PDA

View Full Version : Digi Cam broken!!! Any Suggestions!!

Corinne
07-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey, I have a Fuji FinePix E510 camera...when you turn it on it lights up for a half a second...but the lens doesn't come out, but it sounds like it wants to....and then it powers off. Does anybody know if is completely shot or if it is fixable. I have already purchased a new camera but would like to keep this old one for taking to the park or the beach if I could get it working again. Thanks

mommyd
07-18-2007, 06:15 PM
that happens to mine when i need to change the batteries
just enough to power it on for that long then shuts off

Corinne
07-18-2007, 08:14 PM
I know it isn't the batteries...tried changing them more than once...so there is a bigger problem than that.

CM
07-18-2007, 11:57 PM
That is exactly what was going on with my sons digital camera. I took one of those lens cleaner things that blows air, and I blew air into the battery compartment, then put in some of my rechargeable batteries. Camera works like a charm now. Maybe there is just some dirt or debris blocking the charge from the battery, or maybe it likes a specific battery. My son had tried Duracell, and Energizer and it wasn't accepting either of those, but the rechargeable ones worked just fine.

kaj27
07-19-2007, 12:04 AM
You're sure it isn't the batteries? What kind are you using. Cheap batteries normally don't have the power to even work for some cameras.

Corinne
07-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks for your suggestions, however I am sure it isn't the batteries...

kaj27
07-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Well then my money is on the lens motor. Does the camera say and error messages? Fuji's are suppose to say "Lens Error" or similar depending on the year.

Yours is from...2004 I think. Model that is, not saying yours is. So it may not even have an error message.

Corinne
07-19-2007, 10:18 PM
No, it doesn't have an error message, but it also doesn't power up long enough for a message to come up...the way it sounds is that the motor is fried because when you power on you can hear it wind for maybe a half a second and then it just shuts off...I am going to consider it fried at this point as I have already purchased a better camera anyway. I was just hoping to keep the old one for kicking around outside pictures or to take places I might not want to take my new camera. Oh Well!!!!