PDA

View Full Version : 12:59am, & my neihgbors dog is still whimpering & whining outside

puppyluv
06-30-2007, 12:04 AM
and i can't sleep!

What is the bylaw on this?

They get a littl dog and let it wander around in the day...and then tie it up outside at night...and it doesnt like it!

rubycshells
06-30-2007, 12:36 AM
There should be a bylaw that they can't own an animal...what the heck do they have an animal for if they're keeping it outside all the time?:mad:

Rickster
06-30-2007, 12:59 AM
It may sound 'petty' but if it is going on after 10 or 11:00pm then they may consider it a violation of the keep the peace bylaw if you contacted the Police department ! Just a thought for ya,'pups'. -Rick

adorabull
06-30-2007, 10:27 PM
and i can't sleep!

What is the bylaw on this?

They get a littl dog and let it wander around in the day...and then tie it up outside at night...and it doesnt like it!

Depending where you live, the bilaw is either 11-6am or 12-6 or 7am, if it is during that time call the police dpt outside of those hours look to seeif it has no water or shelter while its tied call the SPCA they should help you out, or maybe put a scare into them? if they are running at large call the ARL, thay might givem a scare too.

puppyluv
07-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks. I am going to the ARL early next week to lodge a complaint with the animal control section so that they will go and visit those people and explain the bylaw to them regarding letting animals run loose.
I almost hit their dog over a week ago. It ran out from in between 2 parked cars. IF I had been driving fast, like many cars do in my neighborhood, their dog would be dead...That would have been tragic!

Rickster
07-01-2007, 11:32 PM
You know...there's no reason for proper dog owners to let their dog just roam around,!! I'm sorry .but it just 'pees me off. You want to see well trained dogs then just drive up to the store just past Ridgewood and you will see two Shepherds and a Pit-bull mix watching people Jog by or just walking their dog or otherwise and these buddies are so well trained that they do what they are supposed to do and sit there and Guard their land/turf . Just being a Dog !! - Rick. ps I'm sorry for all you people that 'Fear' Dogs but I never had to put a Leash/harness/rope on any of my animals/buddies cause I taught them to Love and Obey ME !! Too many treat them as pets instead of ' Family' - Rick.

dally
07-02-2007, 12:39 PM
I was told by an SPCA officer that a dog is allowed to be tied outside 24 hours a day 7 days a week as long as there is food, water and shelter. So I asked what if the dog is barking at 2:00 in the morning. I was then told to call the police. Well when you live where I do it takes the RCMP 15 minutes to get here. I have called and they don't come. So we close all the windows and attempt to get back to sleep. Fun!

kaj27
07-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks. I am going to the ARL early next week to lodge a complaint with the animal control section so that they will go and visit those people and explain the bylaw to them regarding letting animals run loose.
I almost hit their dog over a week ago. It ran out from in between 2 parked cars. IF I had been driving fast, like many cars do in my neighborhood, their dog would be dead...That would have been tragic!

Maybe talk to them first instead of going to the authorities first. People seem to do this a lot. Hiding behind the ARL isn't going to help anyone.

I had this happen to a friend of mine, He lost some nice neighbors because of it. Be civil and talk first.

jdcb
07-02-2007, 09:19 PM
adorabull,

using these agencies to "put a scare into them" is repulsive to me. Either make a legitimate complaint, or don't. But try talking to you neighbors first...

puppyluv
07-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Nope. Those people are creeps. I have spoken to them AFTER finding out they were spending time watching in our windows...I think they best take care of their own business.
Hiding behind? nope, no how, I would rather they get fined and listen ! than rather be someone that run over their dog..the dog pays for their STUPIDITY.

adorabull
07-07-2007, 12:12 AM
adorabull,

using these agencies to "put a scare into them" is repulsive to me. Either make a legitimate complaint, or don't. But try talking to you neighbors first...

Thats nice thanks for sharing..:D Pretty sure Agencies only come out when there is a fomal complaint lodged, last time I checked... but hey what the hell do I know? For example.... Hi ARL my neighbours dog is running at large, can you come scare him?:rolleyes: what I meant by that is a reality check, smarten up or pay a fine what have you, hit em where it hurts, and unfortunatly thats in the pocket book for most people who dont give 2 hoots what their dog is doing. And some people will keep on doing it no matter what happens, I have a neighbour like that right now, I just put up with cleaning the "landmines" of my lawn every evening.

jdcb
07-07-2007, 03:38 PM
wow, sensed some sarcasm and a touch of hostility there... how about calling your neighbor first to make sure they know it's off the leash?! Just cause your filing a complaint with the right agency doesn't make it legit. There are steps you should take first. Problem is some people would rather hand the problem off to someone else and complain than pick up the phone and call your neighbor...

jdcb
07-07-2007, 03:41 PM
not saying that's the case here...

puppyluv
07-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I owe them nothing. they dont deserve a pet if they dont think enough of it to consider its well being. It has been more than once that dog has been in my yard, or down the road, out in front of vehicles that cant or wont stop.

I have no intention of helping those "people" at all. You may not see it my way, but I don't care about that in the least. Some people dont deserve the opportunity to have a pet. Those people KNOW their dog is wandering the neighborhood. and as far as passing it off JDCB, whatever!

Eremda
07-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Is this dog a shepard mix on the smaller side. Have had one like that follow the dog and I several times through Heights. He followed us this morning almost all the way to the entrance to the pit before he turned back. Once he was on the road but seemed very street wise and moved off before the car hit him. He is wearing a collar and next time I will try to read his tag number and report the owner so this dog does not suffer a horrible accident on the road.

katzndawgs
07-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Had a problem with a dog that was constantly off it's property. Whenever the animal control officer showed up the dog was conveniently back on it's property. The next time I was in the area I brought my digital camera, As I backed my truck up along the street, the dog followed. I snapped about 6 photos. I sent them to the animal control guy and copied them to the town office with a short to the point explanation. The following day the dog was picked up. Any idiot can own a dog.

jdcb
07-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Puppy,

As I said, I'm sure that's not the case here...

adorabull
07-08-2007, 12:08 AM
wow, sensed some sarcasm and a touch of hostility there... how about calling your neighbor first to make sure they know it's off the leash?! Just cause your filing a complaint with the right agency doesn't make it legit. There are steps you should take first. Problem is some people would rather hand the problem off to someone else and complain than pick up the phone and call your neighbor...

Thats why I said "formal" not legitamate"

jdcb
07-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Thats why I said "formal" not legitamate"

and my first message about it said 'legitamate'

Kristee
04-21-2008, 04:09 PM
If the dog is wandering around untied during the day, then call the ARL to come get the wandering stray. Apparently he is a stray during the day if he is loose and I assume he isn't just on his own property.

puppyluv
04-21-2008, 06:08 PM
This post was from last June...problem solved..they rid themselves of the dog.