PDA

View Full Version : anyone out there use cloth diapers??

Misty589
01-09-2007, 04:53 PM
It seems like no one around here does? I'm hoping to find some sources locally for used/new diapers(not the sears kind) and soakers(wool,fleece,or PUL) for the diapers even prefolds would be alright, maybe even preferred lol not sure yet
anyone have any idea ??

stjfairy
01-09-2007, 05:40 PM
this is going to suprise you but, value village usually has some, down in the baby section. They are usually in very good condition all brands and sizes, if there is any in at the time check again in a few days, they always seem to have some.

Misty589
01-11-2007, 03:09 PM
hmm i usually have a look when i'm there but i've never seen any, i made a special trip yesterday but there was nothing, maybe i'll have to start going more frequently

T4
01-12-2007, 08:41 PM
might be a long shot...but have you thought about making your own? I used cloth diapers on my middle child because she was allergic to whatever was in the disposables. Anyhow, my mom made them for me. Oh, and now that I think of it...it was like 17yrs ago!! LOL, how the time flys.

Misty589
01-13-2007, 10:16 AM
I am making some (i make my daugters clothes ect) but a lot of the fabric i would like to use is not available locally (PUL, sherpa, hemp ect) so for some it is easier and cheaper to buy used and strip them.

tred816
01-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi Misty589, just wanted to let you know I used cloth diapers when my kids were small and I have a book that shows you how to fold them etc... The book is for sale, but if you just want the instructions, I could easily scan them and email a copy to you. The book also has the recipe for formula (made from canned milk) which is what I used as well. Formula on the shelves only started coming out about 30 years ago and its so expensive. My doctor ok'd it and everything. I can send that as well if you're interested.

hiph0p
01-13-2007, 03:49 PM
i wouldnt be able to do that i would throw up lol

Misty589
01-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I'd love for you to email that to me, I don't plan on using flats on a regular basis, but in a pinch i could fold up a receiving blanket LOL How much did you want for the book and whats the title? I wouldn't need hte formula stuff becasue the baby will be breastfed.