PDA

View Full Version : Johnson's bedtime lotion

cuddles2007
08-21-2007, 07:04 PM
has anyone used this on thier child? its says it's proven to help your baby fall asleep easier and sleep through the night better. does it work? it doesnt seem that safe to me something that helps the baby fall asleep . im one of thoes over protective parents.lol .

lizard_lover
08-21-2007, 07:15 PM
lol anything that does something like that is not safe by me...

MichelleM
08-21-2007, 07:18 PM
I used it and didn't notice any difference.

t_s_cb
08-21-2007, 07:27 PM
i used it and i found it helped a lot..but i used the bedtime bath wash too..

JulieHebert
08-22-2007, 12:24 AM
has anyone used this on thier child? its says it's proven to help your baby fall asleep easier and sleep through the night better. does it work? it doesnt seem that safe to me something that helps the baby fall asleep . im one of thoes over protective parents.lol .

I have used on both my kids( 5 year old and 7 week old) and didn't notice a difference but I love the smell of it. And it keeps their skin really soft

puppyluv
08-22-2007, 05:19 AM
i think the scent is lavendar isnt it? that is supposed to help a person sleep.."supposed and does..maybe 2 diff things if it doesnt smell good to them"

MichelleM
08-22-2007, 07:18 AM
I think it is supposed to be about more of the smell and the routine on how it calms them down, not that it has something in it that will make your child sleep.

Corinne
08-22-2007, 10:00 AM
I personally found the scent a little to strong to use on my little one. I try to stay away from the heavily scented stuff.

t_s_cb
08-22-2007, 10:02 AM
I think it is supposed to be about more of the smell and the routine on how it calms them down, not that it has something in it that will make your child sleep.

i agree..see i bath my daughter in the mornings and evenings..and i use different body wash in the morning..then when i use the bedtime stuff she knows by routine that bedtime's coming and it's time to calm down and relax

lizard_lover
08-22-2007, 04:07 PM
that is right....go the old fashioned way, routine...props to you t s cb...(not saying the rest of you are doing anything wrong lol don't worry) I am just tired of companies trying to find ways to make our lives "easier" while in the meantime, the new stuff in lotions, food, etc...is biologically changing our bodies..."I do not have to change you, just your kids"! (not me literally...just the comment in general) lol sorry...my big rant of the day

MezMaRi
08-22-2007, 06:22 PM
That lotion is wonderful. Is it green and smells like vicks almost. When my daughter was little I used it often and it kept her skin nice and soft and made her smell nice too (not that baby smell isnt great). I would recommend it as it is sort of like vicks in the fact that it helps you breath easier

t_s_cb
08-22-2007, 07:51 PM
That lotion is wonderful. Is it green and smells like vicks almost. When my daughter was little I used it often and it kept her skin nice and soft and made her smell nice too (not that baby smell isnt great). I would recommend it as it is sort of like vicks in the fact that it helps you breath easier

it's actually in a purple bottle..the green stuff's soothing vapor..

MichelleM
08-22-2007, 08:03 PM
I have also used the green stuff and I find that is really good. You only need a little and it really helped my son when he was sick.

cuddles2007
08-23-2007, 01:41 PM
i bought it.. and i find it works !

kimbey76
08-24-2007, 07:08 PM
i find this does help relax baby or child and help them sleep, there isnt any chemical in it making them fall asleep like a sleeping pill so dont worry, its just aromatherapy... also if you think about it a nice bath and massage usually helps me fall asleep too lol
the menthol stuff is awesome too since you cant use vicks or cough meds on a child under 2 a nice menthol bath, some infant tylenol if needed and some of the menthol cream can provide some relief to a younger child who has the sniffles, i love these products and have used them on all three of my kids

adorabull
10-14-2007, 08:24 PM
i find this does help relax baby or child and help them sleep, there isnt any chemical in it making them fall asleep like a sleeping pill so dont worry, its just aromatherapy... also if you think about it a nice bath and massage usually helps me fall asleep too lol
the menthol stuff is awesome too since you cant use vicks or cough meds on a child under 2 a nice menthol bath, some infant tylenol if needed and some of the menthol cream can provide some relief to a younger child who has the sniffles, i love these products and have used them on all three of my kids

Is there even real lavender in it? look on the back, if there is anything that says lavandula. I cant see it, im an aromatherapist by trade. and the actual ammount of an actual essential oil you can use on a baby is like, 1 drop to 20mls of base. lavendar works well, but chamomille works better for babys, can actually be over stimulating (strong smell) I believe its german chamomille, there is roman as well, but been awhile since I worked with either one. :0) hope this helps (oh if it says on the ingredients list "french lavender" forget the latin name, its a cheap form or lavendar, kinda like the kellys wine of alcohols :0P:rofl:

hope this was of some use!