PDA

View Full Version : middle schools

dalemarie
09-17-2007, 11:05 AM
bayside VS forest hills ? any difference ?
I know bullying goes on everywheres now but my son is in bayside and we are thinking of transfering him ,,,, and I had a few questions about forest hills ...
How long is there lunch ?
Are they allowed inside and outside at lunch ?
Are they well supervised ?
What is the bullying policy like ?
any opinions on either school would be great
TIA

MichelleM
09-17-2007, 11:14 AM
They are not allowed to leave school property in any grade at Foresthills and they have a no tolerance policy for bullying.

angiemc
09-17-2007, 02:29 PM
My son went to Bayside for three years and we never had a problem same rule applies no tolerence for bullying and they can not go off school proprty, the teachers and principle are great. That was just our experience.
Goodluck

commkathy
09-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Personally speaking, I have never had a problem with bayside. My son loved it and my daughter will be going there next year. There is a No Tolerance rule.......As far as Forest Hills goes...I have never personally had any of my children attend but I do have a couple of friends who's children attend that school and they hate it..apparently there are far worse problems at that school as far as bullying and crime.

sarahnb
09-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Girl, 12, who took knife to school pleads guilty: lawyer
Last Updated: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 | 10:22 AM AT
CBC News
A 12-year-old girl who brought an 18-centimetre knife to Forest Hills School last spring has pleaded guilty to possession of a dangerous weapon, the girl's lawyer said.

The young girl, who cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, told investigators she took the weapon with her to the school on the East Side of Saint John because she was being bullied.

She is now under the care of the Department of Family and Community Services, lawyer Wilber MacLeod said. She is no longer attending Forest Hills School.

Sentencing will take place on Oct. 30 so that probation officers have time to prepare a pre-sentence report.

Parents of students at Forest Hills School were complaining about incidents of bullying since last spring. They felt the school was not doing enough to control the problem.