PDA

View Full Version : Urination issues with small breed dog

lissa
08-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi;

I am taking my 4 year old pug to the vet this evening as she has been urinating frequently in inappropriate places - her bed, the couch, on me.... It is almost as though she is completely unaware she is doing it. There have been no changes in her behaviour- she is still as active and crazy as she always has been. Last night, she was asleep beside me on the couch and she just let it fly. I of course was soaked, but she didn't even wake up! WE cleaned her up and let her out to pee (she went outside), and about 5 minutes later, she jumped from the couch, and she dribbled again! When we got her, she was 2 and not house trained, so we had to crate train her, and since then, she has rarely had an accident, so its strange that she is doing this now. I am attempting to get a urine sample before going in. I hate to think at 4 she is showing signs of incontinence, but stranger things have happened. There is no blood in the urine, and when we go for our evening walks, she pees without straining. She does not appear to be in pain, but of course, being my baby, I am concerned. Has anyone else experienced this? Again, she is going to the vet this evening.

Atchbe
08-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Try to get a first morning void to take into the vet. You will know better what you are dealing with - if it's a UTI or incontinence.