PDA

View Full Version : looking for...

LiLLY
08-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me how I can look up obtiuaries. I am looking for my bilogical grandfathers obtiuarie ( he died march 2005). I had it saved on my computer but must have accidentaly deleted it and now can't find it. Thanks

scribe
08-27-2007, 08:11 PM
hi Lilly, the easiest way is to go to the Funeral Home site online (that is, if you remember which funeral home), and search their obituaries. If you are a subscriber to the Telegraph Journal, you can access it from their archives, but you pay a fee. The third way is to go to the local library (if you are in New Brunswick) and search the March 2005 Telegraph Journal obituaries manually, and then photocopy the obit. Good luck.

missy311
08-28-2007, 11:49 AM
I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me how I can look up obtiuaries. I am looking for my bilogical grandfathers obtiuarie ( he died march 2005). I had it saved on my computer but must have accidentaly deleted it and now can't find it. Thanks

Hi, do you happen to know the funeral home where he was laid out at??? Most of them have the obituaries on there and you can print it off which would be a good idea if you want to have it as a keep sake.
Missy311

LiLLY
08-28-2007, 04:41 PM
No I don't, I actually never knew him or anyone from the family not even sure if they know about me. I just wanted becasue it has my bilogical fathers name and all the brothers and sisters.

fullprop
08-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Try doing a google search of the name with obituary, might have something on there.

scribe
08-29-2007, 10:04 PM
hi, what was his name, and when did he die? Do you know which city? I may find it for you.

LiLLY
08-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Doug Mckinney, I know he died March 2005 I do not know the date and he died here in Saint John. Thanks

scribe
08-30-2007, 11:11 AM
hi, I just checked Brenans and Castle funeral homes. He wasn't buried from either of those 2 locations - unless you have spelled the last name incorrectly. Was he Roman Catholic? I will check further this afternoon.

scribe
08-30-2007, 12:07 PM
hi Lilly:

I have just checked Cavanagh and Fitzpatrick's Funeral homes....they do not have a listing for his burial in 2005.... and that's all of the funeral homes... I have not checked the cemetery companies....you should called Cedar Hill and Fernhill and St. Josephs, they are all listed under Cemetery in the yellow pages.

Could the last name be spelled differently from McKinney?

missy311
08-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi Lilly,
I checked Brenan's Funeral Home and there is a Douglas Gordon McKinney who passed away on March 6, 2005. You can go to the website, www.brenansfh.com (http://www.brenansfh.com) and check obituaries, then scroll down to the bottom and put that information in and it will bring it up , there is a picture of him on the obit. Hope this is the one you are looking for. Print it off so you will have it in paper form just in case your computer crashes on you.
Linda (missy311)

LiLLY
09-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Thank you very much everyone I found it.