those nice rolls that sit around your bra strap?
Yup thats right i can be just as ignoratn as everyone else here, I think you all need a good personality check because of all the post that i read that has your guys names in it You are very rude.Oh my if I had to nominate you would be THE rudest person on isaintjohn. For a LONG time. You have little to NO respect for other posters and think isaintjohn is a game you can play when you are bored.

SO pot call the kettle black much?

EVERYONE you have called rude is a wonderful contributing member to these forums and they are the reasons I love it so much. So maybe you need to check yourself hun.

mizunderstood
10-13-2007, 08:52 PM
thanks lady athena very well said

Lady_Athena
10-13-2007, 09:00 PM
No problem she often really annoys me to be honest. :o

mizunderstood
10-13-2007, 09:03 PM
It's not her personally
Its people in general that ask questions for answers they really don't want answered, they just want to stir the pot so to speak.
Harbourchick07 I hope that you do find the miracle cure for stretch marks and make it free to everyone on isaintjohn. :)

mizunderstood
10-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I am sure you don't go to your dr for "the cure for stretch marks" but I am pretty sure that he, like anyone else that talks to you for 5 minutes realizes that you are a drama queen, and tend to not want to hear other peoples answers cause you are always right.
And I am not sure what the heck you meant in the last part of your post about stretch marks, cancer and love handles... But sadly yet again you show your ignorance. Cest la vie...

Lady_Athena
10-13-2007, 09:12 PM
For me it isn't the first time she's posted something offensive or told a bunch of people off for disagreeing with her. But I digress, I know where you are coming from miz. I am sorry that this thread turned out the way it did, but I am not sorry for being honest. No more posting in this one for me because I know she is going to try and tell me off again lol So I will not read nor reply. :D There is nothing of interest in this thread anymore anyways and I take back all my advice! lol

AreWeThereYetMom
10-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Just when I was spending some quality time surfing the classifieds, that I get notified that this post gets active again... ROTF!! Literally! Well, let me go buy a cancer stick, fix my bra strap and get the love handles moving!
...that’s really too sad Harbourchick07, why do you have to turn so defensive with this thread!!
The advice and comments given on here by the members are far from rude and ignorant, many of us offer each other tons of information on here, and your choice was to slam comments back to us, without an ounce of thanks for us taking the time to post some responses and real life experiences.

In addition, my final word to what started out to be an informative thread sadly turned to confrontation by your own choosing;

... you have in fact experienced rapid weight loss this year as stated by you in one of your previous threads.

harbourchick07
10-14-2007, 11:28 AM
i do find calling peoples friends and Doctors Quacks to be VERY RUDE!!!... Name your doctor i guarantee its the same one i have.... And maybe you should go look through some other post i have on here they aren't rude.. At least i have the decency Not to post on isaintjohn about people getting killed or drowned. And i seem to not be the only on on this site that gets criticized there are many to be named... I do not have any other threads on here stating Rapid Weight Lose. Yeah i have lost weight but not a crap load in one week like most people... Im normal i walk off my fat i dont pop diet pills like some people have stated they do on this site. I didnt go to my doctor for the cure of stretch marks... Simply went for a pap test... and asked him about it... and i really hope that you all do have a different doctor then me because i am sure it would be pretty hurtful to call your doctor a quack.

harbourchick07
10-14-2007, 11:32 AM
seems to me that by re reading this thread MichelleM from the first you had a mouth on you and you seem to be the one that got me mad in the first place maybe you should all re read that part as well.

harbourchick07
10-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Stretch marks are caused by the skins elastic barrier being stretched to far, He also said that by keeping your skin well moisturized and by doing exercise to flatten your belly the stretch marks will reduce Dramatically in size and may even go away depending on their size.<----- i believe that says MAY go away and will REDUCE in size...

mizunderstood
10-14-2007, 11:37 AM
no one called you or your friends quacks they called your doc a quack. And yes a dr that gives false hope, outdated info and just plain wrong info is a quack.
As far as you stating you are not rude in any of your other posts, I can give atleast 10 other examples of where you argue with people, where you bash other people's opinion, and where you are just plain ignorant. But I digress, it is irrelevant now, you have shown your true colors to a lot of people on here. You are young, have very little experience with life and people and need to learn that if you do not want to hear answers then just don't ask the questions.

