PDA

View Full Version : stolen

viper47
09-07-2007, 06:41 AM
you know it is pretty bad when you go to a funeral to pay your respects to a family member and out side your car is being broken in to and they steal your cd player right out of the dash ..the nerve of some people this happened on waterloo street

Woofer
09-07-2007, 08:07 AM
it happened at my brothers funeral wednesday night between 7-9, wish we caught them viper, they wouldnt have had a chance.

leeleemom
09-07-2007, 08:25 AM
I am appalled!! I can't believe someone would do that! Imagine what kind of a person you would have to be to steal from someone at a funeral. Well I am a big believer in Karma and this person or people will get what they deserve someday. It is just sickening!!

FutureChief88
09-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Wow.. Sorry to hear guys.. U guys got enough to deal with..

suesguy
09-07-2007, 09:53 AM
We live in a messed up world. Right here in good old NB, thieves read the obits, then go rob the house while everyone is at the funeral.
I was at a baptism and a video cam was stolen...right in the Church no less...

mommyd
09-07-2007, 10:04 AM
that's why we have one that the face plate comes off of

FutureChief88
09-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Regardless if the stereo has a faceplate on it or not.. they STOLE it at a FUNERAL home! things get stolen all the time from cars and whatnot.. But in a Funeral Home Parking Lot! Its Disgusting!

mommyd
09-07-2007, 10:10 AM
honestly, it's disgusting no matter where something is stolen from.

Regardless if the stereo has a faceplate on it or not.. they STOLE it at a FUNERAL home! things get stolen all the time from cars and whatnot.. But in a Funeral Home Parking Lot! Its Disgusting!

dantan2
09-07-2007, 10:36 AM
My Grandmother went to church in the North End and had to bring her purse to communion with her because people come in the church and steal purses when they are up at the altar!

MezMaRi
09-07-2007, 10:59 AM
When my brother was baptized some years ago...my aunt had both her car windows broken out and all his presents stolen. At my nana's funeral in 2002 same type of thing happened except it was bags of things given to one of my family memebers. Awful and im so sorry to hear this happened to you

magoosmomma
09-07-2007, 11:19 AM
disgusting.. I truly believe those invloved will get what the deserve.. karma is a boomerang so to speak

FutureChief88
09-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Agreed!

MezMaRi
09-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I havent stopped thinking all day just how sad this all is. I feel awful that these people stealing from chruch, funeral home parking lots have such a terrible way of life. Can you imagine being so hard up that you feel the need to steal from someone mourning the death of a loved one.

So addicted, desperate, and bold enough to commit such a crime. Stealing in general is ridiculous but to think that these people go home and feel good about what they have done. I just feel awful because these people were children once, innocent, like all of us are when we are born. Now look...out stealing from easy targets because they were not brought up to know any better. These people are going to lead very lonely and miserable lives if they do not repent their sins pretty soon.
Just makes me a tid bit sad.....

Flaxie
09-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Poor criminals???
I'm sorry but I do not agree with that. I have seen too many self involved people do terrible things without being "driven" to it. This world lacks empathy. Yes I know that what I just said is an oxymoron. I don't feel for them because they don't feel for others - but I watch these people go through life hurting themselves, everyone who cares for them, and anyone who happens across their path. (like mourners) some sick individuals see a packed parking lot at a church or funeral home as a gold mine or an opportunity to get some quick cash. It's not just the addicts and down trodden that steal!
Sorry had to geet that off my chest :(

girdy
09-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I havent stopped thinking all day just how sad this all is. I feel awful that these people stealing from chruch, funeral home parking lots have such a terrible way of life. Can you imagine being so hard up that you feel the need to steal from someone mourning the death of a loved one.

So addicted, desperate, and bold enough to commit such a crime. Stealing in general is ridiculous but to think that these people go home and feel good about what they have done. I just feel awful because these people were children once, innocent, like all of us are when we are born. Now look...out stealing from easy targets because they were not brought up to know any better. These people are going to lead very lonely and miserable lives if they do not repent their sins pretty soon.
Just makes me a tid bit sad.....

Well, you're entitled to your point of view.

