PDA

View Full Version : a topic to talk about

Krash
06-29-2007, 09:09 PM
im putting this short and sweet and you guys can talk about it. as well as i. I think irving should move the refinery on loch lomond road over to where he is putting lng/canaport. have both of them in the same location and put a waterpark/ theme park/ zoo where the refinery and land is right now. so talk about it. NOW. lol thanks

jiggypat23
06-29-2007, 09:14 PM
I Agree 100%!!!!!!

kaj27
06-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Riiiiiiiiight.

Woofer
06-29-2007, 10:14 PM
best idea i ever heard :)

fuzzy
06-29-2007, 10:50 PM
never in a million years. But great idea.

dan j
06-29-2007, 11:05 PM
move a refinery? wtf?

mizunderstood
06-29-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm all for a water park... speaking of, I wish they would bring back the bumper boats and mini golf course that used to be in rockwood park years ago... We need more waterparks! And less IRVINGS..

Krash
06-30-2007, 11:05 AM
well it was put up. and when the other one is up and running, just move it. take it apart and move it

move a refinery? wtf?

Krash
06-30-2007, 11:06 AM
and since new brunswick/saint john is big on tourism. it would be great. because there is nothing to do in this city

megz
06-30-2007, 11:45 AM
how would you move it? i think thats a bit impossible LOL but would be great

megz
06-30-2007, 11:45 AM
and since new brunswick/saint john is big on tourism. it would be great. because there is nothing to do in this city

yeah saint john is pretty boring

jdcb
06-30-2007, 03:05 PM

so do something about it...

oasis
06-30-2007, 04:27 PM

I've lived in Saint John for 25 year. I have yet to be bored by it. I don't sit in the house and wait for Saint John to entertain me. My wife and I go out and look for this stuff. We go to dances, we support charity auctions/dances. We go for walks in the park.

I can find something to do most days I'm not working. If it's that boring to you why not move to Moncton. Oh yea a friend of mine from there says there's nothing to do up there. He claims he's bored most of the time!!!

Misty589
06-30-2007, 06:35 PM
im putting this short and sweet and you guys can talk about it. as well as i. I think irving should move the refinery on loch lomond road over to where he is putting lng/canaport. have both of them in the same location and put a waterpark/ theme park/ zoo where the refinery and land is right now. so talk about it. NOW. lol thanks

YOu can't really be that delusional??

christine chittick
06-30-2007, 08:17 PM
It could be done, certainly not impossible...but the question is - if you were to put a waterpark or theme park even in there, would you really want your children playing in an area where a refinery used to be??

Krash
07-01-2007, 08:56 AM
how would you move it? i think thats a bit impossible LOL but would be great

well they built it there. and everything is held togeather by nuts and bolts. i mean they would have to wait a month or longer untill everything was able to be moved because every littlbe bit of acces gas woud have to be burnt off

Krash
07-01-2007, 09:01 AM
It could be done, certainly not impossible...but the question is - if you were to put a waterpark or theme park even in there, would you really want your children playing in an area where a refinery used to be??

ya i know what you mean by that as well. alot of ground treatment/ removal of land and alot more would be needed. but as well it would take a good 5-7 years to do this. but irving is the one who should do it. i mean it wouldnt make as much money as the refinery. but then he has the 2 refinerys plus a thempark. its not making a few billion a day. but when ppl come. they actually might want to come again. it would employ alot more people. and probably rake in a few million a day. over time that is. at first it doesnt seem to be a good investment. but it might change the view of the city. and hell. why not make it run on windmills. the first economic theme park. wouldnt he love that publicity.

Krash
07-01-2007, 09:02 AM
YOu can't really be that delusional??

the post above this goes to you too^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JustWatching
07-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Its nice to see an idea being put out there...something...maybe it's possible...maybe it's not...maybe if it were possible you wouldn't want to use that land anyway...who knows....but at least some people do see there is a need for such things...and that's where it all begins.

A lot of people on here say this place isn't boring...and I agree...it's not so much that it's boring...but for the size of the this city there should be more going on...more things for the kids...more for the adults....I think a nice walk is fine...or other outdoor activities...however there should be more than what there is to do in this city...I've said it before and I'll say it again...they really are losing out by not fixing up the waterfront...it could be a beautiful spot...small shops...resturants/bistros...coffee shops....somewhere that people want to walk along rather than half abandoned buildings etc...anyway I know some won't agree...but there does have to be more done in this city to make it a place that attracts people.

girdy
07-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Moving a working oil refinery is going to cost several billion dollars, and just makes that site economically un-feasible as a result.

How about build it at the old Lantic Sugar site, or where the harness track is now?

Misty589
07-01-2007, 01:40 PM
and what exactly would motivate a private company to spend several billion dollars to move an operation that is making major profit and build a theme park in a city that has less than a 3 month tourist season?

Krash
07-01-2007, 04:16 PM
and we would have more tourism for longer. fine build it in the old sugar refinery land. the refinery was picked because he has one going up so one can run while the other is moving.. like i said its an idea

Snowmedic
07-01-2007, 04:35 PM
and we would have more tourism for longer. fine build it in the old sugar refinery land. the refinery was picked because he has one going up so one can run while the other is moving.. like i said its an idea
How old are you?

christine chittick
07-01-2007, 04:53 PM
the property the sugar refinery is actually a good idea. think about it for a second. people that come in off the cruise ships wouldn't have to travel far to get to it. the only downfall is that cab companies and shuttle services wouldn't make their money in regards to moving people to and from the place...its right next door. but, in a way its centrally located so one even in the city would not have to travel from one side to the other etc. The people coming from Nova Scotia could use the ferry services (if they were to lower prices so it is not outragiously expensive to travel on the ferry)... I mean, things could work in that regard. And it would not require several billion dollars in moving the refinery to another location...there are so much more risk involved environmentally moving a refinery to another location.