PDA

View Full Version : Any Ferret owners out there?

tashley
07-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Hello,
I was hoping to chat with some other ferret owners. Perhaps chat about strange things the little fur-monsters have gotten themselves into, games to play with them, etc.

mattpage84
07-28-2007, 10:42 PM
the best person i can think of for anything ferret related would be a guy named chet in the pet store in lancaster mall over west, when they have them in the store he takes em out back on the hill to play and everything

andrea
07-29-2007, 07:39 AM
hes ma cuz lol
i had a ferret,..mine loved to swim in the pool with the kids and climb on their pool noodles lol

Eric
08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi I have 2 ferrets and love them both to death. If you have any questions, fell free to email me at eric.cyr@xerox.com

lizard_lover
08-07-2007, 03:20 PM
chet...yeah, my bf works with chet (curtis)...he actually informed me today that chet also likes to play and have his way with the degus :) lol chet is awesome, does have a couple of ferrets (among with who knows what else at his house) lol but yeah, he knows almost everything there is to know about animals!

harbourchick07
08-08-2007, 11:38 PM
chets an overall nut for animals lmao, but we all love him... My friend used to take in ferrets, she loves them, she doesn't have a whole lot more, she adopts them out.. i have 3 ferrets now, i had 4 but one was really old (8) and had insalinomia ( he was diabetic ) and i just thought it was time for his wings to grow and for him to fly :( miss him... if you want to know what they love i can give you a few hints lol, those weazel balls at San Fransico out east lol my ferrets and my friends ferrets go CRAZY over them, anything they can sink their teeth in lol, just make sure there are no beads in it or that it is runnber they can choke.i feed my guys Iams and Nutriance food, sometimes i will take a handfull and soak it in really hot water, they like it better then the moist ferret food you can buy in a can.

avaadore
09-10-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm looking for a ferret currently..Thinking about buying one from a pet store but would rather give one that needs a home a home, you know?
:)
Question: as far as bonding with you goes...do they really LOOK for attention from you? (puppy-like?) or are they more like the stereotypical cat (not all cats) where you initiate contact more often and they seek you out occasionally? (when out of cage)

How well do they bond with you as an owner/caregiver

tashley
10-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Well, when my girl is out of the cage she's always looking for attention from me or my boyfriend. She likes to chase us around the place, or if I am sitting on the couch, she'll climb up and just stare at me until I play with her.
I'm not sure about all ferrets, but anyone else I know who owns one says they do look for attention from them, especially if their is only one ferret.
I would have the say my girl is a cross between puppy-like and stereotypical cat-like.

Mine absolutley loves attention, and seeks us out alot; but sometimes she'd rather investigate different areas of the place on her own, without us (especially if there is something new, lol)

Not sure if that helps or not.

harbourchick07
10-20-2007, 03:34 PM
They seem to all have a different personality. I have 3. My oldest is 7 and he just lays around in the cage when i take the top off, he'll walk around but other then that he likes to be cuddled. My other two are 1 year and 6 months so they bounce like crazy! They always get into the plants lol.

BudwieserGirl
11-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Hey there I also have 2 Ferrets too and they are the best to have, I use to love cats but sense i got these little Guys I would never go back to cats, there is something about these animals that gets right to your heart. I my boyfriend when he first got with me he didn't care to much for them and now is soo in love with them I had to go out and get him one to. But they are cute and funny little guys the love to steal things and hide them and they Love to jump on my table and get at our pop and when we have banana splits they have to have some of it too...............LOL

margay
01-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey there.. anyone know of any tricks I can use to have my ferret to stop biting.?? I just got this little guy and hes is adorable. However he does bite!:( when he gets all hyper. I know its a ferret's way of playing, however its not fun for us. I have a 5 year old daughter that is not understand why at times she can't pick him up. Other times once his calm he can pick him at and theres no problems. He is 7 months old right now. Is it to late to start training him? Anyone have any suggestions?

harbourchick07
01-23-2008, 11:47 PM
its a baby thing... Let him bite, just dont let ur daughter pick him up while he is playing... my two babies are about the same age if not older...and they bite all the time... Just dont ever hit your ferret or flick it on the nose it will make it worse of a bitter because it will think it has to bite the hand because its going to attack him first if he dont get it...

I just had my oldest pass away on me the other night... I was out east with my friends and my mom called my phone ( she was babysitting them) she told me that Chip and sneaks were missing me a lot and that my oldest was just lying around... i said ok and told her to give him a kiss for me...

Then about 15 minutes later she called me telling me that he had died... i was freaking... i went into PU and there was a baby that looked like my myk .. it was hard.. i came home the next day, and took him in to be cremated :(