PDA

View Full Version : Activities for Toddlers

Corinne
10-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Hi, I am just looking for any information or suggestions on activities for Toddlers. What kinds of activities do you have/had your kids in and which did you find the kids had the best time attending. Thanks

dittydottie
10-05-2007, 06:39 AM
When my girls were younger they were all involved in a bowling league(from the time they were 3,they are now 22,24,26)and now one of my granddaughters is in it.

sarahnb
10-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Tuesday's we go to a dance class at St Andrew& St David on Germain St. It's very informal and no dance steps taught but rather an opportunity for kids and parents to dance with other families. The Aquatic center has a mom and tot swim for $2 on tuesday mornings.
The Family Resource Center has playgroups in the South end, West side, north end as well as some rural outreach programs http://frc-crf.com/saint-john/ As well there is a group you can join called Wee Welcome. It organizes activities and a newsletter. Last week we went to the zoo. This week was the Atlantica Art center. There are more playgroups in the KV area as well. You can send me a pm for more information.

StephRan
10-05-2007, 01:39 PM
My son also went to the little dance thing last Tuesday at St Andrew& St David on Germain St also. He enjoyed running around...and trying to steal everyones little shakers. He rarely sees other children, so it was really good for him. He's 18 months.

FutureChief88
10-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Anyone know of dance classes for childrean that is not through Danceability.. Not that there is anything wrong with them.. Just that the classes for my daughters age group are on saturdays.. and i work saturdays:(

MichelleM
10-05-2007, 02:53 PM
My daughter dances at Rothesay Ballet school in Quispamsis. They have ballet, jazz, tap and highland. She is older but they start pretty young. They are really good, she used to dance at Port city but I find this one is way better.

MichelleM
10-05-2007, 02:54 PM
The ymca used to have toddler gymnastics but not sure if they have it at the new location

StephRan
10-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Sarahnb, do you know if the kiddy pool is overly crowded on Tuesdays & Thursdays?Thanks

MichelleM
10-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Skating.
Tiny tot and toddler skating started at the rinks this week. Not sure of all the times but it is 2.45-3.45 on Mondays and 2-3 on Tuesdays at the Stewart Hurley, not sure the times for the rest of the week.

karen
10-15-2007, 01:40 PM
My son joined taekwondo at the age of 4 and is still in it (he's 9 years old now!). I'm just waiting until my little one turns 3 and then she'll be joining.
JVK Taekwondo has a tiger cub program for little ones (usually start at the age of 4) one night a week (Tues) and it's only $25/month for this program. Very affordable!