PDA

View Full Version : Too much alcohol??

Peachy
09-24-2007, 11:27 AM
I have a question. How much is too much? I like having a few drinks throughout the week. About twice a month I will have a little bit too much fun and get drunk.. Is that too much??? I'm just interested to hear others thoughts.

mizunderstood
09-24-2007, 11:31 AM
that is a personal question I dont think any of us can answer for you. My opinion is, if you drink regularly or you "need" to have a drink to unwind or you drink to the point of being stupid then yes that is too much. I personally don't drink very often... maybe 2-3 times a year. (xmas, new years and my birthday maybe)
Welcome to isaintjohn you will find the people here are great to bounce things off of!

magoosmomma
09-24-2007, 12:55 PM
I have a question. How much is too much? I like having a few drinks throughout the week. About twice a month I will have a little bit too much fun and get drunk.. Is that too much??? I'm just interested to hear others thoughts.

Totally a personal opinion...

The_Dave
09-24-2007, 05:29 PM

If you feel that their is a concern I would suggest that you visit an AA website. I am not judging or saying you need help or have a problem, but I feel if you are asking us this question, then you have a concern. Good Luck

Mandi
09-24-2007, 06:21 PM
If it's not ruining your life financially or jeopardizing your job or relationships, I would say you're not doing anything wrong.

The_Dave
09-24-2007, 07:44 PM
If it's not ruining your life financially or jeopardizing your job or relationships, I would say you're not doing anything wrong.

I agree with Mandi, but maybe visit a website or talk to someone just in case.

cornerofeden
09-24-2007, 08:41 PM
If alcholism runs in your family, then yes it is too much. Its like anything you take that puts you in a drug or alcohol induced state, eventually you need to add just a little more to feel "the buzz". I'm sure there is not one alcoholic person that first begun using believed he/she would become an alcoholic.
Secondly, if you feel you need to drink to have a good time, that is also a problem.
For every person out there who took their first drag on a cigarette, or drugs whether perscription or illegal drugs or took their first drink;
find themselves addicted, they would never have started. Because now they have a bigger battle to overcome.
So my opinion only, I feel you have a problem.

Chinna Dah
09-25-2007, 08:07 AM
If alcholism runs in your family, then yes it is too much. Its like anything you take that puts you in a drug or alcohol induced state, eventually you need to add just a little more to feel "the buzz". I'm sure there is not one alcoholic person that first begun using believed he/she would become an alcoholic.
Secondly, if you feel you need to drink to have a good time, that is also a problem.
For every person out there who took their first drag on a cigarette, or drugs whether perscription or illegal drugs or took their first drink;
find themselves addicted, they would never have started. Because now they have a bigger battle to overcome.
So my opinion only, I feel you have a problem.

Very good post.I agree, and also I agree that you should check out the AA website.