PDA

View Full Version : Expired Hospital Items

JustWatching
09-24-2007, 08:21 AM
I was in outpatients the other night...nothing too serious...but while waiting to see a doctor I spotted a lot of items (stuff they keep onhand in each room I guess for emergencies) like tubes etc....ALL expired...most was Nov 2004....don't know if that stuff (tubes etc) can expire....but I assume they put a date on it for a reason....do you think anyone is supposed to be checking this stuff....it scared me to think what else is out of date or even how much they pay attention to their supplies....medicine....etc (BB Dates etc)

I could maybe understand even if it expired in the past few months....but 3yrs ago??? How long has it been there?

Cherry Pop
09-24-2007, 07:46 PM
That seems kind of scarry. Although I buy medical supplies every month and they always have expiry dates on them but most of the things I use would never really expire. It might be a canadian law or something that everything has to have an expiry date.

The_Dave
09-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I was in outpatients the other night...nothing too serious...but while waiting to see a doctor I spotted a lot of items (stuff they keep onhand in each room I guess for emergencies) like tubes etc....ALL expired...most was Nov 2004....don't know if that stuff (tubes etc) can expire....but I assume they put a date on it for a reason....do you think anyone is supposed to be checking this stuff....it scared me to think what else is out of date or even how much they pay attention to their supplies....medicine....etc (BB Dates etc)

I could maybe understand even if it expired in the past few months....but 3yrs ago??? How long has it been there?

Or maybe the date is when they started using it brand new? Possibly, if it is reusable, this is what they do.