PDA

View Full Version : Reader's Digest Fake Winnings?

megz
07-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I got something in the mail the other day saying i won a car , if the numbers matched up which they did... and then that i would be put on to the 1 million do0llar draw or the 1000 a week... I've heard something about this before but i dont remeber it was like 4 years ago... has anyone else gone through this? i find it fishy because the business card in the package has no phone number and only an adress... hmm i dont know what to do with this..any advise? im giving it to my mom tonight for her to look it over

hlc
07-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Everyone in my house has received one within the past week.. I keep throwing them out..

Misty589
07-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I got one too, it went straight to the circular filing cabinet

girdy
07-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I got something in the mail the other day saying i won a car , if the numbers matched up which they did... and then that i would be put on to the 1 million do0llar draw or the 1000 a week... I've heard something about this before but i dont remeber it was like 4 years ago... has anyone else gone through this? i find it fishy because the business card in the package has no phone number and only an adress... hmm i dont know what to do with this..any advise? im giving it to my mom tonight for her to look it over

Don't respond. They're trying to find out if you're a "live one" so they can sell your name/address to all the other scum in the unsolicited mail business.

megz
07-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I'll never buy another book from them , even though i dont think i ever have lol but my mom does , she wont be anymore

Misty589
07-13-2007, 06:29 PM
I've never bought anything from them either, they buy your name from other companies, it's a never ending cycle.
Just today i got a letter in the mail from a "psycic" who felt "so close to me she had to reach out" and tell me about the 88 days of luck coming my way (if i return this coupon, and send $ lol)

lizard_lover
07-13-2007, 07:17 PM
wow, that is terrible. I cannot believe people can sleep at night knowing they are doing that...

cuddles2007
07-13-2007, 09:09 PM
i got the same one a while ago now . im a sucker for those things . they keep sending me things to mail back to them . its been about 6 - 7 months now and they still say im in the same draw lol

The_Dave
07-17-2007, 06:02 PM
I actually know someone who won close to $100,000 from reader's digest. Believe it or not.

tag
07-18-2007, 06:17 AM
if you do not want them, the best thing to do is use the postage pre-paid envelopes to return them....but.....return the Reader's Digest to Visa, the Visa to the Book Club, that one to Capitol One, and so on.
Hey, they are paying for the postage, sooner or later they'll catch on.

Misty589
07-18-2007, 08:29 AM
if you do not want them, the best thing to do is use the postage pre-paid envelopes to return them....but.....return the Reader's Digest to Visa, the Visa to the Book Club, that one to Capitol One, and so on.
Hey, they are paying for the postage, sooner or later they'll catch on.

I like it :)