PDA

View Full Version : So many recalls......

leeleemom
09-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I am beginning to wonder with all of the recalls that have been happening lately, what to do. the scary thing is that the recalls are not just limited to one or two companies. How are we as parents supposed to deal with this? How is this happening? Have the testing and safety standards changed? This shouldn't be happening so much in this day in age!

suesguy
09-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Probably has to do with where they are made. Remember, if something is made in China, Taiwan, Japan...etc..it is most likely made to that countries standards and to meet "minimum" CSA standards...which is just that...minimum. Also, there are companies that cut a lot of corners in the name of the mighty dollar.

kaj27
09-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Japan usually makes better products than North America.

suesguy
09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
My point is they are made to pass OUR minimum requirements. Oh, and all companies will cut corners wherever they can..a good example is some plastics (and metals) do not recycle well and have specific guidelines for what they can be re-used for. But, if it is $ 100 less per ton...what do you think companies will do? Pay the higher rate at over a million tons per annum? Same goes for parts or components..pay for the higher grade materials and manufacture or lower grade and cheap labour? Hense, we get buckles that break or snaps that wont snap, zippers that won't stay zippered...the list goes on.

mizunderstood
09-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I am begining to think we should all just put our kids in bubbles and not let them touch, eat or breath anything that is not a natural thing. LOL

mommyd
09-05-2007, 10:45 AM
I am begining to think we should all just put our kids in bubbles and not let them touch, eat or breath anything that is not a natural thing. LOL

what u gonna make the bubble out of tho if we can't use plastic? :P

lizard_lover
09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
lol that was too cute...it is scary though, really makes you think about what we eat and use...remember, they only tell us what they want...they could be physically changing our bodies and those of our offspring....like the power plants...probably biologically changing the way we breathe, but we will never know, will we?

mizunderstood
09-05-2007, 11:21 AM
your right mommyd the plastic would need to be replaced every 5-6 years lol..

mommyd
09-05-2007, 01:39 PM
heheheh

your right mommyd the plastic would need to be replaced every 5-6 years lol..