mizunderstood
10-14-2007, 11:44 AM
seems to me that by re reading this thread MichelleM from the first you had a mouth on you and you seem to be the one that got me mad in the first place maybe you should all re read that part as well.

just saw your new post, I am sorry but yet again you are wrong harbourchick, michellem was not rude or anything to you in her first post re read it again, the only time she was less that polite to you (and not even what i would class rude) is when she answered your question, you told her basically she was wrong and then she stated that if you don't want to hear the answer dont ask the question. She was not being rude or ignorant my dear it was YOU the whole time being rude and ignorant. Grow up, appreciate that people even still bother with you and your immature foolish games anymore and try to help you. But you are the kind of person that cannot accept other peoples point of views on anything, and must have the last WRONG word. Get a grip, grow up and stop treating the rest of the isaintjohn community like they are your personal punching bags!

p.s. if her original comment is what made you "mad" then you need to seek anger managment councilling.

harbourchick07
10-14-2007, 11:47 AM
i do remember reading in one post you or someone else stated they are only 20 well wouldnt you just know that im 20 as well and yes there was a remark made about my friends and doctor being a quack and yeah in one other thread i said stuff to people because they were bashing someone, or starting rumors up, like the time they had the thread about the man who drowned in rockwood, That stuff should not be posted because you never know when someone like me who happened to be there step sister would come along those post. If you start a thread about rape do you think someone who was raped is going to like it very much. And if you want to name those other 10 post i have been rude in then maybe you should refresh my memory because i do not remember...

MichelleM
10-14-2007, 12:01 PM
I was never rude to you. I did not say anything about you, your friends or dr. Only that if you know how and have gotten rid of stretch marks why ask and that you should let the world in the secret since nobody else knows how because you CANNOT.I can be rude if you like. I answered your question and you apparently did not like the answer. It was not only me, it was countless other people. Apperently if we do tell you what you like to here we are rude and ignorant. The only person I read that was being rude and ignorant was you.

Mandi
10-14-2007, 12:03 PM
i do remember reading in one post you or someone else stated they are only 20 well wouldnt you just know that im 20 as well and yes there was a remark made about my friends and doctor being a quack and yeah in one other thread i said stuff to people because they were bashing someone, or starting rumors up, like the time they had the thread about the man who drowned in rockwood, That stuff should not be posted because you never know when someone like me who happened to be there step sister would come along those post. If you start a thread about rape do you think someone who was raped is going to like it very much. And if you want to name those other 10 post i have been rude in then maybe you should refresh my memory because i do not remember...
I'm 22 as if that has anything to do with peanut butter... I really hope you do someday realize that you are wrong, and handling it in an immature way. Stretch marks do. not. 'go away' ever. they are scar tissue. scars are permanent without treatment, clearly your doctor was humoring you. You stated that they could go away depending on their size, you're wrong. Best of luck anyway, I would say you have more problems to consider than just your superficial ones.

mizunderstood
10-14-2007, 12:07 PM
selective memory much?? it doesn't matter anymore your just pizzed off cause finally you got called out on what kind of person you truly are. btw I am not 20 years old I am almost 27. And since you brought it up the man in rockwood park that drowned was my first cousin so get over yourself.

melissaanne
10-15-2007, 09:10 AM
geez, I didn't think stating clear facts was being ignorant?? I think maybe the person chosing not to listen to those clear facts would be considered the ignorant one. And by that I mean the true defination of ignorance.

But once again, it's your opinion to believe you can get rid of stretch marks or *may* be able to, I think you can't and your doc is telling you what you want to hear. Oh and BTW, my doctor is a woman and my old Doctor is a man from Sussex( both of which have told me the same thing about stretch marks), unless you think there is only one doctor in this whole city, I highly doubt we ALL have the same doctor. Again you are displaying plain ignorance.