Mine is that they're lazy, contemptable garbage. It's a heck of a lot harder slogging through work, paying taxes, than it is to smash a car window, swipe a stereo, and fence it. This piece of garbage who stole his stereo did it because it was easier than working. Hopefully the next time he pulls this stunt he'll be caught and given the pummelling he deserves.

MezMaRi
09-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Well girdy, everyone has hard times, i have been through hard times and done things I regret. I am not "sorry" for them in the sense that I do not understand that there choices are bad. I feel sorry that there are PEOPLE in this world who could live like the rest of us but Choose not too. People who could have normal lives and stop contributing to petty crime in this country. Thats what I feel sorry for. That people do not see how good life can be without that. I choose not to be sooooooo incredibly harsh, mean, and judgemental like apparently many of you are. You have NO idea what these people are going through and for that I am sorry.

I am human, I make mistakes, just like these people. If you wanna bash these folks than go ahead but your not making the world any better, just pulling us apart!!!

Flaxie
09-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Don't bash them?

These petty criminals are opportunistic and selfish.
And in my opinion to say that we should feel sorry for them enables them.

And please don't assume I do not know what I am talking about. As a young girl I committed more then my share of petty crimes and hurt way too many people. I also have a 14 yr old who is a cleptomaniac. My child whom I love very much is very hurtful to herself, me, her father, and everyone else who cares for her. We spent years enabling her behaviour by making excuses for her and trying to "protect" her. Now she is in a teen treatment center and I pray they can do for her what we could not. Give her strong enough consequences for her actions to affect a change in her behavior and to help her find empathy before it is too late and she has destroyed her future.

MezMaRi
09-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I never once said that what they did wasnt wrong and irresponsible, I am in NO way enabling anyone to do anything. People make bad choices for a number of reasons. Goes back to the old nature versus nuture thing. Did bad behaviour come through heredity or through your envoirment, or maybe both. I dont feel sorry for THEM i feel sorry for all concerned and for the fact that they have no idea what they are doing to their lives.

I also believe that all teens do ridiculous things(sometimes outlandish) but that in the future they will realize with the proper guidance that mistakes are made, and mended.

Every person who steals has a mother, and a father or a family, and all of them have complex lives. Doesnt mean its right, but we are all human!!!! Sorry I cant be negative in regards to this, never thought people would actually respond with stuff like that. We all have our opinions and thats why everyone has their place in this world, not all of us are meant to be social workers but someone should help these people or we are kinda defeating the purpose of life i guess, or so I see it.

commkathy
09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
It's mean and cruel but nothing surprises me nowadays.

andrea
09-09-2007, 06:25 PM
i work in a womans shelter...i deal mainly with addicted woman...this town needs to get methadone for the users out their that are begging for it,,,
right now we have 100 people on the list waiting,,
saint john needs to admit to its drug problem before we have nothing left and have to act like a big city,,with no trusting of any one..:( locks and paddlocks on every thing...

just a few facts...
100 users waiting on the list for meth,,,means 100 people are asking for help and not reciving it
methadone in this city,,cost 7 dollars a pop if u are not on income assistance..
saint john has the highest poverty rate in canada,,,

this by no means gives any one a right to steal,,but ,,,its what some of them have to do to make it..have u ever seen the fever??

and woofer u kno i still prqay for your fam..:) my son has donation jars out at the store again and some one lifted that...:(

The_Dave
09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
People need to stop using the ole drug habit excuse. I for one am SICK of it. Either stop using and abusing or visit the reversing falls bridge!

PS leave your life jacket at home.

Woofer
09-09-2007, 07:15 PM
i work in a womans shelter...i deal mainly with addicted woman...this town needs to get methadone for the users out their that are begging for it,,,
right now we have 100 people on the list waiting,,
saint john needs to admit to its drug problem before we have nothing left and have to act like a big city,,with no trusting of any one..:( locks and paddlocks on every thing...

just a few facts...
100 users waiting on the list for meth,,,means 100 people are asking for help and not reciving it
methadone in this city,,cost 7 dollars a pop if u are not on income assistance..
saint john has the highest poverty rate in canada,,,

this by no means gives any one a right to steal,,but ,,,its what some of them have to do to make it..have u ever seen the fever??

and woofer u kno i still prqay for your fam..:) my son has donation jars out at the store again and some one lifted that...:(

thanks andrea it means alot , and tell your man that i'm glad he made it to the wake, it really meant alot to me. :)

MezMaRi
09-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Dave...im just glad you are not working with the public. I am becoming a social worker for a reason, because of all of us thought like you no one would get help. I worked at AIDS saint john for my co-op placement and I have worked with other organizations in here and Toronto and people deserve the help. Being an addict is an ILLNESS. Methadone has had a long waiting list for 4 years or more...its ridiculous. We are too worried about ourselves and not worried about fixing our city!!!

