PDA

View Full Version : Pregnacy Parking

Pages : [1] 2

JulieHebert
06-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Are people really that ignorant or lazy that they can't park in a normal parking spot and leave the expectant mother parking for those of us that are pregnant. I just got back from Walmart and I was coming out to my car and this older couple that had no kids in the car or a pregnant person with them was pulling out of the parking spot marked Expectant Mother Parking. This isn't the first time I have come across this, last week I was in Superstore on Thorne Ave and someone that had a wheelchair sign on the car was in the expectant mother parking as well. This really bothers me because at the mall is says also on the signs for parents with kids up to 6 months but yet you see a mother or father parking there with kids that are old enough to walk. I think it is rude and disrespectful, this is my second and to be totally honest i stopped parting there for my first when the baby was 6 months and never parked there again until I was 5 months pregnant and showing for this one. Because frankly if you aren't showing or have no health issues you shouldn't be parking there and leave it for someone that may need the spot worse then you. I would like to see if I am the only one that feels this way.Thanks

twinter
06-28-2007, 04:19 PM

trinity
06-28-2007, 04:28 PM
It is not law, there is no way to enforce it. Sorry.
Maybe for the older couple when they first got there all the handicap spots were taken? PS, how can you tell if someone is NOT pregnant? Some people hardly show at all, doesn't mean they aren't. And being in your 40s these days does not preclude being pregnant, in fact it is more likely to happen than ever before, and yet more risky.
I'll be devil's advocate, if you are so unfit that you as a pregnant person can't walk a few more feet yourself, why are you at the mall?

beckettjag
06-28-2007, 04:53 PM
It is totally ignorant for people who have no small kids and are not pregnant to park in theses spaces.Handicap parking is there for handicap people and the expectant parking is there for expectant mothers.My hubby and I deliberatly waited in the parking spot when an older women was waiting to take our expectant mother parking spot we waited 15 min until she got the hint and drove off.I'm 9 months pregant and I was put off work by a doctor I only go out for essentials and groceries the superstore has been great with their family parking they try to enforce it.Someday it may be law, and it disgusts me that some people with disabilities on here have the nerve to comment on this when heaven forbid someone make a comment about their situation.I don't usually involve myself in these threads but this is a problem I have noticed as well.Some people should think or bite their tongue before commenting and put themselves in others shoes.

lizard_lover
06-28-2007, 05:15 PM
I agree...I know someone very close to me who has a "diabled" tag or whatever they are called. She cannot technically work, but is in top physical condition. she can walk, stand, and goes four wheeling frequently. She has no problem walking, but do you think she leaves the handicap parking for those who really need it? no, of course not. Our population has gotten so lazy...it disgusts me...noone walks anywhere anymore...

chevygirl
06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
I really get a kick out of someone complaining about an expecting parent parking spot that was taken by the Elderly.... that’s too funny. Talk about lazy... I never agreed with those spots anyway. If anyone needs there exercise it is the expecting. And up until a few years ago you never had that luxury. I think they should only be for the Elderly and disabled. Being pregnant does not make you disabled. I wouldn't complain about something like that unless it was some young man that took it. Those spots are a waste of space. And if you have a difficult pregnancy that causes you to be in a lot of pain when you walk then you should ask for a temp disability tag so you can park there. And then you can grab one of those motor carts when you get into Wal-Mart to make your shopping that much easier.

The_Dave
06-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Or just stay home and shop on iSaintjohn!!!!!!

mizunderstood
06-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I just had to say this.. lol.. My children are both over 6 months of age, my nephew is over that as well. My niece is under 6 months. Having said that I PARK IN THE EXPECTING SPOTS when I have all 3 or 4 with me because being 1 person with 3 or 4 kids under 2 it is a lot easier and SAFER for me to park there. And god help the person that comments to me about it. But I don't agree with people that don't need it to park there. Walk the extra 10 steps from another parking space. :) have a good day all!

beckettjag
06-28-2007, 06:20 PM
And then what age do you classify someone elderly?50,60 or older?The disability tag is justifyably used by people,who,a long commute through a parking lot would be difficult.But it is abused by alot of people.The tag does run out and you are not required to send it back when the user dies or no longer needs it.When my grandmother died we could have kept it but we dropped it off at the service canada building.It would be the same for expectant parking, those who need it and those who honestly don't and can walk all the way to the door, and not all pregnent women need exercise...I've been told to gain weight.In every situation there are deceptions and exceptions.I personally benefit from having the spots right there especially at the grocery store ( not so much walmart).I don't drive at this point in my pregancy and since it will be only for 2 months total why would I apply for a disability tag that's tying up the system with something that is very temporary, and only needed for a very short period of time.
Sorry about the long rant..lol..pregency hormones..lol

Misty589
06-28-2007, 08:39 PM
LOL I parked at one at wal-mart the other day, and a man pulled up alone in the one next to me, I just asked him when he was due :D it was kinda funny becuase he had the pregnant "physique" if you know what i mean LOL

I only use those spots when i'm pregnant, but I look at them as a bonus, it's a nice thing for the store to do, but not manditory. If they are taken then they are taken, whether it is by a pregnant lady or not.
As far as the people parking there with the disability tag, I think that's fine. If they can't get a wheelchair spot then they should be allowed in the stork parking, pregnancy is not a disablility or an illness, although it may be uncomfortable to walk further in the parking lot, the people with disabilities need the close spaces more

JulieHebert
06-28-2007, 09:09 PM
First of all I didn't say that is you are pregnant then it is a disability however I am due tomorrow and i am not going to sit in the house just because I'm pregnant ."CHEVYGIRL" you must not have any kids or never been pregnant to know the discomfort at the end of the pregnancy or if you do never had any complications , so obviously you wouldn't know and just by your comment shows how ignorant you really are so until you have been in the pain I would keep your comments to yourself as i was bringing up a point. You don't have to be rude about it.It is probably people like you that would park there to begin with.

JulieHebert
06-28-2007, 09:12 PM
I just had to say this.. lol.. My children are both over 6 months of age, my nephew is over that as well. My niece is under 6 months. Having said that I PARK IN THE EXPECTING SPOTS when I have all 3 or 4 with me because being 1 person with 3 or 4 kids under 2 it is a lot easier and SAFER for me to park there. And god help the person that comments to me about it. But I don't agree with people that don't need it to park there. Walk the extra 10 steps from another parking space. :) have a good day all!

Also something like that is different because you have small kids but when there is 2 adults and 2 kids that are old enough to walk I think the adults can take the few extra steps to walk instead of taking up a space that isn't there for them to begin with I guess it all comes down to respect and I guess some people just don't have it.

sanstu
06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I really get a kick out of someone complaining about an expecting parent parking spot that was taken by the Elderly.... that’s too funny. Talk about lazy... I never agreed with those spots anyway. If anyone needs there exercise it is the expecting. And up until a few years ago you never had that luxury. I think they should only be for the Elderly and disabled. Being pregnant does not make you disabled. I wouldn't complain about something like that unless it was some young man that took it. Those spots are a waste of space. And if you have a difficult pregnancy that causes you to be in a lot of pain when you walk then you should ask for a temp disability tag so you can park there. And then you can grab one of those motor carts when you get into Wal-Mart to make your shopping that much easier.

I totally agree with you chevygirl. These spaces are available as a courtesy only.I don't see anything wrong with a disabled person parking in one if there are no available spaces for them. Further more if you are not the driver, than perhaps the driver could let you out at the door and then find a place to park.
And finally with regards to the disabled placards, upon the death of the disabled person, MV requires these be returned along with the paperwork that clearly states the name of the person that is disabled and entitled to use handicapped/disabled parking.

JulieHebert
06-28-2007, 10:00 PM
I totally agree with you chevygirl. These spaces are available as a courtesy only.I don't see anything wrong with a disabled person parking in one if there are no available spaces for them. Further more if you are not the driver, than perhaps the driver could let you out at the door and then find a place to park.
And finally with regards to the disabled placards, upon the death of the disabled person, MV requires these be returned along with the paperwork that clearly states the name of the person that is disabled and entitled to use handicapped/disabled parking.

Thats fine they are a courtesy to pregnant people or parents with small kids not people that are just lazy and don't want to walk.

sanstu
06-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Who really cares if the spot is available or not? I'm sure you'll still make it into the store regardless of where you have to park.

JulieHebert
06-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Who really cares if the spot is available or not? I'm sure you'll still make it into the store regardless of where you have to park.

Pregnant people care if the spot is available.If you are not Pregnant then don't worry about it .......

The_Dave
06-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Just because your knocked up doesn't mean you get special privileges. It is only courtesy parking. If you are in that much pain walking to the store then I don't recommend it. Some people will use any excuse to complain. Can't please em all, just stay out of the handicap spots if your not truly handicap.

JulieHebert
06-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Just because your knocked up doesn't mean you get special privileges. It is only courtesy parking. If you are in that much pain walking to the store then I don't recommend it. Some people will use any excuse to complain. Can't please em all, just stay out of the handicap spots if your not truly handicap.

Obviously this comment would come from a guy have a little respect and if you don't like the thread then don't read it and mind your business, It is a free country to be able complain about something without getting a smart ass comment from ignorant people.

chevygirl
06-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I may have been mizunderstood :)
I believe that if you are in any pain, whether it be your back, your pregnant (not all pregnancies are painful), you have a broken leg, anything that makes walking hard you should be able to use it. Tag or no tag it is courtesy!! If you don't need it don't take it.
I have been pregnant and at times it was difficult . But they didn't have special parking when I was. And I probably would have used it, but only a few times, when it was more difficult to get around.
I didn't mean to imply that being pregnant was a disability. But the people that misuse it due to laziness, don't only realize that you are breaking the law ,but you are being very rude and disrespectful.
I can honestly say that I have never parked in the handicap or stork parking.

sanstu
06-29-2007, 06:40 AM
JulieHebert, Who are you to judge who is parking in these spots, anyway? You are not the first person to be pregnant and you certainly won't be the last. Had you read my post I said I didn't see anything wrong with a disabled person parking in one of these spaces if there was no disabled spaces available. If a disabled person is using the space it's not because they're lazy!!! So, suck it up buttercup, and walk the few extra steps. Exercise is not a bad thing.

beckettjag
06-29-2007, 07:06 AM
Obviously all the ignorant comments are mainly from men.Because getting "knocked up" seems to make you less of a person in the eyes of some people.Maybe all us needed "exercise" should stay home so we don't offend anybody, maybe disabled people should stay home maybe they shouldn't go out negating the need for handicap spaces all together.If the spot is genuinley need then fine.But if it's need by me being pregrant them I expetct to be able to use it.It's my right.They wouldn't have developed theses spaces if there hadn't been a concern and need for them.Everybody here seems to think pregrant women are lazy you guys are delousional.I'd rather still be working in my last month of pregnancy but was put off, my hubby constantly tells me to slow down and rest. Don't comment on a thread you don't understand and doesn't really concern you unless your one of those healthy young "men" parking in them...or your the first man to give birth...lol..

ASortaSweetart
06-29-2007, 08:01 AM
JulieHebert, Who are you to judge who is parking in these spots, anyway? You are not the first person to be pregnant and you certainly won't be the last. Had you read my post I said I didn't see anything wrong with a disabled person parking in one of these spaces if there was no disabled spaces available. If a disabled person is using the space it's not because the're lazy!!! So, suck it up buttercup, and walk the few extra steps. Exercise is not a bad thing.So Julie is no one to judge, but you are?
You must be a man and therefore this argument does not really concern you except to stir up the pot. Pregnant women deserve more respect than the both of us and no exercise is not good for everybody. Some pregnant woman do not have the luxury of someone else running their errands.

The guys reply in this thread simply must be bored and want to get your ladies' hormones going.

