PDA

View Full Version : Fruit/berries grown locally?

Cartersmom
09-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Is the Saint John location conducive to growing any edible fruit?? I would love to know if anyone has gotten lucky with any kind of fruit trees, or berries? I don't have a ton of space but I know nothing about gardening and I think it would be cool to have some fruit trees, if they grow around here :)

puppyluv
09-03-2007, 01:11 PM
what I do know for sure if strawberries seem to grow easily...and we actually have a cherry tree we planted 2 years ago here and it is flourishing.

Sabie
09-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Can you buy cherrie trees some were? I have been noticing more and more of these trees around and I would like to get one.

puppyluv
09-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Brunswick Nurseries "o)

Misty589
09-03-2007, 09:17 PM
apple trees do well, my neighbors get hundredds and hundreds of apples off of their one tree every year.
not a fruit tree but our tomatoes did freakishly well this year and we put them in late too!
then there are strawberry, blueberries, raspberries etc

Cartersmom
09-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Are the cherries edible? or quite tart?
I will probably have to go with a tree as we don't have a lot of property to have blueberries or raspberries. Unfortuntely we do have wild strawberry plants in the backyard that are impossible to kill..and they are taking over the yard..