PDA

View Full Version : Problems staying logged in- Mozilla Firefox

trinity
09-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I recently had to shut my computer down due to a bad fan and now it won't keep me logged in to sites like here, hotmail, yahoo, ebay, even the freakin weather network etc-all the sites that I normally do not log out of because I am the only person who uses my computer. I have gone in to options and made sure that the boxes about keeping form information and passwords etc are all checked, and the ones about clearing history and personal information on shut down are all unchecked, and still it won't save my data whenever I close Firefox. Some of the time I find it has saved HALF of my email address, like xyz@hotm or just xyz@h , instead of hotmail. The boxes on each site like here, where you can select to save your information/keep me logged in etc are all checked when I exit firefox, and all unchecked if I open it 30 seconds later. It's just getting frustrating, having to re-enter email addresses, passwords, user names etc for ALL the sites I visit. What else could have changed that I should be looking for?

kaj27
09-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Clear/Delete the cookies. Then restart firefox.

trinity
09-03-2007, 11:27 PM
It has to do with my SpySweeper, I went to several online forums and found that there is a conflict between the latest versions of it and Firefox. I turned off the tracking cookie shield, and that worked. I did not have to do that before, it is some new conflict with both the firefox update I installed last month and the Spysweeper automatic update that was just installed a few days ago.