PDA

View Full Version : High School Registration

bmxking
08-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I just moved to Saint John and I need to register for School. I would like to get into Saint John High School i however have no clew ware to go to register. Could someone please help me? asap?

mizunderstood
08-04-2007, 11:21 PM
AS far as I know it is all zoned now.. those that live in the uptown area go to the uptown schools etc. To register call the school and they can tell u exactly what u need to do to register. Hope that helps and welcome to Saint John!

All you need is love
08-11-2007, 10:20 PM
It is zoned, this is true, but there are also a lot of kids that end up going to SJHS and St Malachy's in particular from all over the city (because there wouldn't be enough in the central area to fill up both schools). In fact, I know a lot of kids who should be in District 6 that go to SJHS but if they register for IB classes they can come to SJHS.

If you just moved here, it shouldn't be an issue at all, especially if they're going into grade 9 because we don't have as many grade 9s as we have in the past.

Call the school the end of August (there won't be anyone there for at least another week or two I'd imagine), and you should have no trouble transferring. That's how my friend from Simonds got in to SJHS a couple years ago, despite the fact my grade was packed to the seams full. You can find any contact info you need on www.sjhigh.ca.

Good luck :) let us know how it goes for you!

bmxking
08-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Well ppl as far as i know i am in and im going into gr 11 i need to go in for a meeting on the 28th

All you need is love
08-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Haha obviously I didn't read your post fully because I thought I read that your child was going to SJHS, lol, sorry that my post was worded weirdly.

But congrats on getting in! :) I hope you like SJHS. If you have any questions about it, just send me a message.

All you need is love
08-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Ohh and if you've already gotten registered at SJHS, you can go to sjhigh.ca and find out what homeroom to go to on the first day. :) It's a neat little tool, I think.