You do realize that if someone didn't get knocked up and carry you (yes even someone in the know as you was once in a woman's womb) around for 9 months you wouldn't be here to grace us with your wit.

sanstu
06-29-2007, 08:44 AM
So Julie is no one to judge, but you are?
You must be a man and therefore this argument does not really concern you except to stir up the pot. Pregnant women deserve more respect than the both of us and no exercise is not good for everybody. Some pregnant woman do not have the luxury of someone else running their errands.

The guys reply in this thread simply must be bored and want to get your ladies' hormones going.

You do realize that if someone didn't get knocked up and carry you (yes even someone in the know as you was once in a woman's womb) around for 9 months you wouldn't be here to grace us with your wit.
No where in my posts in this thread have I passed judgement, only expressed my opinion. Walking a few extra steps when you are pregnant is no big deal. And no , I am not a man, I'm a mother of 5 children,the youngest 2 being twins. These spaces did not exist when I was pregnant and I still managed to go shopping. Come to think of it I recall seeing other pregnant woman shopping as well.

ILiveOnEarth
06-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Well I'm and The_Dave what you said about being knocked up that was not right. Have a little class man. I know you like to start crap on here but that was just rude.

Anyways its great they have the parking spots I was just wondering why some are for pregnant women at some stores and other stores the are for family's with kids.

Having little kids and carrying them and the car seat if they are asleep in it and or the stroller is just as hard as walking if you are pregnant.

JustWatching
06-29-2007, 08:53 AM
WOW very emotional thread - I don't see people getting this wound up over "life and death" matters :rofl: - Anyway point is if the space is there use it if you "qualify" - If not then find somewhere else to park - not much we're going to be able to do about this. It sucks but we have to live with it.

(And to say some 75 year old woman doesn't deserve it if there are no handicapped spots left - well that is not right)

Actually truth be told - and I'm a parent - had children - lived without stork parking - I feel the stork parking should be used as more senior/disabled parking - they need it as much as anyone else.

ASortaSweetart
06-29-2007, 09:13 AM
My comments were above a parking space at this point, it was the reaction from the posters that peeved me off.

If you are a woman than you should really have more respect for pregnant woman and know how emotional and sensitive you can be during this time.

And also my comments still stand I will just officially redirect them towards the men that replied in this thread since I did have a few in mind;).

ASortaSweetart
06-29-2007, 09:16 AM
And why do people only reply for the sake of criticizing that someone replied emotionally? By replying and saying that you are still participating in the drama lol. And you did go to the trouble to read all of the replies and then write back....

I am not actually upset by any of this, but that is just my 2 cents.:D

JustWatching
06-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey I'm not upset - I just thought it was quite interesting how a parking spot could be such an issue - But to each their own - If it's that important to people then fine - All I was simply saying was that the stork parking is just something nice that the stores do (maybe it will be a law someday) but my point is that these parking spots are not everywhere and MANY MANY people have been pregnant and had small children and dealt with it - they still shopped etc. It is a convience yes - I have a great deal of respect for mothers (pregnant or not) - dragging small children around - I understand it is difficult - my point however is that seniors or disabled in general do have issues that we don't face - however if we all live long enough we will face them (being older I mean) - I really believe that seniors/disabled should be able to use those spots. It's not to be rude or disrespectful - it's just my opinion.

Do I think that young men/women (not pregnant) should be using them - NO - but it is a difficult thing to manage...

ASortaSweetart
06-29-2007, 09:40 AM
I agree they are a courtesy and they rely on other people being courtesy to one another as well.

I am not saying that elderly or disabled individuals have less of a right to close parking.

JulieHebert
06-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Ok so after reading everyone's OPINIONS my biggest pet peeve is that people park there that don't need to if you are disabled then get a tag and park in the spots set aside for that. Not hard unless you were turned down for one but I'm not sure how that works. But if you actually watch who parks there it is a lot of people that are not pregnant and like i have said before i didn't even park there before I had to as it is hard to get around and during the day i don't have the luxury to have someone else run my errands for me. I do them myself however I know there is no way to enforce for people not to park there but maybe someday there will be. It just sucks that some people can be so RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL towards pregnant women or parents with small kids because the spots are also for parents (Mother or Father) with kids under 6 months etc so I guess until people learn to respect I guess I will have to hope for the best. But going by some of the comments from some people respect is a long ways off in this city.

SaskSask
06-29-2007, 10:03 AM
I like some of these replies on the subject :

Get over it. Being pregnant isn't a handicap.

1. If a woman is too pregnant to navigate a parking lot, she shouldn't be in a car anyway.

2. There is no sanction for parking in those reserved spots. They are not legally enforceable. No fines, no towing... nothing.

3. Why not reserved spots for "Coloreds" and "Whites Only"? OOh. thats right... we had those once. Back during Jim Crow. But then again, it's not OK to discriminate against ethnicity, but it IS OK to discriminate based on sex and fertility.

Having a child is a lifestyle choice that you make for yourself, and not something that is forced upon you (like being handicapped). I don't think that your lifestyle choice to have children entitles you to any special treatment, any more than someone who chooses to be a vegetarian. Hauling your kids around through parking lots is part of the deal you signed up for.

There is this attitude of entitlement among people who have/are having kids. Somehow they think that they are providing some valuable service for society, when in reality they are just indulging their own need to fulfill themselves by replicating their genes. I have nothing against parents or people having kids, I just don't think that choosing that for yourself entitles you to any special treatment. I also hate the attitude that a lot of parents have, the attitude that society owes them somehow because they decided to pop out a kid.

If we give expectant mothers special parking places at the mall, then why not give them special seats at the movies and sporting events? They should be entitled to the best tables in restaurants, too. Expectant mothers shouldn't have to wait in lines, either. So I think we should pass a federal law that all expectant mothers get to go to the front of every line everywhere — post offices, supermarkets, Disneyland rides — everywhere. And I think all public restrooms should be made to accommodate the mother to be. That means holding at least one stall open for expectant mothers only. How's that?

I kind of agree with the above statements....

beckettjag
06-29-2007, 10:12 AM
your ignorance is appalling, without us women "replicating our genes" you idiots wouldn't exist to let out your backward vies...white black only parking I don't even know where to start get a life man your so far off the point of topic.Pregnent women do not feel entitled because they are pregnant, you carry 40 lbs of extra weight for the sake of your family and see how you feel.You choose not to have kids and "replicate" then don't comment on this thread it has nothing to do with you

JulieHebert
06-29-2007, 10:20 AM

1. If a woman is too pregnant to navigate a parking lot, she shouldn't be in a car anyway.

2. There is no sanction for parking in those reserved spots. They are not legally enforceable. No fines, no towing... nothing.

3. Why not reserved spots for "Coloreds" and "Whites Only"? OOh. thats right... we had those once. Back during Jim Crow. But then again, it's not OK to discriminate against ethnicity, but it IS OK to discriminate based on sex and fertility.

Having a child is a lifestyle choice that you make for yourself, and not something that is forced upon you (like being handicapped). I don't think that your lifestyle choice to have children entitles you to any special treatment, any more than someone who chooses to be a vegetarian. Hauling your kids around through parking lots is part of the deal you signed up for.

There is this attitude of entitlement among people who have/are having kids. Somehow they think that they are providing some valuable service for society, when in reality they are just indulging their own need to fulfill themselves by replicating their genes. I have nothing against parents or people having kids, I just don't think that choosing that for yourself entitles you to any special treatment. I also hate the attitude that a lot of parents have, the attitude that society owes them somehow because they decided to pop out a kid.

If we give expectant mothers special parking places at the mall, then why not give them special seats at the movies and sporting events? They should be entitled to the best tables in restaurants, too. Expectant mothers shouldn't have to wait in lines, either. So I think we should pass a federal law that all expectant mothers get to go to the front of every line everywhere — post offices, supermarkets, Disneyland rides — everywhere. And I think all public restrooms should be made to accommodate the mother to be. That means holding at least one stall open for expectant mothers only. How's that?

So once again you must have never been pregnant and if people weren't pregnant then you wouldn't be here so have a little respect and In no post that I read was there any such thing about any other exceptions aside from a parking spot, Because believe it or not there are people that have problems during their pregnancy. So before you judge other people and their opinion you want want to try being in the situation first before you pass judgement on people and Obviously you might want to read a bit first to actually see that no one is saying that being pregnant is a handicap ....so read everything first .....

ASortaSweetart
06-29-2007, 10:30 AM

Do you have some childhood mother issues or something?

How would the human race exist without child birth? And your assumption that a pregnant woman can just become a recluse at the drop of a hat is craziness.

Perhaps what you need is a antidote for your jaded view of things and not to post on boards to upset woman for kicks.

Seriously ladies why else would someone reply in a thread with that nonsense? Racism has nothing to do with what this thread was about and associating the two is inappropriate, the comparison was really well...stupid.

JulieHebert
06-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I agree

Ck-sM
06-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Ok so after reading everyone's OPINIONS my biggest pet peeve is that people park there that don't need to if you are disabled then get a tag and park in the spots set aside for that. Not hard unless you were turned down for one but I'm not sure how that works. But if you actually watch who parks there it is a lot of people that are not pregnant and like i have said before i didn't even park there before I had to as it is hard to get around and during the day i don't have the luxury to have someone else run my errands for me. I do them myself however I know there is no way to enforce for people not to park there but maybe someday there will be. It just sucks that some people can be so RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL towards pregnant women or parents with small kids because the spots are also for parents (Mother or Father) with kids under 6 months etc so I guess until people learn to respect I guess I will have to hope for the best. But going by some of the comments from some people respect is a long ways off in this city.

now in comparison i am a bilateral amputee there are an average of 2 expectant spaces per row of parking

and there are an average of 4 up to 6 in some places have u actually watched to see whom parks in the handicaped spaces ?

Mandi
07-01-2007, 06:20 AM

mmmhmmm...little pregnant excercise never hurt anyone, as for camping the spot? rude. elderly have just as much if not more difficulty as a pregnant woman. (and don't try to burn me, I just got over a rather difficult and uncomfortable pregnancy, and would have any point in it given up a spot or seat on the bus to stand for an elderly person to sit.)

space
07-01-2007, 08:04 AM
I bet 10-1 that some women well young kids that are 1 week pregnant uses that parking spot.. oh Im pregnant and I get to park here!!.. it should only be use if they are 8 or 9 months.. some women rather walk a distance rather than using the parking spot. young pregnant onces today thinks they are handi-cap!!