The_Dave
09-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Dave...im just glad you are not working with the public. I am becoming a social worker for a reason, because of all of us thought like you no one would get help. I worked at AIDS saint john for my co-op placement and I have worked with other organizations in here and Toronto and people deserve the help. Being an addict is an ILLNESS. Methadone has had a long waiting list for 4 years or more...its ridiculous. We are too worried about ourselves and not worried about fixing our city!!!

NOTHING but excuses! It is time people start being responsible for themselves, and helping themselves and stop using the system and what it has to offer.

I wonder what your thoughts will be in 20 years when you are burned out and used up by these very people you are supposedly helping.

Flaxie
09-10-2007, 04:42 PM
I know a social worker in this city who was stabbed by a "troubled" addict as they went to leave their home after a drop in visit.

I also know of a female one who went to visit with a case and was tied up and raped.

You don't hear of these things because everyone wants to hide them and wants to believe that the work being done is working. Well for some yes it helps but others are lost causes.

Personally speaking I agree with the Dave, I think the consequences youth, criminals etc face when doing wrong are not strong enough. I say instead of holding their hand we should be kicking their proverbial A@@!
But then again I am no social worker and pray for the safety of all the brave souls who are.

The_Dave
09-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I know a social worker in this city who was stabbed by a "troubled" addict as they went to leave their home after a drop in visit.

I also know of a female one who went to visit with a case and was tied up and raped.

You don't hear of these things because everyone wants to hide them and wants to believe that the work being done is working. Well for some yes it helps but others are lost causes.

Personally speaking I agree with the Dave, I think the consequences youth, criminals etc face when doing wrong are not strong enough. I say instead of holding their hand we should be kicking their proverbial A@@!
But then again I am no social worker and pray for the safety of all the brave souls who are.

Here here.

Geneva
09-13-2007, 10:51 AM
People need to stop using the ole drug habit excuse. I for one am SICK of it. Either stop using and abusing or visit the reversing falls bridge!

PS leave your life jacket at home.

Cruel, egotistical and self righteous people like yourself expect empathy from others while sitting up on your high horse judging everyone else. Take your own advice and take a ride on the currents without a life jacket. If you should happen to find even a piece of your heart at the bottom of the river you may think about this.... SOME people are not worth saving, but MANY people deserve saving. Before you clump everyone in to a group of good for nothing moochers that have drug problems or other devastating issues in their lives take a second to stop being a whine ass and look at the other side of the coin.

JustWatching
09-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Why do people take things sooooooo personal....facts are facts....if it's about smokers, single parents, welfare, theives, animals or just about any topic...

There are some proven facts about each topic....not opinions...but facts...

Some people can be helped....some can't....but maybe their children could be(if they have kids)....do I think they should take a jump off the bridge...no....but maybe they need to be off the street (so they can't rape/stab the people trying to help)

Mandi
09-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Cruel, egotistical and self righteous people like yourself expect empathy from others while sitting up on your high horse judging everyone else. Take your own advice and take a ride on the currents without a life jacket. If you should happen to find even a piece of your heart at the bottom of the river you may think about this.... SOME people are not worth saving, but MANY people deserve saving. Before you clump everyone in to a group of good for nothing moochers that have drug problems or other devastating issues in their lives take a second to stop being a whine ass and look at the other side of the coin.

Most people knowingly get themselves into drug habits. It's no secret that drugs are addictive, tear families apart, tear people apart, they even kill. Why should anyone feel empathetic towards people who do this to themselves and their family? I do think that if you want to clean yourself up that the help should be readily available, but how many actually want to? There are so many users who are so content ruining everyone around them and unfortunately that number is rising. Kids see their parents doing drugs and instead of thinking 'no way, not me!' they choose it as a way of life. 100 waiting for treatment is a great start but that's only 100 out of how many? And how many start up every day?

