PDA

View Full Version : Can you make your own ringtones?

Lady_Athena
07-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Is there a software program where I can take an audio clip of an actual song and turn it into an mp3 ringtone? Can you just do this with any audio editing software if I am able to connect my cell to my computer to transfer the audio file?

The ring tones my cell phone company sells for $5 are just little audio mp3s and I would rather make my own since I do not really like their selection anyways (and the price is highway robbery!:eek:).

Thanks for your advice in advance:D

mattpage84
07-14-2007, 02:04 PM
ive done it with my phone, which is a motorola v360, all i had to do was download the motorla phone tools, but mine also has a usb connector on the side of it

kaj27
07-14-2007, 05:25 PM
I use motorola phone tools also, Via bluetooth though.

mattpage84
07-14-2007, 05:47 PM
what model phone do you have athena?

Lady_Athena
07-14-2007, 06:40 PM
I have a Nokia ...and I am not sure of the model number. I know it is on the battery, but I can't pry it open to see (darn thing). I have a third party usb cable I purchased on ebay and also the Nokia Suite software to add multimedia, schedule, notes, etc. I know that I can add different files such as mp3 and gif I think, but there is no program within the Nokia Suite to edit the audio files so they would be compressed and short enough to work on the phone as a ring tune.

Does that make any sense?:o

Lady_Athena
07-14-2007, 06:43 PM
It's a black flip phone from Rogers and it's one step up from the one they offer free when threaten to cancel because your phone is broken (heh heh they sucked me back in and I ended up paying $25 and getting an additional contract.....anyyyywaays....)

I am not sure if that helps at all.

For example I was able to add a background I downloaded online and compressed and resized so that it could be used on the cell. All I had to do was "sync" the image file to the gallery folder on my Nokia's hard drive. I think I could do the same with an audio file if I could get it the right size and length...:confused:

Lady_Athena
07-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh and it doesn't play mp3s (like an ipod/phone idea), but allows smaller versions for ring tones or "ring tunes" as I believe it may be called.

Sorry about the multiple posts....heh