PDA

View Full Version : dove in my yard.. can anyone give me info?

fergiak
07-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Ok guys,

Just wondering if there is something I should do.. probably a silly question but I don't know.. I have had a dove in my front yard in my flower bed since at least Saturday ( that's when I first noticed it).. she doesn't seem to want to, or be able to fly.. she walks and did go up on the air for a little bit when I tried to give it some food.. so, my question is.. is there someone I should call? notify? anything? It is not bothering me at all, I am just worried that a cat will get her or she'll die from no food. We tried to give her some food last night and that's when she "flew", she seemed to go away, I checked all last evening and this am and she wasn't there, we looked in the flower bed cause I thought maybe there was a nest with eggs, but we didin't see any. So, now she is back and I am just concerned.. I know nothing about birds and have tried to find info here ( on the internet) but I can't seem to find much on specifics. I keep finding the Dove soap site!!

So, anybody have any thoughts? Thanks so much ahead of time.

adorabull
07-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Ok guys,

Just wondering if there is something I should do.. probably a silly question but I don't know.. I have had a dove in my front yard in my flower bed since at least Saturday ( that's when I first noticed it).. she doesn't seem to want to, or be able to fly.. she walks and did go up on the air for a little bit when I tried to give it some food.. so, my question is.. is there someone I should call? notify? anything? It is not bothering me at all, I am just worried that a cat will get her or she'll die from no food. We tried to give her some food last night and that's when she "flew", she seemed to go away, I checked all last evening and this am and she wasn't there, we looked in the flower bed cause I thought maybe there was a nest with eggs, but we didin't see any. So, now she is back and I am just concerned.. I know nothing about birds and have tried to find info here ( on the internet) but I can't seem to find much on specifics. I keep finding the Dove soap site!!

So, anybody have any thoughts? Thanks so much ahead of time.

you can try to call a few vets... but other than that, as sad as is sounds, id let nature take its course, but thats just me.

MrsBeasley
07-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Sent you a PM

annieelf
08-09-2007, 04:27 PM
If as i believe ,it is a morning dove ,they spend alot of time on the ground,being a member of the pidgen family.They only fly up to roost,you would rarely see one at a bird feeder as the prefer to eat off the ground.I'M SURE IT WOULD FLY UP IF A CAT GOT TOO CLOSE .LOL.You yourself said it flew when you tryed to get closer.