NoseToTheGrind
09-13-2007, 11:25 AM
On a personal perspective, I am living with the fact that one of my children is a career criminal, and he's only 21. I agree that the consequences that the youth face in courts today is utterly amazing. They don't care about going to court and facing the charges against them, my own son told me that jail is a "breeze". Maybe if it wasn't such a freakin "breeze on them, maybe they would have a chance in life by learning a lesson or two and NOT want to get into trouble, maybe put a little bit of effort into staying out of trouble. I think, bottom line is the law should crack down on youths, well not just youths...anybody for that matter, people are not afraid of the law here, nor the consequences of their own actions.

Mandi
09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
On a personal perspective, I am living with the fact that one of my children is a career criminal, and he's only 21. I agree that the consequences that the youth face in courts today is utterly amazing. They don't care about going to court and facing the charges against them, my own son told me that jail is a "breeze". Maybe if it wasn't such a freakin "breeze on them, maybe they would have a chance in life by learning a lesson or two and NOT want to get into trouble, maybe put a little bit of effort into staying out of trouble. I think, bottom line is the law should crack down on youths, well not just youths...anybody for that matter, people are not afraid of the law here, nor the consequences of their own actions.

Completely agree! the justice system is severely flawed.

FutureChief88
09-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Again......
Ed So sorry you guys had to go through that!

Everyone.. I think we need to stop looking for ways to get insulted over such stupid things and just offer our condolences to the people who are suffering from a loss..

Woofer
09-13-2007, 01:13 PM
thanks futurechief88 :) its a hard run but we will make it .

The_Dave
09-13-2007, 02:28 PM

If you ONLY really knew me. Do you think I rant and rave about things I know nothing about??? I have been to hell and back. Pulled myself up from the gutter and made something of myself. It is not easy but it can be done. I feel sorry for no one who is not willing to help themselves and continues to use programs and people to mooch. I am sick of people's excuses and people like you who want to coddle and baby the users and abusers. You Bleeding hearts are killing our world.

The_Dave
09-13-2007, 02:30 PM

He is the only one who can help himself.

God Bless You.

suesguy
09-13-2007, 03:06 PM
I have to agree with The Dave on this one. I have seen the stats for addicts on methadone...the success rate is nothing to brag about. Replacing one drug with another is not the answer. Holding thier hand and helping them into programs that are a revolving door are not the answer. I myself have not had a drink or done drugs for 18 years... by my own will. Let them hit rock bottom, either they will come back or stay there...it is the only way. As long we enable them, they will use the system. I have seen it so you can cry "foul" all you want I KNOW it is true

Mandi
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I feel sorry for no one who is not willing to help themselves and continues to use programs and people to mooch. I am sick of people's excuses and people like you who want to coddle and baby the users and abusers. You Bleeding hearts are killing our world.
I quite like you.

andrea
09-13-2007, 04:31 PM
you guys make me want to puke..
helping some one is what you are arguing..
its my job,,its what i do..and i would help even if i wasnt paid for it,,
the watching your own ass doent work..
takes a vilage to raise a child thing does...
woohoo for the people who have quit the dope with no help,,,
i want to die knowing i have helped some one...and improved my world as well as my kids....and if they end up going down that road then i know there is people that is going to help them

The_Dave
09-13-2007, 06:50 PM
you guys make me want to puke..
helping some one is what you are arguing..
its my job,,its what i do..and i would help even if i wasnt paid for it,,
the watching your own ass doent work..
takes a vilage to raise a child thing does...
woohoo for the people who have quit the dope with no help,,,
i want to die knowing i have helped some one...and improved my world as well as my kids....and if they end up going down that road then i know there is people that is going to help them

This could go on forever, but Andrea you need to face reality. God helps those who helps themselves. Until they take that step, no amount of babying and coddling will help. It is a waste of time. Enabling is useless. I respect what you are attempting to do and that is great. I help many organizations and friends, but I will never help someone who does not help themselves first.

The_Dave
09-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I quite like you.

Right back atcha kid.