PDA

View Full Version : Paying to play Tennis in Hampton?!?!?!?

Vix
08-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey SJ, I'm a bit disappointed and upset. I usually spend my weekends in Hampton and like to play the odd game of Tennis and teach my daughter as well as get some exercise, so I thought I'd head down to the Tennis courts down at the Hampton High school thinking they were public courts, but as it turns out there is a $5 cover to use the courts, no matter if your there for 5 minutes or 5 hours; so we paid the $5 & played just because we didn't want to head all the way into saint john just for a couple hours on the court. I know I won't be using it again just for that reason....I know Hampton is a small town but why charge people so they can enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise, the soccor and baseball field are free why can't the tennis courts be free as well???

Just needed to vent everyone....sorry :|

Vix

stripekv
08-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Actually ... the baseball and soccer fields are not free. The people that sign up to play in the leagues pay for those fields.

There may not be enough participants in the tennis league in Hampton (if they even have one) to cover the expenses of the tennis court, so they charge the $5.

Vix
08-20-2007, 05:24 PM
I suppose your right where there aren't enough people interested in playing tennis in that area. If I move out there I may have to see about a membership I guess... :(

The_Dave
08-21-2007, 06:02 PM
These courts and fields and the School at which they are located were paid for by your tax dollars. I would be upset also. Shamrock Park doesn't charge and I know of no other tennis courts that do in the Saint John and surrounding area. Sounds like a cash grab to me.

sensfan009
08-24-2007, 01:13 PM
the courts in hampton are part of the tennis nb circuit and there are lessons and employees there most of the day, rothesay is the same, but i know hampton isnt as good looking, but still i guess they need the money to pay for the tournaments they have there. If your looking for free courts there are some behind kv high school and there are 3 new ones at the Gondola Point Rec Center in Quispamsis.