PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find Some Summer Reading

ASortaSweetart
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey everyone, I have been so busy lately with work and life that I haven't been keeping up on my book addiction. I love to read as I find it very relaxing. Anyways before I go pick up some new books I thought I would ask you isaintjohners what books you would recommend for me to check out.

I enjoy history, fictionalized or true, Science Fiction(anything but aliens...aliens bug me), Self Help books (not weight loss), or old Hollywood stories such Marilyn Monroe, Edy Sedwick, etc. I love clever satire and essay collections as well. The only thing I really do not like is gory horror stories or smutty romance novels.

Also if anyone happens to know about any recent studies or books released about Borderline Personality Disorder, Anorexia, Anxiety, Depression, or mental illness in general I am interested in checking them out. I am aware of most of the basics so I am looking for something which would expand on what I would already know or something which is written about new research or studies.

So if you are reading a book you can't put down or one that really helped you to learn a thing or two about yourself, post and let me/everyone know.
Please:biggrin: