PDA

View Full Version : Halloween??

t_s_cb
09-22-2007, 02:48 PM
What age is too young to bring a child out trick or treating based on personal experiences?

Misty589
09-22-2007, 03:02 PM
daughter loved it at 3 years old last year, but we just did our own street

The_Dave
09-22-2007, 06:09 PM
I believe it is whatever you think and possibly the weather.

mizunderstood
09-22-2007, 08:08 PM
we took our 1 year old and 2 year old out last year but we only did a couple houses. (just friends and family)

Mandi
09-23-2007, 06:16 AM
My daughter liked it last year, (Halloween is 10 days after her birthday, and she turned 3 last year.) She's going to be four this year, and she's excited, so we'll take her to a few houses in the afternoon but not to the extent that I would take her around if she were a bit older. Just have fun with it :D It's a great day.

leeleemom
09-23-2007, 04:56 PM
One year I took my 4 year old out and I had my baby with me as well who was9 months old at the time. I had the baby dressed up too. I thought it was cute. Well because my son was only 4(and just turned 4) I was going to the doors with him. One guy yelled at me cause I had my baby with me. He said I was a terrible mother and just trying to get extra candy! I was like listen buddy do you see my baby with a treat bag? He got so mad that I had the nerve to talk back at him that he said he wasn't gonna give my 4 year old any candy....cause I was probably gonna eat it on him anyway!!

commkathy
09-23-2007, 05:01 PM
One year I took my 4 year old out and I had my baby with me as well who was9 months old at the time. I had the baby dressed up too. I thought it was cute. Well because my son was only 4(and just turned 4) I was going to the doors with him. One guy yelled at me cause I had my baby with me. He said I was a terrible mother and just trying to get extra candy! I was like listen buddy do you see my baby with a treat bag? He got so mad that I had the nerve to talk back at him that he said he wasn't gonna give my 4 year old any candy....cause I was probably gonna eat it on him anyway!!

That is the kind of man who should just turn off the lights and keep the door shut or put a NO CANDY sign out...what a jerk. There is no way he should have spoken to you like that, especially in front of your children.

Chinna Dah
09-23-2007, 06:57 PM

WOW, just WOW

oasis
09-23-2007, 07:06 PM
I see people with their babies all the time. My wife will take pictures cause it's so cute. There is nothing wrong with it. Where I have a problem is last year we had a man that must have been in his 50's come to the door!

Halloween is for kids. Your baby is a kid! Good thing I wasn't there. I'd have given him an earful, that would probably be better not heard by kids!

heres2u
10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I think 1 and 2 year olds are a little too young to take around trick or treating. 2 year olds can go to a few houses perhaps but I wouldn't overdo it. For one thing they wouldn't need all that candy and they are too cranky (personal experience) for too many. I just took my child to there grandparents at 1 and a couple houses in my neighborhood at 2 and believe me I'm glad I didn't take them to others they were too young. At 3 and older they loved it.

tmason16
10-02-2007, 12:46 AM
my little guy was 1 and 1/2 last year and i just took him to the mall out east just to have him dressed up and get a little bit of candy and it is warm in the mall. the have trick or treating every year there. hre wasnt sure what was going on but he had fun dressing up as bob the builder

FutureChief88
10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Halloween is for children not matter what age.. Take em out and have fun!

Nerepisboy
10-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I agree any age is good but only until a decent hour. The thing that gets me is when you have some kids coming to collect treats for their baby brother or sister at home. I mean if they are that young and likely still on formula or pablum, do you think they are going to enjoy a bag of chips or a chocolate bar, or is someone else going to enjoy it, mmmmmm !!!

Triple J
10-03-2007, 06:32 PM
OMG Lee Lee!! I guess you were suposed to leave the baby home to answer the door hehe.

FutureChief88
10-04-2007, 08:24 AM
LOL.. I totally agree..
And no.. U dont want to have a 3 months old out trick or treating.. but there is nothing wrong with dressing them up and even taking them out for a walk.. to see all the ghouls and goblins around.. lol
Look.. halloween is SOMETHING to do.. As there is NOTHING to do in this city! lol