PDA

View Full Version : Angry Victim of Newspaper Thievery Harasses Me Via Phone

ASortaSweetart
07-08-2007, 02:35 PM
So by any chance did anyone else have a crazy ranting man call them and accuse them of stealing their newspaper this morning?

Now I am not much of a party animal, but I indulged in some moonlighting as one last night and awoke feeling a little under the weather. The phone rings and a man is threatening me because I stole his news paper.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked a little stunned.

"Yes! You are the one stealing my [insert f word ad ing] newspaper!" He yells at me, extremely irate and seemingly frothing at the mouth.

So I kind of bring myself back to reality at this point. I never stole any newspaper. what is going on? So I say to him:
"Look Buddy, I do not read newspapers (I do not I get all my news online), but if you keep calling me and threatening me over it I am going to call the police".

He then informed me that if I stole his [insert f word and add ing] newspaper again something bad would happen to me and hung up.

alllrrrrriiighty.
And you say SJ is boring...never happened to me in Halifax lol:rofl:

Woofer
07-08-2007, 02:48 PM
that sounds like an old phone prank i heard of. people used to make those calls all the time when i was younger.

ASortaSweetart
07-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Well I was hoping it was a prank because I would feel bad for a man so agitated by a missing newspaper:D lol

Wait a minute....What kind of grown man plays a prank at like 9 am in the morning?

Woofer
07-08-2007, 03:19 PM
someone who probably drank all night and thought it was still the night before lol. i'm pretty sure i seen that same prank in a movie called The jerky Boys.

babydollbrat
07-08-2007, 05:40 PM
He musta been drinking.........we don't get newspapers here on Sunday! :)