PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to stop buying toys for our children?

mommyd
08-30-2007, 12:02 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/30/news/companies/crayon_recall/index.htm?cnn=yes

Tammy C
08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
As consumers, we need to call these companies and voice our opinions LOUD and CLEAR. There is no reason for these events to continue to happen. We are talking about children's toys for gods sake. Ridiculous that the government has been allowing these unfortunate events to happen to children. Where are the laws to protect the innocent?????

FutureChief88
08-30-2007, 03:29 PM
What i dont understand how it is possible, that Nowadays.. this can still be happening?!?!

kaj27
08-30-2007, 04:39 PM
What i dont understand how it is possible, that Nowadays.. this can still be happening?!?!

How is it not hard to understand?

Price of outsourcing your producing is very cost effective. Quality control is a bit of an issue. But that's China for ya!

FutureChief88
09-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Its hard to understand for me.. because the toys are for a CHILD.. and i understand the whole cost effective.. china.. blah blah blah.. But then they should start making this stuff where it IS controlled. There has been so many childrens things recalled lately.. I am almost scared to buy my daughter anything.

Flaxie
09-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Its hard to understand for me.. because the toys are for a CHILD.. and i understand the whole cost effective.. china.. blah blah blah.. But then they should start making this stuff where it IS controlled. There has been so many childrens things recalled lately.. I am almost scared to buy my daughter anything.

All toys ect are labeled as to where they are made.
If we don't want our children's toys made in China then don't by toys made there. Better yet, stick to made in Canada toys and support our economy. Yes that does mean that the latest gizmo or gadget will not end up in your child's toy box but then you don't have to worry about lead or other toxins ending up in their toy box as much either.