PDA

View Full Version : Text Messaging Ban?

suesguy
09-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Ok, a lot of the states are banning text messaging while driving...some using cell phones while driving.( Canadians are being fined down there) Is this a good idea? Even using hands free is banned in some states. Seems like a no brainer to me..keep your focus on the road but then again I am probably one of a few that do not text message, and my cell phone is pay as you go for quick calls and emergencies only.

Should we outright ban the little critters or are there other possibilities?

The_Dave
09-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Ok, a lot of the states are banning text messaging while driving...some using cell phones while driving.( Canadians are being fined down there) Is this a good idea? Even using hands free is banned in some states. Seems like a no brainer to me..keep your focus on the road but then again I am probably one of a few that do not text message, and my cell phone is pay as you go for quick calls and emergencies only.

Should we outright ban the little critters or are there other possibilities?

I also do not text. There should be an outright ban on texting while driving. This is a no brainer.

Mandi
09-18-2007, 12:40 PM
I love texting sometimes just a cute little 'I love you' To my husband or other messages to make him chuckle throughout the day But the idea of texting while driving, or even talking on cell phones is just absurd to me.

suesguy
09-18-2007, 12:43 PM
I see it everyday..just this morning on Waterloo St...heard a horn and turned to look..a girl was text messaging and not paying attention to the light...it had turned green and drivers behind her were impatient. Could be bad if it was turning red... lol

mommyd
09-18-2007, 12:45 PM
everything that takes any of your attention off the rd should be banned.

girdy
09-18-2007, 01:16 PM
There is only 1 thing a driver should be doing in a car. Driving.

lizard_lover
09-18-2007, 01:45 PM
totally.

kaj27
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
There is only 1 thing a driver should be doing in a car. Driving.

hahaha I say that all the time myself.

leeleemom
09-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I love texting! For some stupid reason I text instead of calling a lot.....don't know why really! Anyhow, one thing I do not ever do is text while driving! It is way to distracting. It should be banned. There should be a hefty fine if caught! I would have no objection to that at all!

sanstu
09-18-2007, 08:19 PM
everything that takes any of your attention off the rd should be banned.

I tell my kids this all the time!:rofl: (haven't banned anyone yet, however the twins have come close!)

NoseToTheGrind
09-18-2007, 09:07 PM
OH this is a subject I love...LOL.....the other day a guy pulled out in front of me, he had the stop sign, I was right at the intersection and here he comes.....stops dead as I do, glaring right at him, with a cigarette sticking out of one side of his mouth, a cellphone to his ear, AND a coffee in one hand....I yelled out to him, " HEY MULTI-TASKER, now trying driving with your freakin eyes open"....... :rofl:

Pumpkin
09-18-2007, 10:20 PM
I think it should be banned out right. I was in a 3 car pile up (ofcourse I was the person in the middle) because some young guy was talkin on the phone, dropped his phone on the floor, reached down to get it, and BANG! Right in the middle of train tracks too!

I see it too much. It is not safe. There are enough people out there who are not paying attention without talking on the phone, we don't need to add to it. I even see the cops talking on them while driving! Good grief!

trinity
09-19-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't have a problem with hands-free talking, that doesn't seem any different or more distracting to me than chatting with your fellow passengers or singing along to music. Even sipping a coffee only uses one hand, and not really your eyes, and lots of one-armed people drive so you can't use the argument that you need both hands on the wheel. However, texting uses both your hand and your eyes, and takes more than a few seconds. Therefore it should be banned.