PDA

View Full Version : delete

Moe
09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
delete

dan j
09-14-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure where the original version of this thread went but I gave an answer that'll probably be the best you'll get from here as I doubt anyone knows how to do this off the top of their head so instead of having someone go out and do all the work for you, just get on Google and start searching around. This will "mod" your phone and make your warranty void so make sure you're comfortable doing it. Basically, you're going to go into the hard programming of the phone and change some stuff around that will allow the phone to recognize the USB cord as more than just a data cable to use your phone as a modem.

kaj27
09-14-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm not sure where the original version of this thread went but I gave an answer that'll probably be the best you'll get from here as I doubt anyone knows how to do this off the top of their head so instead of having someone go out and do all the work for you, just get on Google and start searching around. This will "mod" your phone and make your warranty void so make sure you're comfortable doing it. Basically, you're going to go into the hard programming of the phone and change some stuff around that will allow the phone to recognize the USB cord as more than just a data cable to use your phone as a modem.

Nope. Pretty much all current mobile phones are designed to be connected to the PC for Music Transfer or Syncing. No programming or Hacking is required. Nor does using a data kit void your warranty. Especially since you can buy most kits directly from the manufacturer or service provider.

10 Seconds on eBay found this (http://cgi.ebay.ca/USB-DATA-CABLE-KIT-for-NEW-CHOCOLATE-LG-VX8550-VX-8550_W0QQitemZ270166015803QQihZ017QQcategoryZ50327 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) Not sure if it's your model but you get the idea.

Moe
09-14-2007, 06:14 PM
delete

kaj27
09-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Geez, I tried to help.

dan j
09-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Since Moe refuses to listen to reason I'll just say this, the USB cable connected to the phone into the computer will not allow a user to transfer files back and forth from the phone and the computer. Aliant Mobility phones (Bell Mobility) are locked from performing that function. It does take a "mod" and "hacking" to get that done. The best bet is to buy a phone that has a memory card and then use a USB card reader to transfer files back and forth from the phone to the computer; however Moe already owns a Chocolate which doesn't have a memory card. Using the data cable doesn't void the warranty but hacking the phone does. I work for Aliant by the way. I get these questions all the time.

If Moe does come back. Just listen to what I'm saying. No one on iSJ will know how to do this off the top of their head. My answer is not stupid, it's realistic. I'm sorry it isn't the answer you're looking for but your best bet is to dig around on the net and you will find your answer, just not here. When doing your search a phone listed as an Aliant, Bell, or Sprint phone will all have the same directions. They're basically all programmed the same.

There isn't any reason to freak out. I'm probably the only person that is going to give you anything close to a real answer here so I hope it helps you.