PDA

View Full Version : My rant

Ck-sM
09-08-2007, 07:57 AM
what does the colour red mean on a traffic light???. in my books it means stop right.? well alot of people it means nothing. and what are those signs with the speed limit on it mean.???.. to me it is that is the max you should be going. what i have notice around here they mean nothing to anyone. where i work we have both of them and day after day , night after night people speed anywhere from 20 over the limit to 90 over. what s the hurry ??? i would love to know cause as they speed in a 25- 50km zone there are people walking that have familys,....would they like it if we went speeding trew their work place placing their life at risk...? they wouldnt ! so why do it trew mine or anyone elses for that matter..some people that drive their cars WILL stop for birds,cats ,rats but the second they see a person they speed up... and sorry for all of those people that dont know what RED mean s STOP.... dont move ... thats my beef with todays drivers. thanks to All who drive with care and attention. keep it up we need more of you

sarahnb
09-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Try the Loch Lomond, McAllister, Champlian intersection at 5pm if you'd like to see the city's worst drivers. Unreal. Turning left onto Loch Lomond, they block the intersection so no one can move. Not one car but five or six and they do it on a daily basis.

kaj27
09-08-2007, 10:37 AM
It seems traffic issues are becoming more pronounced in this city. Where are the traffic police when you need them?

Personally, I find McAllister Dr. bad too. The speed limit is 60 up and down that hill. People seem to think 80, 90 and even 100 is alright. No police in site. Bothers me a bit to not see anything done about it.

Adam-07
09-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I have only had my license for about a year and I too find terrible drivers in Saint John who I assume have had their license longer than me or around the same time for younger drivers. I find when people are on their cells they tend to cut off and block people very often or hit their breaks suddenly at the lights because they didn't notice the red light, I've had this happen to me by music shop at the 3 mile, the guy infront was on the phone and slammed his breaks when he was about 20 feet from the intersection because he didn't see the light change to red.

Another thing that bugs me is this misuse of the signal light. People keep them on for about 1/2 a mile before a turn or hit the wrong one and you have to keep your distance because you don't know where he is going since he probably passed about 20 turns.

I am not a "perfect" driver, we all make mistakes but some of the drivers you just shake your head and wonder if they got their license out of a cereal box.

dan j
09-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Cars taking the Crown St exit and turn down onto the overpass. They are making a left turn but do not yield for cars coming from the other direction going straight or turning right.

Cars turning left from City Rd and going up Garden St and fly into the right the right hand lane even though the people coming from City Rd turning right do not have a yield. Same thing for people coming down Garden St and turning right onto City Rd, they yield even though there is not a yield there.

People stopping uptown at intersections where they don't have a stop sign and on the very next intersection where there is a stop sign they don't stop!

Leaving the signal light on is the least of my annoyances with drivers and signal lights. Most drivers do not use them or engage them once they're already into their turn!

Speeding, of course is terrible in SJ.

Drivers who turn left but start their turn way too early and cut right into oncoming cars in the other lane is something I notice a lot too.

Oh, and idling and parking in spots that are not for parking. Idling gets me going every time! I hate it. Then, there are always the idiots who park their car right in front of the liquor or grocery store entrance like they're the only ones just running in and out.

This could go on forever...

MezMaRi
09-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I HATE when people are coming off loch lomand road and going to mccallister drive. They ALWAYS Yield and there isnt one there. Like seriously same goes for what dan mentioned about the garden street onto city road. If it doesnt say yield and you yield, it makes me ANGRY and I almost ram into you :) Move aside hahaha ;)

JustWatching
09-08-2007, 04:10 PM
People stopping uptown at intersections where they don't have a stop sign and on the very next intersection where there is a stop sign they don't stop!

...with most of what you are saying...but I am one of the those people who stop at intersections where I don't have to...reason being is that people coming the other way that DO have stop signs have not stopped (actually flew right through) and almost clipped me on at least 4 occasions that I can think of.

That could be part of the problem in SJ...there are soooo many bad drivers here that others have to "over compensate" therefore almost making them dangerous (in a way) i.e. stopping or slowing where they don't have to.

trinity
09-08-2007, 04:39 PM
More traffic officers ticketing people, they would pay for their own salary. As soon as they stop making their pay, then get rid of them, by then people might have learned more traffic rules. In a way I understand some times why people turning left block whole intersections, very often it is the only way they will get a chance to go at all. Every major intersection should have left turn signals. There should be a sign coming up past Harbour station to the effect that cars in the left hand lane need to STAY in the left hand lane. That is going to screw someone up because buddy, if I am the one coming down Garden St, I KNOW I don't have a yield and I'm not going to.

Ck-sM
09-08-2007, 04:49 PM
As for people having blinders on that is very very true....i belive some people here in sj need to re take the drivers test. they seem to just get in the car and turn on the music, get on the phone, blackberry and i have even seen them on lap tops.. while driving.. i must of missed that day ing driving school!!!!! i do have to say one thing for the cops traffic div... for only having 5 officers for that department they can only do soo much they cant pull over everyone, everyday. cause that would be close to 550 people an hour in this place. i have watched them where i work pull over and give tickets to over 45 people in three hours they do there best with what funding they have.. but for those people who are too many things while TRYing to drive pay attention to the road and the speed limit or get the hell off the road.

teg92
09-14-2007, 01:25 AM
the speeding and bad driving is bad here but ive seen worse. and as for the cops maybe if they stopped chasing kids who has some aftermarket parts on there cars. in the last month i was pulled over
1. for the officer thinking i had rear white turn signals(he actually noticed after he pulled me over they were yellow)
2. was pulled over for going 97 in a 100 zone (went to court and got off from that one)
3. two random checks to see if my car is registered and insured which it is
4. having blinkers that the bulbs are blue but they light up white
this is something really getting to me because this is pretty much daily now and if they would focus on other things besides younger people. and also there is some really dumb areas now that have very low speed limits that should be put higher

kaj27
09-14-2007, 06:26 AM
the speeding and bad driving is bad here but ive seen worse. and as for the cops maybe if they stopped chasing kids who has some aftermarket parts on there cars. in the last month i was pulled over
1. for the officer thinking i had rear white turn signals(he actually noticed after he pulled me over they were yellow)
2. was pulled over for going 97 in a 100 zone (went to court and got off from that one)
3. two random checks to see if my car is registered and insured which it is
4. having blinkers that the bulbs are blue but they light up white
this is something really getting to me because this is pretty much daily now and if they would focus on other things besides younger people. and also there is some really dumb areas now that have very low speed limits that should be put higher

Personally I think they should be pulling over people of any age with the "modifications" to their cars. There is no need for those massive mufflers...ect.. that just make a nuisance and encourage speeding.

christine chittick
09-14-2007, 07:38 AM
reminds me of too fast too furious. ;)

teg92
09-14-2007, 12:54 PM
what about street bikes/mucle cars/harleys there louder then imports. just because you have mods on your car doesnt mean you street race

kaj27
09-14-2007, 02:59 PM
what about street bikes/mucle cars/harleys there louder then imports. just because you have mods on your car doesnt mean you street race

Yeah but running around with a gun doesn't make you a murder, But...hey bet you'd get in trouble.

lizard_lover
09-14-2007, 03:07 PM
driving is bad when with bad drivers, but try being someone who cannot drive because of blackouts...i walk everywheres or bus it (now, SOME of the bus drivers are crazy...i fear my life with some of them) and almost everyday i am almost hit at stop signs and intersections by people not obeying the law. I even have people slow down when they see me, and as soon as i start to walk, they speed right up and swerve around me?!?!?! WTF?!?!?! like are people just trying to go to jail for murder or what?