PDA

View Full Version : Kids Clothes

klhope
09-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Is anyone aware of any place local that sells bigger clothes for kids? After back to school shopping with my daughter the past 2 weeks we have found it hard to find anything to fit properly. Everything is made for tall, skinny kids! Shirts are made to fit tight so you can see everything! Not everyone is built the same.

StephRan
09-04-2007, 06:11 PM
What size?Like a 14-16?

coffeegal
09-04-2007, 06:20 PM
I am not sure about girls clothes, but I have been having problems with clothes for my 12 year old son for the past year or so. He is not 'fat' but he is stocky. Right now, kids clothes are out the window, and I find I have the best luck with mens "loose fit jeans" and "husky fit" items from Sears. Kids are all built different, and it is frustrating when everything is made short, straight and thin. I find its not just the size of the waist, but the build of the pant (slim, classic, baggy, etc..) Don't give up, theres something out there, and hopefully we will find it:D

StephRan
09-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I'd try the Gap in Dieppe. They have up to size 14-16, but their pants come in Slim, Regular, and Plus. So for example, if your daughter needed the waist size of a 16, but length of a 12-14, a 12+ or 14+ might do the trick.

Old Navy and American Eagle sell Ladies clothing in "petite" lenght.

MichelleM
09-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Old Navy has plus for kids online and so does Gap

Deanie
09-04-2007, 07:03 PM
It's not that they are plus size, they're not skinny! I have the same trouble with my daughter, I find Sears have different fits. Wal Mart Jeans have expandable waists so that works out well for her. I agree though, you dont' want a shirt so tight that you can see the dip where her belly button is!

MichelleM
09-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Old Navy has a lot of shirts that are more fitted at the top and flare out from just below the chest. I bought my daughter some for school. She is extremely skinny but I think that they would work well for any size. They are also all on sale. They also have the expandable waste jeans and are also good priced at 2 for $30

sanstu
09-04-2007, 09:57 PM
I found the best fit for jeans was Gap husky, (expandable waist, wash like a dream) Old Navy Husky are also a good fit. I'm not sure if you can get a husky jean for girls. Shopping sure can be tough!!!