PDA

View Full Version : Camera shopping..any input would be appreciated

magoosmomma
07-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I have been thinking and researching the fujifinepix s700

anyone have it??

AaRdVark
07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
depending on your needs, but any of the Nikon D40's are good cameras-many features and the price range is good

kaj27
07-31-2007, 10:48 AM
The S700 is a nice camera. Little slow for trying to be like a SLR but it gets the job done.

Loads of zoom and features. But it eats batteries. We used 2700mAH and it still ate em.

I use to sell Fuji Cameras. Never had one come back. Steer clear of Sony. They have been having quality control issues lately.

mizunderstood
07-31-2007, 06:31 PM
personally I like HP cameras. They seem to work the best, have the best features and are the easiest to use. (my opinion)

ilvrotties
07-31-2007, 08:16 PM
go to epinions.com and select the camera you are looking at buying and it will give you all the consumer rating and opinions on that product. I find this is great. good luck and i hope you enjoy your new purchase.

low
07-31-2007, 11:21 PM
The s700! nice 10x optical zoooooom cammy !
I have been eagerly looking at that as well...but I hear it is rather counter intuitive to use because of some of the button's layouts..., and the fact that it is not usb2 compatible? I guess that means you cannot load photos into the computer quickly?I like a fixed lenses though, because if you mess up and push against them by accident, you won't frig up a 'telescoping' lens mechanism. The display on the back of that camera is fantastic looking, with a finely hi def screen and a complexly detailed lcd view finder, Plus you can choose 2 different types of mem cards,,,cool and for the 299$ in price!... Plus you get a solid 3 yr parts AND labour warranty on the bleedin' thing.'Phew',,,that is a wicked good bargain....if even for monetary reasons LOL....You know that this particular Fuji replaces the S5200, is it? and that was only a 5 mega pixel camera, and last year it was like 500$ smackers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
~~Another good looker, if a bit more money, is the carl zeiss equipped
Sony CyberShot DSCH7 8.1MP(15xoptical zoom)....and that is with a Carl Zeiss lens, which I garner is s'posed to allow more light in, which is critical! That looks cool and hot at the same time!
The ISO sensitivity goes to a nosebleed height of 3200. That being said..Hey Kaj27!! What do you think of this hot shot Sony? Is it quick? looks real smooth to me, but I might just chicken out and get the s700.....at around 500$ clams, it's a might rich...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Panasonic Lumix DMCLZ7S, (299$)is a nice camera, 6x optical zoom. and fits in the shirt pocket....ya gotta love that. but again with the 'telescoping' lens, and the potential problems inherent in that.....but if you're not a clumsy 'eejit" like myself, then great, I think it is the winner, with its fast usb2 port loading, and , and, and .....no I want all the Fuji goodies for 299$ as well.......it IS a tough call, innit?

magoosmomma
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
see I thanks everyone

I am going with the Fuji..lol I went to the store and handled it LOVEEEEEE that camera..