PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good decent place to meet new people?

butterflyprincess
09-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Does anyone now of a place or activities that someone can go to in order to meet new people?

low
09-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Taking a course in the community, or joining a volunteer organisation is an idea. At least you meet people that are somewhat interested in something besides themselves.
Judo lessons?....... I hope things work out {:^)x

karen
09-21-2007, 07:17 AM
LOL I met my husband at Taekwondo

dale & barb
09-21-2007, 08:17 AM
if your single...my parents friend is as well...lol if your over 35 and not taller than 5'5 (hes a short irish man) let me know! I can hook you up!
OMG he would die if he knew i was writting this!!!
Barb

butterflyprincess
09-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Hi, sorry I'm five six and 31, but single and looking.

SeanM
09-22-2007, 03:55 AM
There's not many places around for meeting people in that aspect.....at least as far as I know.....sure would be nice if there was though.

Misty2356
09-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Have you tried "United Singles"...great way to meet
singles in this area. Dances every two weeks and if you
join, there is volleyball, bar-b-ques, camping trips, and
much more...check it out...
http://saintjohn.cioc.ca/details.asp?RSN=203&Number=8

stripekv
09-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Hit up the Iceberg on Saturday night's, or any night for that matter.

Or, you could join a community group; karate, or joining a class at the gym. They also have single dances around, you could check out that UNited Singles there.

If I were trying to meet new people, personally, I'd go check out the Iceberg on Union Street. Great, great, spot.

care1978
09-23-2007, 09:49 AM
dont go to the iceburg, unless you are looking to meet people in a dive atmosphere, im in the same situation myself, wondering where is there to meet "normal" people, the best thing i could come up with is to go back to school, or go to church lol,
good luck!

butterflyprincess
09-23-2007, 10:03 AM
not interested in the bar seen, more looking for classes or activities that you can enjoy and just meet new friends

The_Dave
09-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi, sorry I'm five six and 31, but single and looking.

Any pics?

The_Dave
09-23-2007, 12:17 PM

Or, you could join a community group; karate, or joining a class at the gym. They also have single dances around, you could check out that UNited Singles there.

If I were trying to meet new people, personally, I'd go check out the Iceberg on Union Street. Great, great, spot.

The Iceberg?? Are you for real? That place is a dump and nothing but drug addicts hang out there. Same as the Great Canadian across the street from it.

t_s_cb
09-23-2007, 12:35 PM
The Iceberg?? Are you for real? That place is a dump and nothing but drug addicts hang out there. Same as the Great Canadian across the street from it.

Geez Dave how would you know..lol..kidding..I was thinking the same thing

The_Dave
09-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I am thinking stripekv was kidding?? Because I would not recommend this place to take a dog let alone a human.

Mandi
09-23-2007, 01:27 PM

All this stuff, don't do. Bad idea.
Best of luck though. :)

The_Dave
09-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Still waiting for pics. hehehe

mizunderstood
09-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Why not try leagues, bowling, dart, etc. Or maybe plentyoffish? I dont know been years since I was "on the market" lol

lizard_lover
09-26-2007, 12:07 PM
same here...been years since i wanted to meet new people, but here is one way, local groups, stuff like that. I agree, NO ICEBERG! that place is nasty and gross

butterflyprincess
09-26-2007, 12:11 PM
beleive me I will not be going to the Iceburg now or ever

ANDREWD
09-26-2007, 01:31 PM
actually there is nothing wrong with the iceberg or any of those bars uptown. lots of my friends go there and i stop in and whenever i go its a good time.

The_Dave
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
actually there is nothing wrong with the iceberg or any of those bars uptown. lots of my friends go there and i stop in and whenever i go its a good time.

You have to be kidding.

magoosmomma
09-26-2007, 02:00 PM
You have to be kidding.

Oh God I hope so..............

ANDREWD
09-26-2007, 03:30 PM
what bars do you go to then?

The_Dave
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I do not go to bars, but when I did go out ocassionally, I would go to Melvins. Maybe the 3 mile for supper. I like the Ale house. The food is great there. I find most of the Dooley's quite good also.

If the Iceberg works for you then fine, personally I find it to be a drug dealer and drug user hang out. Same as Crows. Sorry.

jillybean
09-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Well it all depends on how old you are and what your interests are

The_Dave
09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Well it all depends on how old you are and what your interests are

Yes you are right, but personally I stay away from bars whose regulars are drug dealers and drug users, no matter what the age group.

sanstu
09-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Try a gym membership(goodlife seems to be very popular) Maybe someone on here knows of someone that is single; hint.... hint.... people!!
I personally don't think you will meet someone at a bar!

jeanowen
09-26-2007, 08:10 PM
You have to be kidding.

no this is not a fancy bar but my daughter works there.and lots of good times have been had there

The_Dave
09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
no this is not a fancy bar but my daughter works there.and lots of good times have been had there

She may have good times there, but if I were her, I would be working elsewhere real fast. The type of people that go there are sure to bring trouble and as a Mother, you would not want to see your daughter caught in the middle of anything. It is usually the innocent that get hurt.

stripekv
09-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Yes, I was only kidding about the Iceberg.

That's about as dirty of a bar as you can get.

girdy
09-26-2007, 09:40 PM
So now that all the reviews of the Iceberg are (hopefully) finished...

Look around for the Activities Guide for the area you live in. The one for KV came out this week, lots of great listings including "Newcomers" club, Fairville Outing Club (weekly Karaoke, Crib, Texas Holdem, Bingo), and contacts for all the rec clubs in the Valley. Also, all the 1-off events for the fall for Halloween, xmas tree lighting, skating, Santa Claus parade, ... contact your town/city hall.

The_Dave
09-27-2007, 07:14 AM
So now that all the reviews of the Iceberg are (hopefully) finished...

Look around for the Activities Guide for the area you live in. The one for KV came out this week, lots of great listings including "Newcomers" club, Fairville Outing Club (weekly Karaoke, Crib, Texas Holdem, Bingo), and contacts for all the rec clubs in the Valley. Also, all the 1-off events for the fall for Halloween, xmas tree lighting, skating, Santa Claus parade, ... contact your town/city hall.

Sorry Girdy.

You have some great ideas also.