PDA

View Full Version : Stop

Shopkins
08-04-2007, 10:24 AM
I have no further questions, just a request for others to only provide facts not rumors and made up crap.

Thank you

stripekv
08-04-2007, 11:09 AM
I heard that a woman jumped from the bridge yesterday, however i haven't heard anything more. Does anyone have any information?

That's all I heard, that a pregnant lady jumped off the (Reversing Falls, I thought) bridge, and they rescued her from the water, loaded her into an ambulance and took her off to the hospital.

babydollbrat
08-04-2007, 11:38 AM
From the CHSJ website:
(sorry about all the caps but that's the way they write it :(

[WATER RESCUE]
AUG3/07/5:37PM

ONE WOMAN HAS BEEN TAKEN TO HOSPITAL FOLLOWING A RESCUE MISSION IN THE REVERSING FALLS THIS AFTERNOON. SHE APPARENTLY JUMPED OFF THE BRIDGE AROUND 3PM BUT WAS PULLED FROM TEH WATERS BY RESCUE BOATS. PARAMEDICS PERFORMED CPR ON THE WOMAN BEFORE SHE WAS TAKEN TO HOSPITAL BY AMBULANCE. NO WORD ON HER CONDITION.

TRAFFIC ALL THE WAY TO SIMMS CORNER HAD BEEN DISRUPTED BY THE NUMBER OF POLICE, FIRE AND AMBULANCE VEHICLES IN THE AREA.

dolphins#1
08-04-2007, 01:52 PM
did anyone here anymore about the jump or is it under closed doors?
I have tried and can not find anything i hope she is alright and the baby:(

sarahnb
08-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Lets be respectful. If it isn't your business, leave it alone.

dolphins#1
08-04-2007, 03:52 PM
well pardon me for asking a question

harbourchick07
08-04-2007, 04:41 PM
ok, i have seen to much of this happening, so i want to say this before it gets out of control.

lets all take a big breath, and say that we are not going to start writing stuff by hear say. Lets all read the paper, watch the news and listen to the radio, and that will tell you everything to date so far.

It is better then having a big uproar, and if that persons family is on here, i think it would be of great respect not to upset them. I think everyone can agree on this one.

dittydottie
08-04-2007, 07:45 PM
I agree 100% let it be please before someone gets hurt over the possibilty of things being said not be correct.

dittydottie
08-04-2007, 07:50 PM
It is just being asked that people wait until they get all the facts right. Not to have people guessing or rumoring about it.

admin
08-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Some of you people are nuts. It's a SAINT JOHN site for LOCAL ISSUES. Why the hell can't we talk about them without someone saying "Mind your own business"?? If that's the case, why have this forum??

As a general note to people wondering the same as the above: There are limits on what we allow, due to the reasons a couple of people mentioned above.

These types of issues were discussed in an earlier thread (http://www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds/showthread.php?p=89613), and "girdy" made some good points that describe the limits:

"Speculative gossip about significant matters is a bad thing. What needs to happen when there are life and death, family sensitive issues going on is:

1. it must be done in a manner respectful to the family involved - i.e. the full family must be informed, because the grief of the family will temporarily supercede your immediate right to know, and
2. the information reported needs to be accurate.

I saw some of the thread, and the problems with it included:

1. comments about age, sex, relationship of who was involved to the point that the family might have been in the position of finding out through un-official channels of a tragic event,
2. the wrong family could have heard something through unofficial channels!,
3. gossip about the circumstances involved, and since the gossip kept changing, some of it was apparently inaccurate,
4. inappropriately timed comments about the circumstances - and some of the comments were about potentially inaccurate pieces of information.

You have a right to know - but at the correct time, and with the accurate details. Neither was happening in the thread."

Those types of things haven't happened in this thread, but the above are good guidelines regarding what can and can't be posted.

megz
08-05-2007, 04:16 AM
Lets be respectful. If it isn't your business, leave it alone.

Exactly... and for the record... she was not pregnant
thank u very much.

MezMaRi
08-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Well our prayers are with her family. Obviously the person in question was very troubled to feel they needed to try and end their life in such a way. Lets just hope she gets the medical help, and mental help she needs to recover from such a thing. I mean clearly some people have said some things in the past that could be deemed inappropriate but this all goes back to Saint John being overpopulated with whiners, comlainers, and gossipers.

megz
08-05-2007, 03:48 PM
she died and i dont know why everyones hearing shes alive or pregnant, it was my friends moms friend

christine chittick
08-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Sorry to hear that Megz. :(

dittydottie
08-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear it also. Maybe this will make people realize that when rumors start ,most times they all come out false!!! Why not wait and comment once you get the full facts.

harbourchick07
08-06-2007, 10:51 PM
the lady who died lived by me :( i know her dad well...he is friends with my gramp, Everyone in the harbour is sadden and sending Garnie and Pat cards and gifts...

The_Dave
08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Which Harbour?? Beaver Harbour, Chance Harbour, Dipper harbour??? Etc.

omyindeed
08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
chance

harbourchick07
08-08-2007, 11:22 PM
yeah chance harbour, its a sad time, but everyone is getting on with everything know, everyone is doing good.

smith
08-09-2007, 05:12 PM
just to let everybody know it was a cousant of mine that jump off the bridge

dittydottie
08-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Sorry to hear that. I am sure you do not like seeing things wrote before all the facts are known.It must be hard enough dealing with the truth of it all than having to deal with the false rumors.
Hope all is well with everyone as they get through this difficult time.

cornerofeden
08-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Shawn was a sister of my friend Pam. She was one of the nicest people you would want to know. She just had problems which were on going for years and she always got through it, but I guess she got tired of the fight. I still can't believe she's gone. Her parents has suffered a lot of heartache and they are the ones who could use your prayers. This is their third child who has died.

smith
08-12-2007, 10:00 AM
as of right now i'm on meds for depression . alot of people in my family have commited suicide