Mandi
07-01-2007, 08:47 AM
I bet 10-1 that some women well young kids that are 1 week pregnant uses that parking spot.. oh Im pregnant and I get to park here!!.. it should only be use if they are 8 or 9 months.. some women rather walk a distance rather than using the parking spot. young pregnant onces today thinks they are handi-cap!!
-cough-I'm 22, and had my first when I was 18, never once did I use it as a handicap, stereo types aren't fun.

space
07-01-2007, 08:57 AM
-cough-I'm 22, and had my first when I was 18, never once did I use it as a handicap, stereo types aren't fun.

well I ment today not 4 years ago. . I guess ur one of the smarter once..lol

beckettjag
07-01-2007, 12:34 PM
And I'm 26 far from young and lazy. I just stopped work at 9 months, I hate generilizations on this site.The spaces are there for people who need it and people will abuse it.If a women is 5 months pregnant and uses the spot and is capable of walking then it's her stupidity but her right to use it.The same as handicap parking, people (not me) have said if you can drive why do you need the parking spot if your that handicapped then don't drive,if your alone in the car.But this thread is about pregnancy and family parking not handicap that should be another thread and if someone else has something to say they should start a new thread about handicap parking and the abuses ect. about it.

blondie
07-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow..this thread has really been blown out of porportion! Can't you people see that this started with a valid complaint- that people who aren't pregnant or who don't have infants shouldn't park in the expectant parking? Why bring race and handicaps into it? I mean if you are handicapped, there are designated parking spaces for you and laws to prevent un-handicapped people from parking in those spaces, pregnant people don't have the luxury of having laws to save their spaces, not that having a handicap is luxurious, and I don't mean to minimize your disability by saying that. And who is to say that all of the elderly have disabilities and need handicap parking spaces, many elderly people are still in great shape and don't need these spaces. If you are a person with a handicap and a person without a handicap parked in your space you too would be quite annoyed but the person is breaking the law so they can be punished, with expectant parking nobody enforces the rules. Bottom line-if you don't need the expectant parking don't use it..I don't think anyone should have a problem with expectant parking, it doesn't hurt anybody. Also pregnant or not, these women deserve respect, so keep your nasty comments to yourself because there are ways of disagreeing and debating a topic without trying to give low blows and attacking people for their opinions..I think that statement should go both ways too..

dollydoo
07-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I think this is the funniest thread on here.... I can't believe people are freaking out over a parking spot. Last time i checked it's better to walk when your prego. And yeah I have a child and had a very hard pregnancy. I was taken out of work at 3 months for severe bleeding and i lost weight during my pregnancy because i was sick every 2 hours. I couldn't keep anything down. I had to drink so much liquids with vitamins in it so i could keep my unborn child healthy. I walked alot during my pregnancy. It made me feel better. I walked rothesay ave at least twice a week. Just because your pregnant doesn't mean you stop dpoing what you did before you were prego. Any doctor will tell you that. Mind you I had to stay in bed for a while but once i stoped bleeding i was back to walking again. Eventually i was better and i gained weight. I weighed 156lbs at 9 months. However i only weighed 125 before that. I would use the parking if it was available but i wouldn't freak out if someone was in it. It is a privledge not a Necessity. They didn't have those spots when my mom was prego with 2 kids and one on the way. They managed. Sorry just wanted to put my 2 cents in. peace

dan j
07-07-2007, 11:09 AM
I think you make a valid point dollydoo but the original complaint is still also valid. People in SJ seem to think rules are not for them re: all kinds of things. Parking in the prego spots, pulling up to the front of a store and leaving the car running when there is plenty of parking (like they're the only ones just running in to grab a 12 pack of Alpine), not using blinkers, speeding, making suicide left hand turns, etc.. This is just how people operate in SJ. Rules are more like guidelines that can be taken or ignored.

ASortaSweetart
07-07-2007, 11:09 AM
I think this is the funniest thread on here.... I can't believe people are freaking out over a parking spot. Last time i checked it's better to walk when your prego. And yeah I have a child and had a very hard pregnancy. I was taken out of work at 3 months for severe bleeding and i lost weight during my pregnancy because i was sick every 2 hours. I couldn't keep anything down. I had to drink so much liquids with vitamins in it so i could keep my unborn child healthy. I walked alot during my pregnancy. It made me feel better. I walked rothesay ave at least twice a week. Just because your pregnant doesn't mean you stop dpoing what you did before you were prego. Any doctor will tell you that. Mind you I had to stay in bed for a while but once i stoped bleeding i was back to walking again. Eventually i was better and i gained weight. I weighed 156lbs at 9 months. However i only weighed 125 before that. I would use the parking if it was available but i wouldn't freak out if someone was in it. It is a privledge not a Necessity. They didn't have those spots when my mom was prego with 2 kids and one on the way. They managed. Sorry just wanted to put my 2 cents in. peace

I really do not enjoy when people reply to a thread just to say it is ridiculous. You just read all the replies and replied yourself and that makes you a hypocrite. Just my 2 cents. lol:) (not just you dollydo people do it ALL the time)

My friend couldn't walk when she was pregnant and she still lost her baby.:rolleyes: This is an extreme example but I am starting to get PO'ed with everyone saying exercise is always best. Not when you are underweight or have certain medical conditions. But it is so easy for any of us to judge someone when we have never been through what they have been through right? Of course it is!

It is really sad how a nice gesture to make pregnant womans lives easier becomes this? Like what is wrong with you people? lol

Let the preggers have their damn spaces. They didn't make them and if they were intended for anything, but pregnant women or women with small children it would say so. If you have a problem with that take it up with their creator and maintainer.

mommyd
07-07-2007, 11:51 AM
I think this is the funniest thread on here.... I can't believe people are freaking out over a parking spot. Last time i checked it's better to walk when your prego. [/FONT]

3 weeks before my due date i had to start on my maternity leave. Now For my job i had to sit at a desk but in order to go to the bathroom i had to walk. My pelvis hurt like H*** with every step i took. And when you're PG you need to go to the bathroom a lot, so i had to go at that point (after dealing with it for over a week). Anyways.. it hurt to walk, but i still needed food to eat right? And not everyone has someone to go get things for them. If using one of those spots meant i had to take 15 painful steps less then that made all the difference in the world. Prior to the pain i didn't use those spots because i would figure there would be someone in more need of it than I.

No, these spaces weren't around a few years ago and Pregnant women went shopping without them.. but there are a lot of things around now that weren't around years ago and we all take advantage of them.
I'm sure handicap parking wasn't always around either, that doesn't mean there wasn't a need for it.

There are A-holes all over this city, some of them are newly pregnant and using the spaces when they really shouldn't (in my opinion) because they're not in pain or anything like that because of the pregnancy. (and if they are then fine, use it) but ya got the jerks parking in handicap, the jerks parking in pg spots, the jerks leaving dogs in hot cars, what have you..

To the person who said that if you're handicapped enough to need a handicap spot you shouldn't be driving? Or alone? WTF! so if you were in a wheelchair and needed some food you would just stay home and get someone else to, or sit in the car while someone else went? That's ridiculous. I always thought that the reason the spots were larger and usually have no space beside them was so that a person with a wheelchair had enough room to get the chair and themselves out and also so they didn't have to worry about hitting other cars. Also, some ppl have other problems and they need to open the door up all the way and need to slowly get out.. no, not fun but they still need to go shopping..
that's all

dollydoo
07-07-2007, 01:24 PM
I really do not enjoy when people reply to a thread just to say it is ridiculous. You just read all the replies and replied yourself and that makes you a hypocrite. Just my 2 cents. lol:) (not just you dollydo people do it ALL the time)

My friend couldn't walk when she was pregnant and she still lost her baby.:rolleyes: This is an extreme example but I am starting to get PO'ed with everyone saying exercise is always best. Not when you are underweight or have certain medical conditions. But it is so easy for any of us to judge someone when we have never been through what they have been through right? Of course it is!

It is really sad how a nice gesture to make pregnant womans lives easier becomes this? Like what is wrong with you people? lol

Let the preggers have their damn spaces. They didn't make them and if they were intended for anything, but pregnant women or women with small children it would say so. If you have a problem with that take it up with their creator and maintainer.

I think it's funny how mommyd you replied yourself. :rofl: But anyways everyone has there own opinions on this subject. Also last time I checked Superstore does deliveries for groceries in case you can't get that parking spot.:rofl: No one will agree on anything when it comes to discussion topics on isaintjohn.com some people will agree with one view and someone else will agree with someone else that is why this site is really good for debaters.

As for the parking spots don't get your panties in a bunch ladies. Park a little bit farther and get over it.:eek:

ASortaSweetart
07-07-2007, 01:43 PM
I think it's funny how mommyd you replied yourself. :rofl: But anyways everyone has there own opinions on this subject. Also last time I checked Superstore does deliveries for groceries in case you can't get that parking spot.:rofl:
The fact that they deliver groceries has nothing to do with what point I was making?

And the message was posted by me and not mommyd?

Anyways at least you managed to amuse yourself (thats a lot of laughing little smile faces:))

dollydoo
07-07-2007, 01:50 PM
My bad...Hahahhahaha i was reading them both. N E ways yes i did amuse myself with all this useless information about parking. It was fun but now im bored peace

dale & barb
07-10-2007, 10:25 AM
i may be wrong, but i could've sworn a little excercise is good for a pregnant mother. a little walking isn't gonna kill you.

dale

babydoll101
07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
i may be wrong, but i could've sworn a little excercise is good for a pregnant mother. a little walking isn't gonna kill you.

dale

Not if you are swollen like the Pillsburry (sp?) Doughboy like I am. I have to go to the grocery store and sometimes when I am done it kills me. I am glad for those spaces. Makes it alot easier on me.

ASortaSweetart
07-10-2007, 12:16 PM

dale

My friend couldn't walk when she was pregnant....
.....Not when you are underweight or have certain medical conditions.
:)
If you have never been told by your doctor to stay off your feet as much as possible while pregnant that is excellent you must have had a healthy and normal pregnancy(I am sure there are exceptions, but this is an example). Not everyone is as lucky as you (you in general...not you as in dale:))

And not everyone can avoid doing things such as picking up their own groceries, prescriptions, items for other children, etc. The spaces are great when people take care of one another and not advantage. As in if you do not need it do not use it, if you need it and it's there take it.

If I saw a pregger lady struggling with groceries I would offer my help, so I surely do not mind giving up the first few spaces to her.

dale & barb
07-12-2007, 04:39 PM
i think it's funny that these pregnant women are complaining about walking an extra 17 steps to get in the store, but have no problem walking around for an hour or two!

dale

catherine130
07-13-2007, 07:57 AM
I think that a lot of people here are complaining about the ignorance of some people in this city. Parking spots for pregnant women and women with small children have been set up as a courtesy to make their lives just a little bit easier at a time when they could really use that little break. If this doesn't apply to you and never has then keep your nose out of business that isn't yours and your car out of parking spots that you don't need. Simple as that, problem solved. Have a some respect and kindness for others, you never know when you might need a little in your life.

mommyd
07-13-2007, 08:21 AM
i think it's funny that these pregnant women are complaining about walking an extra 17 steps to get in the store, but have no problem walking around for an hour or two!

dale

Just because you're going to a grocery store doesn't mean you're going to be there for that long.
But like i said before, my pelvis really hurt when i walked.. so those 17 steps of just straight walking would be really painful. But while in the grocery store you're stopping and can walk as slow as you need and whatnot.
Why can't we all just agree to disagree.

t-bone
07-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Parking spots for pregnant women and women with small children have been set up as a courtesy to make their lives just a little bit easier at a time when they could really use that little break. Have a some respect and kindness for others, you never know when you might need a little in your life.

Right On!! Those spots are a courtesy that the store/mall owners have extended. It is a courtesy that I respect. I am lucky enough to have good health and I don't mind walking the extra few steps to make life a little easier for someone in need. For those that don't respect those spots, well, there is nothing I can do about that, I only have control of myself.(barely)

I have a theory on why this thread has generated so much discussion. It is my opinion that a lot of Saint Johner's hate to see anyone get ahead. In their small minded view of the world, no one should get anything that they didn't get.

People in Saint John really try to hold one another back in a lot of areas. This parking spot discussion is a perfect example. Instead of a live and let live attitude, this city has a scew you mentality. It is apparent from the city council chambers on down to the parking lot of the Wal-Mart.

ASortaSweetart
07-13-2007, 09:30 AM
People in Saint John really try to hold one another back in a lot of areas. This parking spot discussion is a perfect example. Instead of a live and let live attitude, this city has a scew you mentality. It is apparent from the city council chambers on down to the parking lot of the Wal-Mart.

That was a very powerful post T-Bone and very intriguing. I see what you mean.

But can posting boards imitate real life? For some sure, and those are the really good forum members you get to know and stick around, but some people get kicks out of going onto forums and posting things for the sake of getting someone more sensitive or who takes isaintjohn more seriously upset. Then there are ones who bait the hook and wait under the bridge for someone to disagree with them....

