PDA

View Full Version : local opinion on wedding receptions

beachnut
08-20-2007, 08:16 PM
looking for opinions on wedding receptions/dances.
Which would you be more inclined to expect at a friend's or family member's wedding regarding bars at the reception/dance
An open bar
Or
A cash bar
Opinions and reasons apprecciated :)
Thanks

MrsBeasley
08-20-2007, 08:30 PM
I would expect a cash bar (most common).

Some people (those who can afford it) have an open bar for a certain period of time say an hour or two then it changes to a cash bar.

dan j
08-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Or, provide a particular amount of drink tickets (and some cab vouchers) that way you know exactly how much to budget.

leeleemom
08-20-2007, 10:54 PM
looking for opinions on wedding receptions/dances.
Which would you be more inclined to expect at a friend's or family member's wedding regarding bars at the reception/dance
An open bar
Or
A cash bar
Opinions and reasons apprecciated :)
Thanks

Cash bar for sure! I have never been to a wedding that offered free booze....I would never expect it. Weddings are expensive enough.

kaj27
08-20-2007, 11:09 PM
I've been to a few weddings and I really enjoy the ones where everyone gets one drink....then you pay.

I myself will probably offer open bar.

sanstu
08-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Have wine with meal, and have cash bar @ the dance.

The_Dave
08-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I have lived in Ontario and if you dared NOT have an open bar, well people just looked down their noses at you. It should not matter what you think people would expect. It should be about what you and your future companion can afford. Don't go into debt for a wedding only you 2 will/might remember. Weddings today are just outrageous. Everyone thinking they need to have one like the movie stars. They will spend so much money, but they could have put that towards a down payment for a home or their future children's education. Also with over a 50% divorce rate. Man that is alot of bucks for something that has a good chance of not working out. Good Luck

The_Dave
08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I've been to a few weddings and I really enjoy the ones where everyone gets one drink....then you pay.

I myself will probably offer open bar.

If that is the case, we all want an invite, cause us Saint Johners love free booze.