PDA

View Full Version : Amost Hit...again!!!

suesguy
09-03-2007, 02:14 PM
It it just me..is there a curse?

Ok, Ok....I rate myself as a cautious pedestrian...been walking my whole life since I was 1 (45 years now)...but I am getting tired of playing "will I make it" everytime I leave my house, work...where ever. Just went to Tim's on my break and almost got hit twice! The light said walk but drivers think it is ok to make right hand turns while people are half way across. This was at the corner of Chesley Dr and Main St. Here I am hurrying along (wouldn't want to hold up a driver for 15 secs...heaven forbid)when this truck comes flying by in the outer lane, right hand turns down main, all without so much as a glance..
So, I chalk it up an "idiot". Then on the way back..same place...it happens again only in the opposite direction? I look all around..make sure the vehicles are stopped..then here comes a blue Honda blaring music...and goes down Chesley... So, all drivers..please read the below.

The Driver’s Responsibility
As the driver of a vehicle you are required to yield the
right of way to a pedestrian, which includes a person
in a wheelchair, within a marked crosswalk or within
an unmarked crosswalk at the end of a block, except at
intersections where the movement of pedestrian traffic
is being regulated by a peace officer or traffic control
signs.
Whenever a vehicle has stopped at a marked crosswalk
or at an intersection to permit a pedestrian to cross
the roadway it is an offence for the driver of any other
vehicle approaching from the rear to overtake and pass
the stopped

mizunderstood
09-04-2007, 02:17 AM
the intersection by mcdonalds north is a really bad one, I was almost hit with both my kids in their stroller last summer. I got the license plate, reported it to the police and they said they were going to contact the guy, I never heard another word about it... They also said they have had a lot of reports about that corner and were going to put up cameras... I dont know if they ever did, I have not noticed. The best thing u can do is try to get the plates of these animals! IF the police get enough reports about it they may do something.. I personally think that they should have a cop car stationed there at all times, and I am sure it would not be a huge inconvience since timmys is right there! lol.. Just joking to our good boys in blue! But what is it going to take? Does a child have to be killed before something is done??? COME ON PEOPLE! Use your brains first then the gas peddle!

dittydottie
09-04-2007, 08:51 AM
I know another bad place to cross is is behind Parkway Mall going over to McAllister Mall(by value village).More than once I have had close calls.I get a walk light and at the same time the cars trying to turn left or right from McAllister Mall,and cars turning left or right from Parkway Mall also get the green light .Both change at the same time.

lizard_lover
09-04-2007, 09:32 AM
I hate Lancaster ave. lower west side where it meets duke st.? Not sure if it is duke...but maybe you know where I mean...and by olsens too...I have been almost hit sooo many times...and a couple of days ago when it was raining and I was walking...do you think anyone stopped at the cross walk WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO to let me walk across? Of course not...I feel better now :)