I am not sure of the answer myself. I just know that some people I know for a fact I have met in life and then encountered on a posting board---well they were very nice in person, but their views on the board were out of whack with who I thought they were. (Not here, another forum)

But is it when you feel true anonymity that your real character shows or are you just dabbling into a "darker" side. Or maybe you are still yourself and still caring, polite, human. I think that could reveal a little bit (if not a lot) about a person.

sanstang
07-14-2007, 08:54 AM
never had these 'special' spots when I was expecting. Still had to do the shopping and all those things and lived through it. People are really expecting to be handled with kid gloves of late. Look around you and tell me if you really think that walking a few extra steps is a bad thing. If you have listened to the news of late we are one of the most obese countries in the world. And walking while preggy is a GOOD thing. If you aren't supposed to walk what the heck are you doing at the mall anyway? There is always someone out there to do your shopping. Get let off at the door if it is just more convenient. Really ladies, the generations before us survived quite well an I think the rest will too. Give it a rest and take what you can get. As for going to the mall with a slew of unruly children - one thing I can say about that: LEAVE THEM HOME!

beckettjag
07-14-2007, 10:03 AM
So you expect me to be a shut in.They probably didn't have the vetran courtesy parking in your day either it's what most posters are talking about.It's about courtesy not whether it is owed.Read the other posts in some pregnancy's walking a couple steps is painful(as in mine) so if I want to get out of the house for an hour,since I've been stuck taking it easy, the parking at the superstore makes it alittle more bareable for me.I honestly don't care about your pregnancy and if you had complications or not and if they had it in your day or not.I'm pregnant and I have complications so it benefits me.Maybe if you had been in mine or ome of the other moms position everybody's negative attitude would be different.Instead nobody on this thread is showing any empathy before shouting there opinion, you can hurt peoples feelings even though this is just the internet nd people feel entitled to spout whatever they feel they can.
End Rant LOL

MezMaRi
07-14-2007, 10:13 AM
I have been pregnant and I was very capable of walking. I agree with parking spots for woman or men with multiple small children but for prego's. Get off your butt and start walking. Its great excersise and I kept very fit while pregnant. My doctor agreed that pregnancy parking has dillusioned many women. Saint John has a lot of complainers." Oh I cant walk I have this wrong with me my , oh I cant walk my that hurts". Of COURSE people on this forum are gonna say booooo hoooo on me I cant walk give me a parking space. I dont see the benefit of the space and i really have no interest in obeying them. If i have small children with me your damn right im gonna park in the prego spot. Its a lot hard to take 3 small children, one in a car seat to the mall than waddle your pregnant self to the front doors of wal mart. NO ONE can say exersise is bad :)

Whoever said get dropped off at the front door is right :)

ASortaSweetart
07-14-2007, 10:17 AM
I have been pregnant and I was very capable of walking. I agree with parking spots for woman or men with multiple small children but for prego's. Get off your butt and start walking. Its great excersise and I kept very fit while pregnant. My doctor agreed that pregnancy parking has dillusioned many women. Saint John has a lot of complainers." Oh I cant walk I have this wrong with me my , oh I cant walk my that hurts". Of COURSE people on this forum are gonna say booooo hoooo on me I cant walk give me a parking space. I dont see the benefit of the space and i really have no interest in obeying them. If i have small children with me your damn right im gonna park in the prego spot. Its a lot hard to take 3 small children, one in a car seat to the mall than waddle your pregnant self to the front doors of wal mart. NO ONE can say exersise is bad :)

Says who? You. Maybe because you are on the other side of the fence?

So you are saying you use these spaces, then what's the problem? Obviously you must not object to them being in existence.

beckettjag
07-14-2007, 10:23 AM

Well maybe they should drop you off at the front door with your three kids or like another poster ignorantly replied that you should leave them at home...how does that make you feel when somebody makes a comment like that....probably pretty small like you are mking some women who are in pain on this site feel.Even though you've had kids you should have some empathy for other women instead of joining the men and other none :pregos" in attacking soon to be moms.

Tania
07-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Oh lordy I've been following this post for awhile now and have now come to a point where I want to comment.

I have been pregnant 3 times. Sure I had aches and pains and such but I still walked. I find it 100 times harder trying to get these three kids out of the car and into the store safely come days so I DO USE THE PREGGO parking.. I don't abuse it and ONLY use it when I have the three of them.

And not all women NEED these parking spots when they're pregnant and they are a curtosy but I as most pregnant women know it is healthy to be walking while pregnant unless some horrible reason you shouldn't then the Pregnant parking is needed. I think this is an unnecessary topic and has gone way out of control.

People are not going to stop parking there because of this thread and it's not against the law to park in the preggo parking space.. Case closed so why get all upset at other posters. Everyone has their opinion and that's mine..

Now kiss and make up everyone :o

beckettjag
07-14-2007, 12:07 PM
If moms all spent half as much time supporting each other as we do criticizing each other I think we would all be a lot happier and productive.

ASortaSweetart
07-14-2007, 12:17 PM
If moms all spent half as much time supporting each other as we do criticizing each other I think we would all be a lot happier and productive.Such a good point!

And I imagine hormones during pregnancy could make you agitated over even more trivial things! So I think we should keep that into consideration (I am not calling you a raving loon by any means and I am not saying your opinion is not important because you may fulled a tiny bit by hormones- I just think sometimes everyone could be a little more compassionate and forgiving.)

Sometimes we may forget what it was like to be pregnant...hard to imagine for you hun cause I think you said you are only coming to the end of a long pregnancy.

I hope none of you would treat a pregnant woman in person with as much disrespect that as gone on in this thread, but I doubt that you would. The internet adds 10 feet to our ego sometimes.:o

dollydoo
07-14-2007, 03:33 PM
never had these 'special' spots when I was expecting. Still had to do the shopping and all those things and lived through it. People are really expecting to be handled with kid gloves of late. Look around you and tell me if you really think that walking a few extra steps is a bad thing. If you have listened to the news of late we are one of the most obese countries in the world. And walking while preggy is a GOOD thing. If you aren't supposed to walk what the heck are you doing at the mall anyway? There is always someone out there to do your shopping. Get let off at the door if it is just more convenient. Really ladies, the generations before us survived quite well an I think the rest will too. Give it a rest and take what you can get. As for going to the mall with a slew of unruly children - one thing I can say about that: LEAVE THEM HOME!

I agree get off at the door thats even closer. Then you can take a breath while you wait for your cart or whomever is with you. As for not having anyone to help you where is the guy who knocked you up?????? I know my mother didn't have these spots as alot of mothers didn't. She managed and so did my grandmother back in the days when it was normal to have like 9 kids so if you were not ready to take on the responsibility of carrying a child and having a child why did you get prego?? I know Income Assistance isn't that much. When I found out I was Prego I didn't rely on spots or anything and i had a hard pregnancy.The guy who got me knocked up was still around but i was independant so if he ever did leave I could do things myself. So thats my point. Again.

beckettjag
07-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I agree get off at the door thats even closer. Then you can take a breath while you wait for your cart or whomever is with you. As for not having anyone to help you where is the guy who knocked you up?????? I know my mother didn't have these spots as alot of mothers didn't. She managed and so did my grandmother back in the days when it was normal to have like 9 kids so if you were not ready to take on the responsibility of carrying a child and having a child why did you get prego?? I know Income Assistance isn't that much. When I found out I was Prego I didn't rely on spots or anything and i had a hard pregnancy.The guy who got me knocked up was still around but i was independant so if he ever did leave I could do things myself. So thats my point. Again.

So everyone that's pregnant or shops without tere husband is on income assistance?ok yeah right

MezMaRi
07-14-2007, 07:57 PM
The spots didnt exist when my grandmother had 5 children all different ages. Or my mother with my brother and I. I think the spots are more suited for mothers with many children and for some mothers NOT taking your children with you is impossible. I have 1 child she comes EVERYWHERE with me...but when your pregnant you need excersise. Bottom line. Women who have problems while pregnant shouldnt have Special spots made for them. Its sillyness. Just as silly as no peanut butter in schools because 1 child may be allergic. Sorry to burst people's bubble's but all this special treatment is teaching our children negative habits!

sanstu
07-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I have to agree that this thread has gotten way out of hand. When you are pregnant you have achs and pains. You gain weight, ( in my case I gained a lot of weight, food tastes sooooo... good when you're pregnant!lol) the position of the baby may be very uncomfortable,your hormones have you crying one minute and laughing the next minute, well you get my point.One thing that used to make me feel very special, (aside from my husband going to 10 different stores in search of white jumbo freezees, in the middle of winter, hehehe)was that my husband would drop me off at the door when out shopping, and when we were done he would get the car and pick me up at the door. I didn't need a "special" parking spot to make me feel special, my husband made me feel special.
Just thought I'd share this.

MezMaRi
07-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Awww very well said Santsu :) exactly the little boost we all needed

babydoll101
07-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Ok after reading this thread and reading about the people that think there shouldn't be any spots available just for pregnant woman. I have made my mind to NOT use the stupid spots and walk as much as I can. Afterall walking is great during pregnancy!!!!! So many people in Saint John think so!!!! Unbelievable!!!

richunclepennywise
07-15-2007, 09:19 AM
I think they should have special spots upfront for single guys to park close to the doors. Single guys are usually in a hurry and don't want to have to walk very far to the door. Plus then they won't have to park in the firelanes and on crosswalks.

for those who will respond angerly....this is just sarcasm. :D

t_s_cb
07-15-2007, 10:47 AM
haha..you guy's are too funny..i use stork parking and i'm not preganat..i even use it when i'm out without my daughter..lol..who really cares..obviously not me..

sanstu
07-15-2007, 11:55 AM
haha..you guy's are too funny..i use stork parking and i'm not preganat..i even use it when i'm out without my daughter..lol..who really cares..obviously not me..

It is one thing not to have respect for others, but to not have respect for yourself is just sad. Totally without class!:rolleyes:

Mandi
07-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Disgusting false sense of entitlement you have there. I hope it comes back to bite you in the ass. HARD.

stripekv
07-15-2007, 01:20 PM
I view those pregnancy parking spots as a regular parking spot. If one is open I'll park there. If not, big deal. I'll park somewhere else and walk. If they make them illegal to park in for those that aren't pregnant, I'll stop parking there. Until they do, I'm going to continue parking there.

kaj27
07-15-2007, 02:41 PM
I view those pregnancy parking spots as a regular parking spot. If one is open I'll park there. If not, big deal. I'll park somewhere else and walk. If they make them illegal to park in for those that aren't pregnant, I'll stop parking there. Until they do, I'm going to continue parking there.

Wow, I've heard of narrow minded people but.

Have the cake!

http://atkinsfarms.com/store/media/cake-8inch.jpg

katzndawgs
07-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Wow, I've heard of narrow minded people but.

Have the cake!

http://atkinsfarms.com/store/media/cake-8inch.jpg

Cake! Please don't feed the trolls!

t_s_cb
07-15-2007, 03:20 PM
So here's my point of view..It's a friggen parking spot you guy's are all fighting over..Just get over it and live life...There's not enough time in life to argue who's supossed to park where..

stripekv
07-15-2007, 03:31 PM
So here's my point of view..It's a friggen parking spot you guy's are all fighting over..Just get over it and live life...There's not enough time in life to argue who's supossed to park where..

It's Saint John!! They will complain about anything from pregnant parking spots to a patch of grass missing on a lawn! It's what they do best!

t_s_cb
07-15-2007, 03:53 PM
It's Saint John!! They will complain about anything from pregnant parking spots to a patch of grass missing on a lawn! It's what they do best!

