PDA

View Full Version : Floods!?

RobinHood
07-29-2007, 05:53 AM
Does SJ or the KV ever flood badly? Large parts of the UK are under water at the moment - including parts near me. Are there any areas to avoid when purchasing a house (I'd hate to buy a house in a vulnerable area). We are certainly getting some strange weather at the moment (although I have to say I'm not convinced the change is man made).

Cheers chaps and chap-esses.

MrsBeasley
07-29-2007, 07:10 AM
KV has not been known to flood that I'm aware of and I've lived here for 30 plus years. Except in West Beach Estates on Beach Drive the waterfront houses got sewage backed up into their basements once years ago.

The only spot in the city I know of that has a history of flooding in the Glen Falls area (off Rothesay Avenue) and McAllister Drive area (near the malls).

You never know though Nature may always change her mind.

sanstu
07-29-2007, 08:32 AM
The road leading to Darlings Island is prone to flooding each spring. Also there is an area on the west side of the city ( Honeysuckle Dr. area), I believe homeowners there were experiencing some water issues. Not sure if the problem was ever corrected.

MezMaRi
07-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Whoever mentioned that glen falls has a problem with flooding that is very true. Its never anything CRAZY but it often leads roads closed and people under a foot of water. Funny thing is our main drag on the east side Rothesay Avenue used to flood terribly but they have since fixed the road.

notfarnow
07-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Whoever mentioned that glen falls has a problem with flooding that is very true. Its never anything CRAZY but it often leads roads closed and people under a foot of water. Funny thing is our main drag on the east side Rothesay Avenue used to flood terribly but they have since fixed the road.

Funny what happens when you build in a swamp, eh?