PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Info Please

fbisassy
09-09-2007, 09:52 AM
My computer keeps popping up a box that says "Low Disc Space" and tells me to free up some space by removing some of the programs that I am not using.
I have deleted all that I can that I know of but some I'm not sure if I can remove them or not. I bought the computer second hand and maybe someone can help me here. Can I delete these and still have my computer work correctly?
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB925672) says its rarely used
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978) says its rarely used
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181) says its rarely used
MSXML 6.0 Parcer (KB933579) says its rarely used
Network Stumbler 0.4.0 (remove only) used occasionally
NTREGOPT 1.1j only option is to remove - used rarely
7-Zip 4.42 only option is to remove - used rarely
Java (TM) 6 Update 2 says it is used rarely
Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903)

If anyone out there can help me with this and let me know whether or not I can remove these safely please...I am getting tired of that box coming up all the time and I don't know of anything else to delete or remove.

The only other items in my Add/Remove Programs are:

Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX
Limewire 4.14.8
Shockwave
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live Sign-In Assistant
xp-AntiSpy 3.95

Those are ALL the programs in my Add/Remove Programs and I need help to take some out... I do plan on upgrading my harddrive and ram right away.

Another ??? ... can I use any external harddrive as long as I have a port to put it in?

Thanks in advance for any info that comes my way.

kaj27
09-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Look more into, Stuff you downloaded. Like music, games and movies.

Most of that stuff you listed is needed.

Download this.... and run it. It helps remove junk of your computer.

http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloading

It's called CCleaner. Crap Cleaner. Works great.

fbisassy
09-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I'll try that...the only thing I have downloaded is about 60 songs and one game. Spider solitaire. No poker, no pogo, nothing. But I'll try that and see if it works
THANKS

petty22
09-10-2007, 07:20 AM
What size hard drive does the machine have? If the hard drive is small chances are that no cleaner is going to resolve this.

fbisassy
09-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the info on freeing up space...now how about the external hard drive...can I use any size...i only want a 20-30gb anyway. I don't play any of those high tech games and things...only poker and backgammon...and I also want to get a burner...heck i might as well just buy a new one...LOL...but seriously, can I do it?