Lmao..I know and it's too funny..Like c'mon people..

beckettjag
07-15-2007, 05:06 PM
I swore that whatever I read today I wouldn't post a reply no matter how obnoxious some comments were.But your all hypocrites you keep saying that we should quit whining about a parking spot, but you repeatedly keep replying so obviously you find it just as important as the rest of us as you all took the time to post negative comments about fellow citizens of this city.I'm sure that everyone who has cast a stone in this thread also has little things in their life they complain about that is not important to me but is important to them.Why do people in this city go out of their way to bring other people down.Did none of your parents ever teach you that if you have nothing nice to say then keep your mouth shut.

stripekv
07-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Did none of your parents ever teach you that if you have nothing nice to say then keep your mouth shut.

I guess your parents didn't teach you that ;)

ASortaSweetart
07-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Lmao..I know and it's too funny..Like c'mon people..
You both are complaining about people complaining. Do you know how much more lame that is?

Sorry, but you opened yourself up for that one.

Also you two proved the initial point of the first poster as well as all of us who repeatedly typed that they are courtesy and only work when people are courteous to one another. You have proven that people often are not and thus where the post began.

So I guess it could end here where it started. ;)

Thank you and goodnight.

beckettjag
07-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I guess your parents didn't teach you that ;)

Yours either we are even then ;)

JulieHebert
07-15-2007, 05:17 PM
The ignorant people that are responding rudely to the thread should be ashamed of yourself I hope something happens to you and are treated equally as nasty as you are treating and saying mean stuff to and about women that are pregnant. I was the one that started the thread because I was mad and couldn't believe how disrespectful some people can be and as for the person the asked "where the man was that knocked you up was" and why they couldn't cart you around ....NEWS FLASH Most men that are going to be dads do work ..... also some girls don't have the luxury to have the guy around, And shouldn't be judged for it. But I guess people have nothing better to do then judge other people to make their own life look good, But keep in mind that if you judge other people then you will be judged to. I was pregnant when i started this thread and now i have my beautiful daughter also i take my son everywhere with me to, so it is hard to take both children with me but i also manage and not all people can just leave their kids at home,So people should really think before they respond with unrealistic comments.
Plus I really don't care if the spots weren't there years ago the point is that they are here now and are not meant for the people that are just to stupid to read the sign or just don't care about anyone but themselves.

ASortaSweetart
07-15-2007, 05:19 PM
I guess your parents didn't teach you that ;)Stop bickering with a pregnant woman, are you really that bored? Why don't you go find a lawn missing that patch of grass and sit on it till you think of something useful to say.
:biggrin:

If you are a man I hope you wake up pregnant VOODOO VODOO VODOOOOOOOOOOOOO ~~~~~~~

beckettjag
07-15-2007, 05:28 PM
If you are a man I hope you wake up pregnant VOODOO VODOO VODOOOOOOOOOOOOO ~~~~~~~

LOL LOL LOL I tell my hubby that all the time....too funny

sanstu
07-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Stop bickering with a pregnant woman, are you really that bored? Why don't you go find a lawn missing that patch of grass and sit on it till you think of something useful to say.
:biggrin:

Totally cracked me up!!!!!!!:rofl: :rofl:
The spaces in question operate as an "on your honour" system! I guess there are a few posters to this thread that are less than honourable.

t_s_cb
07-15-2007, 07:06 PM
The ignorant people that are responding rudely to the thread should be ashamed of yourself I hope something happens to you and are treated equally as nasty as you are treating and saying mean stuff to and about women that are pregnant. I was the one that started the thread because I was mad and couldn't believe how disrespectful some people can be and as for the person the asked "where the man was that knocked you up was" and why they couldn't cart you around ....NEWS FLASH Most men that are going to be dads do work ..... also some girls don't have the luxury to have the guy around, And shouldn't be judged for it. But I guess people have nothing better to do then judge other people to make their own life look good, But keep in mind that if you judge other people then you will be judged to. I was pregnant when i started this thread and now i have my beautiful daughter also i take my son everywhere with me to, so it is hard to take both children with me but i also manage and not all people can just leave their kids at home,So people should really think before they respond with unrealistic comments.
Plus I really don't care if the spots weren't there years ago the point is that they are here now and are not meant for the people that are just to stupid to read the sign or just don't care about anyone but themselves.

O.K First of all I thought this thread was quite the interesting topic until it just kept getting drug on and on..So that's why I pit my input as to who cares anymore..And now doesn't this comment make you just as bad, considering you're wishing something nasty to happen to us? Not once did we say that we hoped something would happen to you. We're just saying it's a parking spot so get the heck over it!! C'est la vie

JulieHebert
07-15-2007, 08:39 PM
O.K First of all I thought this thread was quite the interesting topic until it just kept getting drug on and on..So that's why I pit my input as to who cares anymore..And now doesn't this comment make you just as bad, considering you're wishing something nasty to happen to us? Not once did we say that we hoped something would happen to you. We're just saying it's a parking spot so get the heck over it!! C'est la vie

I was saying that something to happen so you understand just how bad some people have it for example how much it hurts to walk an extra 17 steps and it is easy enough to say "just get over it" but it is different if it is you that is in pain and have a hard time walking. But i do agree that it has gone to a different level with this thread as the original point was that some people are disrespectful and now people are talking about peanut butter in schools so it is true it has been taken a bit far. But no matter what everyone has their opinion and whether everyone wants to agree with it or not.
People just have to sit back and think if they would like to be treated the way they treat some people. ( being disrespectful and taking a parking spot the really isn't meant for them)

babydoll101
07-16-2007, 07:15 AM
I was saying that something to happen so you understand just how bad some people have it for example how much it hurts to walk an extra 17 steps and it is easy enough to say "just get over it" but it is different if it is you that is in pain and have a hard time walking. But i do agree that it has gone to a different level with this thread as the original point was that some people are disrespectful and now people are talking about peanut butter in schools so it is true it has been taken a bit far. But no matter what everyone has their opinion and whether everyone wants to agree with it or not.
People just have to sit back and think if they would like to be treated the way they treat some people. ( being disrespectful and taking a parking spot the really isn't meant for them)

I absolutely agree!!!. Very well said. This is the whole point. No one knows just how hard someone has it or just how much they are hurting until they experience it themselves. I learnt this when my daughter was in the hospital for almost a month. I never took the time to look around the hospital and realize that people are there not only for appointments and blood tests etc. I was there everyday by my daughters bedside and when I went downstairs I started to notice that their are other people in the same position I was in.
So for the people who are complaining that it is just a parking spot you don't know just how important it is to some people!!!

dollydoo
07-16-2007, 09:30 PM
I think they should have special spots upfront for single guys to park close to the doors. Single guys are usually in a hurry and don't want to have to walk very far to the door. Plus then they won't have to park in the firelanes and on crosswalks.

for those who will respond angerly....this is just sarcasm. :D

But however it is true also. Maybe because my best friend has an animal with her she should get a doggy spot or perhaps all the single ladies and men could get their own spots, then lets talk about spots for the gay. Its a privledge not a courtesy.

Also as for pain. Let me tell you about my best friend who's legs were bigger than balloons who couldn't wear normal shoes without the fat hanging over them. Push on her leg and your thumb print stayed. Pain she had it all the time but if we wanted to go get groceries or shop i would drop her off at the door or walk with her. She waited until she really needed something to go shop. Also she would walk those extra steps because she didnt walk alot in the day. Also she worked everyday until she was 8 months or so. She had pain and your all bashing her because of a damn parking spot??? Everyone has different pain and like i said its a privledge not a courtesy. Last time i checked priveldges were something that you lost if you were rude or mean as a child and that is what your acting like a child. Maybe its the hormones or being a preggo. Also i was the one who said where is the guy who knocked you up?? you replied with
NEWS FLASH Most men that are going to be dads do work ..... also some girls don't have the luxury to have the guy around, And shouldn't be judged for it.

NEWS FLASH: They don't work 24/7. You can do shopping on days off you dont need to go everyday and the ones who dont have the guy should have thought about opening her legs before she had sex with a guy who wasn't going to be around.

JulieHebert
07-17-2007, 11:06 PM
But however it is true also. Maybe because my best friend has an animal with her she should get a doggy spot or perhaps all the single ladies and men could get their own spots, then lets talk about spots for the gay. Its a privledge not a courtesy.

Also as for pain. Let me tell you about my best friend who's legs were bigger than balloons who couldn't wear normal shoes without the fat hanging over them. Push on her leg and your thumb print stayed. Pain she had it all the time but if we wanted to go get groceries or shop i would drop her off at the door or walk with her. She waited until she really needed something to go shop. Also she would walk those extra steps because she didnt walk alot in the day. Also she worked everyday until she was 8 months or so. She had pain and your all bashing her because of a damn parking spot??? Everyone has different pain and like i said its a privledge not a courtesy. Last time i checked priveldges were something that you lost if you were rude or mean as a child and that is what your acting like a child. Maybe its the hormones or being a preggo. Also i was the one who said where is the guy who knocked you up?? you replied with
NEWS FLASH Most men that are going to be dads do work ..... also some girls don't have the luxury to have the guy around, And shouldn't be judged for it.

NEWS FLASH: They don't work 24/7. You can do shopping on days off you dont need to go everyday and the ones who dont have the guy should have thought about opening her legs before she had sex with a guy who wasn't going to be around.

Ok so i guess now you are just being plain ignorant.....And as far as acting like a child I guess you might want to grow up yourself since you seem to like to insult people so much and learn some manners and respect for other people.Oh and by the way if you actually read before you posted I'm not pregnant anymore and I still think you are ignorant.So you might want to learn some manners.

ASortaSweetart
07-18-2007, 10:03 AM
I'll admit I didn't even read your whole post. I got to the part where you said people who are gay should have their own spots and decided to stop.

Are you homophobic or something?

I dunno I think the comparison you made is pretty silly. I am not going to bother reading the rest of your post because I don't want to get really irate and write a really long reply because honestly this thread is just out of hand at this point. You are beating a dead horse.

And the parking spaces are a courtesy. That's what they are. Deal with it.

Why can't people handle that some things are there to make life easier for someone other than themselves?

dollydoo
07-21-2007, 01:57 PM
I'll admit I didn't even read your whole post. I got to the part where you said people who are gay should have their own spots and decided to stop.

Are you homophobic or something?

I dunno I think the comparison you made is pretty silly. I am not going to bother reading the rest of your post because I don't want to get really irate and write a really long reply because honestly this thread is just out of hand at this point. You are beating a dead horse.

And the parking spaces are a courtesy. That's what they are. Deal with it.

Why can't people handle that some things are there to make life easier for someone other than themselves?

What makes you think im homophobic?? Someone else in this post said that they should have spaces for single guys ext. So i said why not give a space for everyone. Everyone can have their own but like you said you didnt read the post so that just makes you look like a bonehead. Peace. Anyways get over the parking spot julie and move on.

ASortaSweetart
07-21-2007, 02:06 PM
You sound like a bonehead dear because you said there should parking spaces for gay people.

How does that not sound homophobic? I do not really care if you are or not I do not know you or have any idea who you are. It's just taking it too far and the guy who posted about a parking space for single guys was acknowledging that without being so discriminating. Single guys can also be gay.

For one thing gay people can be pregnant. Pregnancy is universal.

I don't think Julie is the one who needs to get over it.

dollydoo
07-21-2007, 02:15 PM
You sound like a bonehead dear because you said there should parking spaces for gay people.

How does that not sound homophobic? I do not really care if you are or not I do not know you or have any idea who you are. It's just taking it too far and the guy who posted about a parking space for single guys was acknowledging that without being so discriminating. Single guys can also be gay.

For one thing gay people can be pregnant. Pregnancy is universal.

I don't think Julie is the one who needs to get over it.

