PDA

View Full Version : help with baby

smith
08-31-2007, 06:03 PM
is it normal for a baby to be stugglin to breath and turn blue in the face?my doctor says it is but not sure she said if my apartment is too hot that it's normal for him to do that but i don't think it is.

sarahnb
08-31-2007, 06:08 PM
No. See another doctor.

melissaanne
08-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah my thoughts exactly! I wouldn't think it's normal to turn blue in the face. See another Doc asap!!!

AreWeThereYetMom
08-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Call Telecare - 1-800-244-8353 and speak to a nurse or go to the hospital if you are concerned.

kimbey76
08-31-2007, 07:17 PM
sheesh, sounds like we have the same family dr haha, definately sounds like you should get another opinion

dittydottie
08-31-2007, 07:49 PM
call telecare right away.If this happens when your child is awake who says it won't happen when they are asleep.

macjc
08-31-2007, 08:58 PM
is it normal for a baby to be stugglin to breath and turn blue in the face?my doctor says it is but not sure she said if my apartment is too hot that it's normal for him to do that but i don't think it is.

I know if my kid turned blue, we would be at hospital. My daughter fainted when she was around 1, and doctor told me that i should have responded to hospital. get it checked out asap. by brother is a respiratory therapist at the hospital, he sais go seek professional help.

andrea
08-31-2007, 09:03 PM
when the babys mouth and inside of his/her mouth is no longer pink then he is below 85% o2,,,he needs to bee seen by doc asap...a baby will start to lose brain function every second after that....
my son is on home o2 ,,no reason for baby to be struggling for breath,,and changing colors...none at all,,go to new doc or er
always go with your gut feeling ...

Pumpkin
09-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I would definately see another doctor!

My daughter has suffered from Incopresis since she started solids.(incopresis is when they cannot have regular bowel monements, come out large and hard and very irregularly.) I have sought help in the matter constantly ever since it began and no help. I was even told by a doc at the out-patient once, that it is normal for some people to go once every two weeks. WHAT A CROCK!! That is NOT normal. and No one seems to be able to help or want to!! She still goes once every week - 2 weeks and she is now 8. It started when she was still a baby.And because of it she now has phobias about going to the toilet!

so, DEFINATELY get a second opinion and third or fourth if you feel the need to. It is your child and you should know what is normal and what is not!! Don't let them give you run around answers! Seek help until you get it, and I hope your search turns up someone helpful because my search turned up nothing!!! Doctors are not what they should be these days. They only care about the money going into their pockets and not about the patients and shall I say there may be some docs out there who still care about the people but I have yet to find one!!

andrea
09-12-2007, 05:49 PM
dr ALEXANDER DOES.