PDA

View Full Version : TransportTruck Fire

jdobbs
01-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I was on the Harbour Passage on New Years Eve around 6:30pm. There was a Transporttruck driving on the Harbour Bridge heading westbound and the top of the truck was on fire. It was a good size flame.

It looked like the truck was stopped at the paybooth.

Does anyone have more details?, just wondering...

ShadowWarrior
01-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Yes, I do...the truck had a really good size flame come out the stack whereas it blew a turbo, pulled off just past the tolls...truck itself didn't burn though, it was towed from the scene. Hope this helps.

jdobbs
01-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the info. It was interesting to watch!

dittydottie
01-02-2007, 02:47 PM
It was not a good thing to follow.We were coming in the highway and when we just got past the first exit to Rothesay Ave. we saw lots of smoke. Matter of fact we thought there was a fire in the woods.The more we got driving the worse it became. There was a car right in front of us and at times we could not see it or even its lights.Smoke was causing havoc to both sides of the road because of the way the wind was blowing. After loosing sight of the car in front we a few more times we put on our 4 way flashers because then cars behind us could hopefully see us. We turned off at the Crown St exit. I can't believe the driver did not know what was happening. So from Rothesay Ave exit all the way to toll booth everyone following behind him was in trouble. Thank goodness no one was injured because there could very well have been accidents on the way.