Who really cares. I would love to see a guy pregnant :rofl: .. I didnt say anything about being discriminating. I have gay people in my family so for you to ASSume that i am a homophobic is your problem. No body really cares anymore if your gay straight black or white. I think it's funny this whole thread its so fun making you all freak out over a damn parking spot. Too funny everyone needs to lighten up its a parking spot if its available park there if not suck it up princess.

ASortaSweetart
07-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Alrighty you are getting a little confused. I am not attacking your personally. And I am not talking about gay men...what about gay women?

And princess I am not upset. You called me a bonehead and I am going to reply to that.

I was just making a point by saying your statement made you sound homophobic. Sorry to have made an example out of you, but it wasn't anything personal. I do not really about a parking space, I did care you called me a bonehead and now an ASS. but I do not really care anymore. Calling me names is just a way to try to belittle my opinion.

Learn how to take your own advice and let it go.

ASortaSweetart
07-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I am sorry though dollydoo I realize my previous posts come off rude or icy, but I apologize. It's nothing personal and it's going too far. I respect you are not homophobic, I am very accepting of a person's sexuality as well.

I guess my comment was in regards to the way the thread was so out of context at that point and maybe I was a little grumpy to begin with. Maybe I am a bonehead sometimes, I know I am not perfect. :-)

babydoll101
07-21-2007, 02:52 PM
OH sweetart don't appologize dollydoo doo deserved it.

t_s_cb
07-21-2007, 03:02 PM
OH sweetart don't appologize dollydoo doo deserved it.

who's the SWEET ART?? and who's DOLLYDOO DOO??lol i thought it was just dollydoo

Cherry Pop
07-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Ok I'm not going to be popular here and I wasn't going to respond to this thread but here goes... I don't believe in the pregnacy parking spots. Being pregnant does not make one disabled. I believe in disability parking for those who do have a harder time getting around due to health or physical problems. If someone who is pregnant has a difficult pregnancy than they should get a disabled parking sign. When I was pregnant there were not pregnancy parking spots. Woman complain about how bad pregnancy is, myself included until I got sick and had to have surgery. Trust me, ladies having surgery and recovering hurts way more than having a baby and is alot harder to get around than when you're pregnant. Plus most surgeries people have don't qualify for disable parking so if someone like me who had surgery can walk a few extra feet so can a pregnant lady. That's my opinion!

ASortaSweetart
07-21-2007, 03:30 PM
who's the SWEET ART?? and who's DOLLYDOO DOO??lol i thought it was just dollydoo
No, not SWEET ART
sweetart
as in sweet tart but Sweetart looks and sounds better online.....

ASortaSweetart
kinda sweet, kinda sour- like me!
The caps at the beginning of the name would imply where the emphasis should be. I do not know if I would go so far as it call it a play on words, but whatever it is, I like it.:) Oh i fancy myself quite clever i do.

Fighting over a parking space thread is just not worth it is all. It's not like I created these spaces and need to defend their honor. I said my piece and I just wanted to end it there.

Although I'd like to say.
People die everyday. The sky is blue. Cows say Moo. The wind makes the trees sway. Water runs downhill. I like my prescribed happy pills.
The end.

dollydoo
07-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Thank you. Enough about these spots. Cherry pop i agree with you. So lets all agree to disagree with this subject.
I'm so glad that isaintjohn is online and not a debate team like in harbour station because we would probably kill each other with our own opinions. LOL:rofl: Just imagine if this post was in person imagine all the crazy preggos would be flipping out or should i say pre preggos. Congrats on the baby by the way.

Anyways enough about parking spots anything good in the news or anything???

ASortaSweetart
07-21-2007, 04:03 PM
LOL and in person debate.
All I'd have to say is Ladies leave the rings, weaves, and acrylic nails at home.
(I can picture hair flying and no good can come of the other things either).
I am just being silly. I have had extensions almost ripped out though and it's a real pisser.:biggrin:

pocketcatchers
07-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Perhaps a few tickets handed out by Saint JOhn's finest would be in order to straighten this situation up. That always seems to be a good reminder.

~Butterfly~
07-22-2007, 01:38 PM
reposted at end of thread

~Butterfly~
07-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow, I can't believe how crazy this post is. I was reading through it and couldn't believe how ignorant and rude some people are.

I am 36 years old. I have 2 children, and I have NEVER used stork parking, It wasn't around when I had my first child and I didn't feel I had the need for it for my second child, I either walked from a normal spot to the door, or got dropped off at the door when I was further along and had a hard time moving around but had Christmas shopping that needed to get done or something.

I am pregnant now again, I am only beginning my 2nd trimester.
I am quite petite, which makes it very awkward for me to carry a child as my torso is not a "reg" size. I also had part of my cervix removed due to cervical cancer, which means I will probably not carry full term because my cervix is not "reg" size, and will probably not be able to hold the baby for the course of a full term pregnancy.

With this being my 3rd child I am showing quite early. But not enough for people who don't know me to know I am pregnant, they probably just think I have a little "beer belly" or something.

This is my 5th pregnancy, we tried and lost 2 in the past couple of years.

My doctor(s) recommend I do NOT walk any distance, due to the stress and extra weight on my cervix. They would like me to stay home from work and lay on my back with my feet elevated for the remainder of this pregnancy (imagine, a doctor saying exercise is not good for you when your "knocked up" as the_dave so eloquently put it). I have also been in an accident, being struck by a drunk driver, which has left me with permanent inhuries to my lower back, middle back, and upper back. So this is an additional strain on this pregnancy.

Well, I have chosen to remain at work. Because I love my job, the people I work with and would go stir crazy laying on a couch with my feet up all day and night.

I also like to be independant and go to Wal-Mart, superstore etc. To pick things up when I need them and "the guy who knocked me up" is at work or busy doing something else.

I DO like the convience of the stork parking now, it allows me to not have to make a quick dart around the car that is backing up and not paying attention to who is walking behind it, as this is not that easy when you have an extra 20lbs on your belly, normally weigh 95lbs, and are barely 5ft tall.

The stork parking makes it easier for me to get in and out of the store quick without too many extra steps, or the dangers of cars backing up.

If it weren't for these parking spots the parking lots would be a dangerous place for me to be, laugh if you must, but you have no idea until you have walked a day in my cushioned sole shoes.

The stores didn't just wake up one day and say hey, let's put up some pretty pink signs that have a stork on them to pretty up our parking lot, there was some great consideration and thought put into it, one which I am eternally grateful for.

As for elderly people using these spots??? If they are old and have a disability then they should probably have a placard for a handicap spot, if they do and there are no handicap spots left, then by all means please use the stork parking. If they are just old then park somewhere else, and leave the courtesy spots for someone in which they are designated.

For those of you who think anyone should be able to park in these spots, and people who are "knocked up" should use regular spots like everyone else, you obviously do not see the whole picture and are too quick to judge take a step back and think before you speak. What if you or your wife/daughter/girlfriend/friend were in a similar situation as I am and needed a stork parking spot to go into WalMart to pick up a prescription and there wasn't one available because you were also there and took the stork parking, was struck by a car backing up because she wasn't able to move quickly to get out of the way, or moved to quickly and caused a miscarriage? Would you say oh well, maybe she should have stayed home? or maybe she should have had someone else go get her prescription?.....

I think there should be designated spots for "ignorant people" at the end of the lot, away from the parking lot lights where the predators can grab them easily and kick the snot out of them.

This thread isn't ridiculious, the ignorant people who replied to it are!!!

Now, I'm gonna go take my "lazy knocked up a$$" downstairs and get a pickle!!!
<!-- / message -->

Cherry Pop
07-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Sorry I still don't think they should have these spots and I'm definately not ignorant! If someone is having a difficult pregnancy as you discribed than they should apply for a handicap spot. I realize how difficult it is too get around. I've had twelve major surgeries now with another on the way! I'm really slow walking worse than a pregnant woman. I've almost been run over in parking lots and have been hit from behind with shopping carts as I'm walking to slow for the person! I don't get a special parking spot. I have to park where the rest of the people park that is why I can understand that although it's hard to get around, the only special spots should be disability spots. Again that's my opinion.

ASortaSweetart
07-23-2007, 08:30 AM
There must have been a need for these spots if they created them. Someone must have researched and lobbied for these spots. I am intrigued to find out the story behind them now.

I never realized the controversy involved in Stork Parking. It's quite interesting actually.

JustWatching
07-23-2007, 09:28 AM
This is my 5th pregnancy, we tried and lost 2 in the past couple of years.

My doctor(s) recommend I do NOT walk any distance, due to the stress and extra weight on my cervix. They would like me to stay home from work and lay on my back with my feet elevated for the remainder of this pregnancy (imagine, a doctor saying exercise is not good for you when your "knocked up" as the_dave so eloquently put it). I have also been in an accident, being struck by a drunk driver, which has left me with permanent inhuries to my lower back, middle back, and upper back. So this is an additional strain on this pregnancy.

Well, I have chosen to remain at work. Because I love my job, the people I work with and would go stir crazy laying on a couch with my feet up all day and night.

<!-- / message -->

I would agree that this is not the "normal" pregnancy that many people get to enjoy. Yours does seem to be almost (from what you've said) disabling. Again if the parking spots are there I would say, by all means, use them - but if not, then maybe you would be better off getting a disability tag.

I would have to add though that those few extra steps at the mall may or may not be as harmful to the pregnancy as not following the doctors recommendations and continuing to work.

catherine130
07-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I think there should be designated spots for "ignorant people" at the end of the lot, away from the parking lot lights where the predators can grab them easily and kick the snot out of them.

This thread isn't ridiculious, the ignorant people who replied to it are!!!

Now, I'm gonna go take my "lazy knocked up a$$" downstairs and get a pickle!!!
<!-- / message -->

LMAO you made my day, thanks Butterfly :) Now I want a pickle!

mommyd
07-23-2007, 06:12 PM
maybe you should stay home then?
or heck, lobby for 'ppl who have had surgeries yet not handicap enough for a placard to park in the handicap spots' parking spots.. that is probably how the stork parking spots came to be in the first place. Someone addressed what they thought was an issue, and apparently, it WAS an issue or they wouldn't have created the spots. For the ppl who are pregnant and feel the need to use them.. USE THEM.. for the ppl who aren't pregnant, never been pregnant and may/may not become pregnant who don't think they need to be there Don't Use them!
For the ppl that are pregnant or have been pregnant who don't think they should be there because you didn't need them (or even if you did but just thought it was below you to park in a spot that was designated to help you out) don't use them!
Are some of you people just so bitter about missing out on a potential spot closer to the store that these stork spaces are taking up or what?
Can we all just shut up about this subject already. I think it needs to be locked because this is getting ridiculous. We have come to the conclusion many times over now that some ppl don't think these spots should be around and others do think they need to be around and now we are just bickering at each other for no good cause.
Oh plus.. if every pregnant woman that feels they need a handicap spot went and applied for a card, then most likely a lot of them would get one.. and then what..all the handicap spots for handicapped ppl would be taken over. That could also be a reason they created these stork spots as well.

p.s. cherry pop, i was not trying to attack you personally because of your pain and suffering from these surgeries, i just thought it was a good example that just because you are suffering from something you had no choice over, doesn't make someone who had a choice in getting pregnant or not any less deserving of some help along the way of a painful/difficult pregnancy.

Sorry I still don't think they should have these spots and I'm definately not ignorant! If someone is having a difficult pregnancy as you discribed than they should apply for a handicap spot. I realize how difficult it is too get around. I've had twelve major surgeries now with another on the way! I'm really slow walking worse than a pregnant woman. I've almost been run over in parking lots and have been hit from behind with shopping carts as I'm walking to slow for the person! I don't get a special parking spot. I have to park where the rest of the people park that is why I can understand that although it's hard to get around, the only special spots should be disability spots. Again that's my opinion.

