PDA

View Full Version : Drum Lessons

Eremda
12-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Have an 11 year old who would like to take drum lessons. Any suggestions on where to start. Would anyone recommend Music Stop on Rothesay Ave. as a place to get a recommendation.

Thanks

kaj27
12-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Head to morris music. Peter is a master.

devils_advocat1
01-02-2007, 07:59 AM
call steve hill, he is an amazing teacher, my brother goes to him (9 years old) has been goin with steve for 2 years. 849-3418 is the number to his studio and his brothers guitar studio. give him a call, good luck

Yoda1808
01-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Peter Doyle at Morris is Awsome..!!!

kaj27
01-02-2007, 03:52 PM

Got that right. He filled for us a bunch of times. Great guy and awesome drummer.

rogerfoucault
03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Check out the School of Rock and Film, ask for Norman Calp-- he's a wicked drum player with years of experience playing in bands and all kinds of venues.

Or check out the school's website at www.schoolofrockandfilm.com

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS
www.ant-tropolis.com
Email: roger@ant-tropolis.com

Among The Ruins
05-03-2007, 01:51 PM

Peter is actually no longer with Morris Music, he is now with Music Stop. Peter or Geoff from Music Stop are excellent choices. Steve Hill is also an excellent choice as well as (I believe his name is) Joe Mcintyre. Joe is an excellent teacher and has taught the likes of John Morrison and Corry Abbott, 2 of Saint Johns most excellent young drummers. You can locate Joe through Morris Music as well, those should give you quite a few options.

kaj27
05-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Peter is actually no longer with Morris Music, he is now with Music Stop. Peter or Geoff from Music Stop are excellent choices. Steve Hill is also an excellent choice as well as (I believe his name is) Joe Mcintyre. Joe is an excellent teacher and has taught the likes of John Morrison and Corry Abbott, 2 of Saint Johns most excellent young drummers. You can locate Joe through Morris Music as well, those should give you quite a few options.

You do know that this thread is from last year.....right?