PDA

View Full Version : heart dye test

toodles
07-29-2007, 10:03 AM
does anyone know about this, i just found out friday that i have a blockage doc says a small one. but wants me to go for the dye test..

christine chittick
07-29-2007, 05:37 PM
a few of my family members (ex husband included) had this done. Its not really all that bad at all. From my understanding of their explanation was they gave you an IV and put the dye in...They said that you will have a warm feeling through your body. Hope that helps somewhat.

The_Dave
07-30-2007, 07:06 PM
I have had one done for an MRI, it was no big deal and it was a warm fuzzy feeling, thought I might have to pee though.

toodles
08-03-2007, 06:06 PM
lols thanks guys,, but what i found out this week is they either go throuh your groin, or in your wrist,up through you arm..I am afraid of the angioplasty, althought it would be better than open heart surgery...

babydollbrat
08-03-2007, 08:26 PM
That's exactly what they do toodles.
Been there done that!
Good luck.

Rick
08-04-2007, 07:33 AM
i have had the angioplasty done three times most recently in Easter in New York City where i had a heart attack. It sounds much worse then what it is you are awake thru the procedure. I had it done thru groin and wrist both and i think the wrist is the best way to have it done..
Best of luck

Suzanne
08-04-2007, 08:01 AM
My hubby has had both done........He had open heart and 9 months later angioplasty........Believe me the latter was definelty the easier.........and the dye test -- his was done in the groin and he said not bad at all, but do feel like you have to pee........Hope this helps and good luck.......The Heart Center here is second to NONE!!! They are AWESOME!

toodles
08-06-2007, 07:34 PM
thank you everyone,,i feel a little better now,, i have beaten cancer , so i guess i can beat this too,, thanks for your support..