ASortaSweetart
07-23-2007, 07:59 PM
hee hee pickles.

Maybe if you ladies would have stayed away from pickles in the first place you wouldn't be in such a predicament!:rolleyes: :rofl:

I am just joking! :-):biggrin::D I wonder if this will get removed....:rolleyes:

The_Dave
08-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Ok, my girlfriend is almost 2 months pregnant. If we go shopping does that mean I get to park in the expectant Mother's parking spot if she is in the car with me?? Or would you prefer I leave that spot for an elderly couple so they do not have to walk as far. Remember there is no regulation on this. The only guideline is, you need to be pregnant.

sarahnb
08-02-2007, 08:58 PM
How about changing it to "family" parking? For those with infants and toddlers to make getting in and out of stores easier and safer. Those that are pregnant can use them as well.
I am sure those without children would have a complaint though.

mommyd
08-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Ok, my girlfriend is almost 2 months pregnant. If we go shopping does that mean I get to park in the expectant Mother's parking spot if she is in the car with me?? Or would you prefer I leave that spot for an elderly couple so they do not have to walk as far. Remember there is no regulation on this. The only guideline is, you need to be pregnant.

Aw crap dave, this topic was dead! lol I'm turning the instant notification off of this one. Oh and congrats to your gf.
Sarah, some places there's a pic of a stork on it, some places have signs with a picture of a family on it.

JulieHebert
08-02-2007, 09:44 PM

Actually the parking at Zellers is for parents with small kids or pregnant woman so I guess you can park there is she is with you also I think there is a few in other stores to .... I thought this thread was dead to but I guess it is all about to start again LOL Oh congrats on the new bundle of Joy

Cartersmom
08-02-2007, 11:36 PM
i think parking in the pregnancy spot when 2 months pregnant is milking it. Save it for the 8-9 months pg women who are uncomfortable.I am 2.5 months pg and I wouldnt dream of hogging the pg spot this early on.

The_Dave
08-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Cartersmom, I wouldn't dream of it either. All I would do is drop her at the door and go park somewhere and when we leave, I would go get the car and pick her up at the door.

Just wanted to see what people would say. I think they should have seniors parking, if anything.

mommyd
08-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Just wanted to see what people would say. I think they should have seniors parking, if anything.

yeah they probably should. But even then, you'd have able bodied seniors parking in them. I mean isnt 55 a senior? My mom is 54 and she has absolutely no problems, but my mother in law is a couple years younger and has had hip replacements and everything. Although, she has a handicap placard so i guess it wouldn't matter to her either way.

ASortaSweetart
08-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Congrats The_Dave!
Soon you'll be getting handouts too!!!:biggrin:
:rofl:
you know I am just teasing....

babydoll101
08-03-2007, 06:04 PM
i think parking in the pregnancy spot when 2 months pregnant is milking it. Save it for the 8-9 months pg women who are uncomfortable.I am 2.5 months pg and I wouldnt dream of hogging the pg spot this early on.

Congrats Cartersmom:biggrin: Get ready for the next loooong nine ( well 7 I guess) months. Thank the Lord you don't have to go through the last months in this summer. I had my last daughter last August. I don't remember it being like this summer. I am so uncomfortable this summer it is unbelievable. I can't waite for October to come. I am not enjoying this pregnancy at all.

t_s_cb
08-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Congrats The_Dave!

Haha brilliant..lol..:rofl: That was too funny

dollydoo
08-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Congrats Dave. Handouts LMAO......:rofl: To the one person who is dead against handouts..LOL:rofl:

The_Dave
08-04-2007, 09:17 AM
I was waiting for you folks to start the teasing on handouts. Hahahaha, Guess I deserve it. Talk about coming back to bite me in the butt, Ouch.

PS Anyone know where we can get milk tickets? Haha Just kidding

Thanks all for the congrats.

Shopkins
08-04-2007, 11:06 AM
I can understand where all of you mothers are coming from. People should not be taking advantage of those spots.... However what about the single people without kids and the people who can not have kids? They get no special treatment or special parking spots. The government doesn't give us extra money. :o)

The_Dave
08-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Shopkins,
welcome, I like your thinking, haha

magoosmomma
08-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Congrats The_Dave!
HAHAHAHAHAHA:rofl:

TreyLynn
08-06-2007, 08:18 AM
if you do some checking the person with the blue parking tag CAN park in the mothers parking spots. What gets me is when I am out with my mother, who has a hard time getting around, we see the preg. mothers parking in the BLUE spots. I didn't think that being preg was a disability.

mizunderstood
08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
in that case treylynn if u see it u should report it because parking in a blue space without a tag is illegal and can be enforced and towed.

TreyLynn
08-08-2007, 05:09 PM
yes and then after a few hours of waiting my mother will have a parking spot...I hate to say it but not worth the time.

mizunderstood
08-09-2007, 05:38 PM
it does not take long to have them there to remove the illegally towed car. I have done it. lol. But I understand it is a hassle and it goes back to the original point of this thread, inconsiderate people. end point.

Georgie
08-14-2007, 04:21 PM
It seems to me Doctors will tell there pregnant patients to get exercise at least when i was pregnant "4" times this is what my Dr. told me and way back then. There was no special parking,they say if you exercise you will have an easier delivery so pregnant ladies don't complain if you see an old fogy like me park in your spot. I agree with" The Dave"pregnant ladies should not have special privaliges if you are not able to walk to the store then stay at home and do your shopping on line. Sorry pregnant ladies but i had to voice my opinion.

Cartersmom
08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
SAme goes for you, Georgie. If you're too darn OLD to park in a spot further away, keep your butt at home and send soemone else to go for you! Sheesh. It's one freakin' spot.

And re: the seniors parking spots, you've got to be kidding! They outnumber us 5 to 1 already! We'd be parking 5kms away from the door if we let all the oldies have special spots.

leeleemom
08-17-2007, 07:50 PM
"pregnant ladies should not have special privileges if you are not able to walk to the store then stay at home and do your shopping on line."

What?????

I am sorry but I think that statement is a little over the top. It is just a couple of spots...what is the big deal. That is just like saying to the guy in the wheelchair or the woman with the walker.....if you are not able to walk to the store then stay at home and shop online!!

sarahnb
08-17-2007, 09:08 PM
It's the mentality of this city. Be bitter and angry.

HitByABus
08-20-2007, 10:30 AM
JulieHebert, Who are you to judge who is parking in these spots, anyway? You are not the first person to be pregnant and you certainly won't be the last. Had you read my post I said I didn't see anything wrong with a disabled person parking in one of these spaces if there was no disabled spaces available. If a disabled person is using the space it's not because they're lazy!!! So, suck it up buttercup, and walk the few extra steps. Exercise is not a bad thing.
What gets me about stork parking...Is the men who shoot the dirty looks to people who park there....Be a gentleman and drop your pregnant lady off at the door and go find a parking spot like the rest of us.....then after you are finished shopping go get the car and pick her up at the door......Man these young people today expect toooo much! And just another thought...I would like to see some of these girls have a baby the way we used to. You never saw anyone in labour a few years ago sitting there knitting while waiting to deliver....Sorry have no sympathy for people who have no problems with their pregnancy park like the rest of us and don't complain about abuse as far as I am concern the people who do not have health issues do not need this special parking!

catherine130
08-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Waaa waaa waaa sounds like we have a bunch of two year olds on here complaining about losing out on a couple of parking spaces close to the door at the local stores. If you really need the spot that bad to save your precious feet a few steps don't let a little common courtesy stop you from parking there. Good grief we have a lot of lazy and inconsiderate people in this city.

leeleemom
08-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't understand what all the complaining is about. The parking spots are there already FOR PREGNANT WOMAN OR NEW MOTHERS! So if you are not pregnant a new mommy(or daddy) then DON'T PARK THERE! Kinda that simple really. It is a few spots....what is the big deal? And yes they didn't have them before. And yes pregnant woman back then had to park like everyone else and walk. Good for all of you. But what is your point? They have 2 or 3 spots now as a nice courtesy just to make things a little easier. What is the big deal?????

patbez
12-14-2007, 01:58 PM
leeleemom, I completely agree.

There are spaces for disabled people & most people would never dare park in one if they are not disabled. If someone isn't disabled & does park in one, they get totally attacked for doing so...yet, it's somehow acceptable for people that are not pregnant to park in the expectant mother spaces?! That's absurd.

Some people here have said if a pregnant woman can't walk the extra steps to the mall/store than she shouldn't be out period....well, couldn't the same statement be said about some disabled people? I'm not saying that's my opinion, I'm simply taking the ball & running with it. If one statement holds true for one group of people, why not the other? I'm sure there are plenty of single, pregnant moms that HAVE to go out & do their own shopping & really appreciate being able to use that space. Just as their are people with mild disabilities who also appreciate getting to use the handicapped spaces.

Asking why pregnant woman would get such a privilege is silly. Almost all groups of people get certain privileges that others don't at some point in their life....the people who complain about pregnant woman getting spaces are just whiners, in my opinion. Every single one of us will either be pregnant, our significant other will be pregnant, or a family member or friend will be pregnant at some point in our lives. It's kind of like welfare. So many people complain about all the people on welfare & all of our taxpayers dollars going into it, but in almost every family there is someone that will need to be on welfare for a period of time. So aren't you just helping to take care of your own?

I also have to laugh at how someone could possibly complain that these spaces even exist & then admit they've used them wrongfully...apparently it was to your benefit to not have to walk as far to get into the mall, whatever the situation, but a pregnant woman is obviously just lazy [insert sarcasm].

FutureChief88
12-14-2007, 02:27 PM
I think there should be Old People Parking.. Personally..

mother of 4
12-14-2007, 09:17 PM
its not that us people with babys expect things handed to us but when you have small children its nice to be able to get to your car a little faster and easer when you have the baby spots and your hands are compleatly full and its really gold or raining out rember this is why the extra spots are there for us ........for examlpe.... my daughter was sitting in the van the other day with the baby and some person parked beside us and the lady tapped on her window and said shhhhhh i can pretend im pregent ...the lady was in her 50s my daughter said its people like that you just want to say something too!!!! so if your a mother with small kids then you understand why we have those spots for pregnant woman and little kids!!!sorry just had to vent a little...lol have a good night everyone :)

mamaceeta
01-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Y a know what????????? This site really proves how many ignorant people we truly have in Saint John!!!!!!!!!!
Really it comes down to each to their own.Everyone is intitled to their own opinions but somewhere one business started this curtisy for their pregnant customers and other business caught on and did the same.If the oviously, sucessful professionals in major chain companies think this is a must have in their parking lots well, it beats what someone like SANSTU THINKS(Very rude member)
Really who are you to judge someone elses condition!!If it were you that had many complications during pregnancy,as big as a house and your anckles could barley carry your weight, would you never go out of the house for the duration of your pregnancy?No, I bet you wouldn't,I bet you , you'd go out and shop and appreciate a vacant stork parking space.I'm not saying every pregnant woman feels this way but what about the ones that do? Because maybe you had a excellent pregnancy or you are male does this mean all pregnancies are alike?Think about that!!!!!

To many people are so quick to judge others circumstances but it is all to very differant when it comes to looking in their own backyard.
There are far werse things in the world that can be complained about by ignorant people, than damn pregnant parking!!!!!!!!!!!Really get a life.

FutureChief88
01-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Y a know what????????? This site really proves how many ignorant people we truly have in Saint John!!!!!!!!!!
Really it comes down to each to their own.Everyone is intitled to their own opinions but somewhere one business started this curtisy for their pregnant customers and other business caught on and did the same.If the oviously, sucessful professionals in major chain companies think this is a must have in their parking lots well, it beats what someone like SANSTU THINKS(Very rude member)
Really who are you to judge someone elses condition!!If it were you that had many complications during pregnancy,as big as a house and your anckles could barley carry your weight, would you never go out of the house for the duration of your pregnancy?No, I bet you wouldn't,I bet you , you'd go out and shop and appreciate a vacant stork parking space.I'm not saying every pregnant woman feels this way but what about the ones that do? Because maybe you had a excellent pregnancy or you are male does this mean all pregnancies are alike?Think about that!!!!!

