PDA

View Full Version : Mardens

KRS
10-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Any Mardens lovers in the house?

On our way back from New Hampsha , we stopped at 5 different Mardens because hey, we love that stuff.

dan j
10-03-2007, 03:43 PM
mardens can go to... for all i care.

FutureChief88
10-03-2007, 03:50 PM
lol

mizunderstood
10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
I find mardens to ge a glorified liquidation world.. lol.. not a big fan of mardens myself I find they smell funny.. Though a friend of mine swears by them! lol

Chinna Dah
10-04-2007, 08:10 AM
I love Mardens....sometimes they have crap...sometimes I could spend a couple hundred bucks.

FutureChief88
10-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Yea its one of those.. Well like the slogan says.. " i should have bought it.. when i saw it.. at Mardens."

But yes Glorified Liquadation World.. Altho not that glorified.. I find their stuff Disgusting in there. I was there once or twice.. Maybe.. And scared to touch anything..

The Mysterious Lady
10-04-2007, 10:29 AM
I live across the border in Eastport. I find Marden's to be overpriced for the most part, for instance, many times you can find the same item at Wal-mart for the same or lesser price (and Marden's is supposed to be a liquidation store!)

But now and then you can find a pleasant bargain. I go every three months or so.

KRS
10-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Mardens is great.

Oceanpearl624
10-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Hi KRS
I love Mardens as well.....I was down last weekend and the money was at par so had lots of fun looking, I don,t buy alot there, but often find a good deal now and then. I have been to a lot of Mardens in the US, but I find the one in Calais the best....much cleaner and better stock.

MichelleM
10-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Normally I think the have garbage but last time we were there I got my daughter really nice shoes that I would have paid at least $30 for here. They were supposed to be $3.99 but when she only charged me $1.99. I didn't think that you could by shoes for $1.99 ever.

kaj27
07-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Building 19 is waaaaay better

http://www.building19.com/

inuit
07-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow, I haven't been across the border in 10 years. I'd almost forgotten about Mardens it's been so long.

I used to work at the hospital in St Stephen and used to pop across the border 3 or 4 times a week after work.

Pumpkin
07-16-2009, 11:14 AM
I hadn't been across the border in about 15 years and finally went last September. We hit Mardens first and I was so disappointed. I expected something atleast half decent. I remember Riche's or whatever and that store was great...but that was atleast 15 years ago. lol

I found the Mardens store dirty and most of what I found in there looked like it had been pulled out of an old abandoned building after it had caved in years ago. The merchandise was horrible. The shoes, the clothes, well pretty much everything I looked at and what wasn't in bad shape was covered with 7 layers of dust.. I had even contemplated buying a nice big umbrella I saw in there for bus stop mornings that are pouring rain, and everyone I pulled out had holes in it. :|

Though, I did get some Energizer batteries in there for about 1/2 of what we pay for them up here, that was great. :) And, they do have some nice and cheap material in there I bought to make some bags with, but that's as far as I am willing to go with my nice comments on that particular store. I have never been in any other Marden stores. I hope they all don't look like the one you first meet when you cross the St.Stephen border. :(

But I can't just say it was Marden's that seemed off the day I went. I went into the Walmart there and they had pretty much NO shoes in their store. Weird! But, I did find a HUGE brick of Velveeta cheese there for $5 when we pay 6 or 7 for a smaller one up here. That was SWEET! The store was clean and everything else seemed normal. Just found it odd they had a VERY small selction of shoes, and most of what was there was for children, or not for daily foot wear.

Jilly-Bean
07-16-2009, 09:53 PM
LOL, this thread is from 2007. Hitting the vault!

Dawn-Marie
07-17-2009, 01:03 AM
A couple of years back, I bought a little white fan there for $2. We have it running most of the day and usually most nights. Works Great!!!! best buy we ever made!!!
Wish I bought more than one. *o_O*