PDA

View Full Version : Training and fighting

friskytigress
07-29-2007, 01:48 PM
i own 2 pugs. First one Gem i got as a baby and never had a days trouble with her besides the normal things i guess that you can expect. She didn't have a mean bone in her body. I about 3 months ago got another pug which i got off of here so gem would not be lonely because she loved playing with the puppy next door and got along great with her. The new pug (who is 3)for some reason has alot of accidents we even tried taking her for walks with the other puppy to teach her,made alittle place on the pourch for them to do there duty but as soon as she comes in she does her mess in here?i am looking for ideals on this because of her age and all?

The second is the puppies hate eachother why? we make sure for their treats that they both see they each get one at the same time but than 2 seconds later their fighting once til blood came?please don't miss understand this either 1 is violent and LOVE and ADORE everyone but eachother?it's so funny how much they dislike each other and we play fair attention for both? i just really need some advice because i am scared they will hurt each other? thank alot for any help:confused:

Atchbe
07-30-2007, 10:39 AM
First a Vet visit is in order to rule out urinary tract infections etc. Then proper house breaking training is in order. Read this link
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1548&articleid=157

Not all dogs love each other, the first thing I impliment in my multie dog household is the NILIF policy.
http://www.bichonfriseusa.com/articles/debniliftips.htm

When dogs have rules they know what is expected. Take note of the key times that the fights start as well. Is it during feeding time? if so feed in seperate areas. Do fights begin when being made of? if so make sure you teach a default behavior so the dogs will not be confused and become competitive. It may be a good idea to establish rules and training before offering treats in front of each other. I would also limit valuable resources such as toys etc to their individual crates or areas. Watch for what triggers these fights.

I would also make an appointment to see either Ann Savoy or the other animal behaviorist (sorry I forgot his name :)) to have the situation evaluated.

I have 2 male dogs that hated each other and at first when rescued they had major fights. I made the household structured and everything was calm it took a few months and now they get along great.

friskytigress
07-30-2007, 01:32 PM
thank you very much!!This is really great information:D i did have her to the vet they said her health was great and they said she may be reacting to the changes in her life??but it's been a few month i really need to take charge of this;) I am going to try some of the information you sent ;)