PDA

View Full Version : Back in the UK - after visit to SJ

RobinHood
07-09-2007, 11:51 AM
An update for forum members - who've been kind enough to answer/PM me in the past:

Been "home" (England) just over a week now after spending 2 weeks in NB, officially "landing" and having a well earned holiday. Apart from being grilled by immigration for over 2 hours (with 2 very bored kids 6 and 3) and told off by customs in Nova Scotia for not having an address or telephone number (we'd just got off the plane!) - we had a whale of a time. We are really looking forward to moving to SJ - we think it's smart - miles better than where we live now (and so affordable by UK standards!).

I think my only disapointment was visiting Mispec Beach again after 2 years and looking out on the horizon and wondering "what the heck is that they're building - its ruining my view!" A girl at the beach said it was "Canaport" - hopefully someone will plant some jumbo sized (fast growing) ferns to hide it. Still its a nice beach - I guess I'll get used to it ;-)

Yup we are again "safe and sound " in England - no leaks in the house either after 2-3 weeks of torrential rain. I'm really glad we didn't choose to fly back via Glasgow - nearly did take that route with Zoom Airlines but Belfast was £200 cheaper - so we avoided the attempted suicide bombers there (the connection flight would have coincided with the incident there). I'm getting used to that craziness now - all the 7/7 bombers lived within 4 miles of my current house ;-(

Anyway depressing details aside - in NB I sorted my bank account and debit card plus my Social Insurance Number. All I need is to move over there and I'm set. Brilliant holiday – we really love the quiet/laid back atmosphere in the Saint John area - I'm gutted to be back here. Today we had a credible offer on our house (although they ain't sold theirs yet) and we have a second viewer (with no chain) looking at the weekend - so fingers crossed. Completion time over here can range between 6 weeks and 2-3 months - I’ll keep you posted if we have any luck.

Cheers Saint Johners!

CM
07-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Good luck with the sale of your house. Looking forward to having you and your family back in Saint John as permanent residents.

RobinHood
07-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Good luck with the sale of your house. Looking forward to having you and your family back in Saint John as permanent residents.

Cheers fella. Hopefully won't be too long now.

CM
07-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Sorry not a fella, but hoping your family move is a good one.

Tina_ca
07-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Heya good luck on the move. My husband moved here 3 years ago from England..he loves it. The only thing he complains about..is lack of good food..LOL...but then he found Pete Fruitique's "English" section and is in his glory..haha

Good Luck

Tina

RobinHood
07-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Sorry not a fella, but hoping your family move is a good one.

Cheers me dear, my mistake - I forgot 51% of Saint Johners' are really Saint John-ettes' :)

lizard_lover
07-10-2007, 06:14 PM
haha cute. My grandfather is from England, and they go all the time. Cannot wait to get a new addition to our happy town...keep us updated, and here is to hoping the move is a good one!

RobinHood
07-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Heya good luck on the move. My husband moved here 3 years ago from England..he loves it. The only thing he complains about..is lack of good food..LOL...but then he found Pete Fruitique's "English" section and is in his glory..haha

Good Luck

Tina

Is that the stall in the city market that sells proper tea?

RobinHood
07-10-2007, 06:45 PM
haha cute. My grandfather is from England, and they go all the time. Cannot wait to get a new addition to our happy town...keep us updated, and here is to hoping the move is a good one!

Cute? You wouldn't type that if you saw me - I've a face like a smacked arse.