To many people are so quick to judge others circumstances but it is all to very differant when it comes to looking in their own backyard.
There are far werse things in the world that can be complained about by ignorant people, than damn pregnant parking!!!!!!!!!!!Really get a life.

Wow.. Sensitive Much?

KRS
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't understand why they even have these spots. When I first saw them I was all like WTF?

You want to park closer to the doors because it's less to walk..then you get inside the mall and have to walk around anyway..when worse comes to worse you are saving maybe 200-300 steps?

Now when my wife was pregnant, I let her stay at home and make lists and I went out and did the deed.

rhiley_08j
01-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Wow.. Sensitive Much?

Maybe she's pregnant!! LOL:rofl: Might be a little testy, sometimes pregnant woman tend to get that way.;)

rhiley_08j
01-04-2008, 08:52 AM
I don't understand why they even have these spots. When I first saw them I was all like WTF?

You want to park closer to the doors because it's less to walk..then you get inside the mall and have to walk around anyway..when worse comes to worse you are saving maybe 200-300 steps?

Now when my wife was pregnant, I let her stay at home and make lists and I went out and did the deed.

Maybe they will start to let pregnant women use those electric scooters they have in Wal-Mart.

KRS
01-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Yah, or those cool new ones, segways or whatever they are called.

Except all the husbands would want to ride them and the wife would end up walking LOL

mamaceeta
01-04-2008, 09:26 AM
[quote=FutureChief88;196674]Wow.. Sensitive Much?[/quote
No, actually i'm am USUALLY pretty lade back and never have posted a comment on here befor.Just hate when people r ignorant. If you couldn't tell by the mess , I just had a baby and had a terribly preg.Anyway wasn't asking for a email war.xoxoxo:o

FutureChief88
01-04-2008, 09:29 AM
[quote=FutureChief88;196674]Wow.. Sensitive Much?[/quote
No, actually i'm am USUALLY pretty lade back and never have posted a comment on here befor.Just hate when people r ignorant. If you couldn't tell by the mess , I just had a baby and had a terribly preg.Anyway wasn't asking for a email war.xoxoxo:o

ans i wasnt giving you one.. just wondering what the problem was..

Yes Rhiley.. I am pregnant too.. I guess i am not that sensitive.. lol:rofl:

sanstu
01-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Perhaps mamacetta, when you have the time, go back and read my posts. If defending disabled parking,or if taking offence to comparing a pregnancy to a disability is troublesome to you then that's your issue. The spaces are a courtesy only, not law. No need to get your knickers in a twist! (BTW, name calling is not nice)

wookiee
01-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Perhaps mamacetta, when you have the time, go back and read my posts. If defending disabled parking,or if taking offence to comparing a pregnancy to a disability is troublesome to you then that's your issue. The spaces are a courtesy only, not law. No need to get your knickers in a twist! (BTW, name calling is not nice)

Yeah I think she was out of line ( pretty sure it was her hormones talking for her), but is entitle to her opinion though. But she needs to realize so is everyone else :)

Your right its a courtesy, not law. Some people like mamacetta must have a hard time understranding the difference.

It cracks me up that some people make a big deal out of stupied parking spaces...lol...give me a break!

lovebug
01-04-2008, 12:27 PM
I think there should be Old People Parking.. Personally..
lol agreed :rofl:

Shopkins
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Are people really that ignorant or lazy that they can't park in a normal parking spot and leave the expectant mother parking for those of us that are pregnant. I just got back from Walmart and I was coming out to my car and this older couple that had no kids in the car or a pregnant person with them was pulling out of the parking spot marked Expectant Mother Parking. This isn't the first time I have come across this, last week I was in Superstore on Thorne Ave and someone that had a wheelchair sign on the car was in the expectant mother parking as well. This really bothers me because at the mall is says also on the signs for parents with kids up to 6 months but yet you see a mother or father parking there with kids that are old enough to walk. I think it is rude and disrespectful, this is my second and to be totally honest i stopped parting there for my first when the baby was 6 months and never parked there again until I was 5 months pregnant and showing for this one. Because frankly if you aren't showing or have no health issues you shouldn't be parking there and leave it for someone that may need the spot worse then you. I would like to see if I am the only one that feels this way.Thanks

Hey Julie, Who would of thorught so many people had something to say about this. Let the Pregos and families have the spots.

jenn527
01-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I saw an older lady at Zellers West just about a week ago park in the preg spot, hang her handicap sign, and get out and go into the store. First off, if she hadve looked 2 spots behind her, and directly in front of the store door, she would have seen that there was a free handicap spot. Even though she had a cane, this REALLY bothered me, because women who are pregnant don't have a sign to park in the handicap spots !! Btw i am not pregnant, but I do have 2 kids and the really helped me when I was pregnant ! I just really wanted to get that off my chest ,because I don't think it's right, but I didn't want to say anything in case it started a fight, because you never know !! Thanks for reading, lol :)

sanstu
01-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks Wookiee, I felt mamacetta was a tad bit harsh. The funny thing is this thread is sooooo..... old I'm sure JulieHebert's baby will soon be going to school!lol(just kidding JH)(BTW, I know the thread isn't that old, it just feels like it is!)

FutureChief88
01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks Wookiee, I felt mamacetta was a tad bit harsh. The funny thing is this thread is sooooo..... old I'm sure JulieHebert's baby will soon be going to school!lol(just kidding JH)(BTW, I know the thread isn't that old, it just feels like it is!)

It's old enough!

When i saw the post.. i thought Uh-Oh! It's baaaaack

sanstu
01-04-2008, 03:45 PM
It's old enough!

When i saw the post.. i thought Uh-Oh! It's baaaaack
:rofl: OMG, I went back and checked, this thread is really old!!!!

sarahnb
01-04-2008, 03:49 PM
A better use of the pregnancy parking spots would be for families with preschoolers. It's difficult to navigate parking lots with little ones, especially more than one.

FutureChief88
01-04-2008, 03:55 PM
:rofl: OMG, I went back and checked, this thread is really old!!!!

I did afterward too.. WOW.. We need to move on!! HAHAHA:rofl:

esmith
01-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Wow people! Give the girl a break. There are ligitimate reasons to use those spaces and when you really need them and you see someone that obviously doen't need them it can kind of irk you. I personally never used them much when I was pregnant because I could walk fine and had no problems but I found them very convenient after having a c section and carrying a car seat. I think the issue was more about people being lazy and using the spots when they didn't need them rather that who was using them such as someone with a disability. Julie I understand where you are coming from, I to have been annoyed at someone using the spots inapproperiately even if I wasn't planning on parking in one myself. I don't like to see people parking in the handicaps spots when they don't need them either. It would be nice if people didn't try to take advantage of a good thing, that how things get taken away. Take care all and try not to get your panties in a bunch :)

JulieHebert
01-15-2008, 03:39 PM

LOL I can't believe this thread came back but my baby is 6 months so don't rush it, this thread will probably still be around when she goes to school LOL
Anyway the whole point of this thread to begin with is that the parking spots are there for pregnant women and there are people in the city that are not pregnant and to LAZY to park in the regular spots where they should be. I understand that they weren't always there and people got by without them but thats not the point. Sure there is other things to complain about but my biggest pet peeve is ignorant people and to me that is ignorant and rude, Especially if someone else could have used that spot.I see it all the time and it drives me crazy.
People don't have to get all Rude with each other about it everyone can have their own opinion and they can voice it and move on.

What else can we talk about :-)

babydoll101
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
A better use of the pregnancy parking spots would be for families with preschoolers. It's difficult to navigate parking lots with little ones, especially more than one.

Now that I've had my baby I agree with that. It is soooo hard to get all of your kids through that darn parking lot. Espicially when people are racing for a parking spot and look at you with a dirty look because you might be in their way!!! It would be nice to just have to walk a couple of steps to the door. And wow I can't believe it either that this thread is back from the grave!!! It was awful then:rofl:

rhiley_08j
01-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Then let it die. R.I.P. Pregnancy Parking thread.

inuit
01-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I'd like to know when being pregnant became a handicap requiring special parking spaces I had 2 children in 11 months so yes I do know the discomfort and inconvenience of lugging around 2 small children strollers change bags and all this without special parking spaces

JulieHebert
01-15-2008, 07:04 PM
ok again No more

sanstu
01-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Holy hotdog, it's just a parking spot. It's a courtesy. If one's open park there(if you're preggers) If there are family parking spaces, for families with young children, park there!If you're inconsiderate you will park where ever you want. And if you don't fall into a catagory that has reserved parking then you are like most people, count yourself lucky and enjoy your walk!:p

rhiley_08j
01-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Holy hotdog, it's just a parking spot. It's a courtesy. If one's open park there(if you're preggers) If there are family parking spaces, for families with young children, park there!If you're inconsiderate you will park where ever you want. And if you don't fall into a catagory that has reserved parking then you are like most people, count yourself lucky and enjoy your walk!:p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TaraTony
01-27-2008, 11:24 PM
I believe that some pregnant women do need these spots....yes they may have to walk once they get in the store, but sometimes that is unavoidable and having a spot up front to save you those few extra steps is wonderful. I've been pregnant and not needed them, then my last pregnancy(baby is 7 weeks old) I did need them. I had a problem with my pelvis where it was separating more than what is normal, causing it to be very difficult to walk among many other things...also I have 2 small children aged 32 months and 20 months. It did annoy me to see healthy adults parking in that spot. You can't just not go out and buy the things you need...believe me, if I didn't have to go out I wouldn't have. However, I did need to and that spot can be a godsend...by the time I would get what I needed, stood still in the line up,almost worse than walking, then got back to the car I would be practically in tears.
I believe that you cannot say that 1: a pregnant woman could use the extra few steps because you don't know her situation.
2: someone who uses these spaces is lazy, again you don't know the situation.
3:If you can't walk without difficulty you shouldn't be out...that's just plain ignorant.
I also believe if you are pregnant and can get around fine..leave them for someone who really needs them.
Also, they do say for women who are expecting and for people with small children...and believe me people with small children DO need them.
Like I said, I now have 3 children 2 and under (and a 9 year old) and carrying that many children is difficult.It is much safer to be up front, close to the doors, so that we do not have to worry about as many cars.

Anyway, sorry to blab on so long but my point is this

If you need it use it, if you don't- don't.

No need to argue and fight..it's there for who it's there for, nothing much you can do about it.

patbez
01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
I have to laugh at the fact that EVERYONE seems to think they deserve their own parking spaces...one person says the pregnancy ones are needed, another says that ones for people with children are MORE needed....it goes to show that most of the time, people think their own personal plight is worse or more deserving of attention.

In a perfect world, there would be family spaces, spaces for people with mullets, spaces for people with ingrown toenails...but right now, there isn't. When there is & someone parks in your mullet space, I won't bite your head off for complaining about it :)

mizunderstood
01-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I have to laugh at the fact that EVERYONE seems to think they deserve their own parking spaces...one person says the pregnancy ones are needed, another says that ones for people with children are MORE needed....it goes to show that most of the time, people think their own personal plight is worse or more deserving of attention.

In a perfect world, there would be family spaces, spaces for people with mullets, spaces for people with ingrown toenails...but right now, there isn't. When there is & someone parks in your mullet space, I won't bite your head off for complaining about it :)

:rofl: ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! :rofl: Very well put patbez! I want a mullet spot for my brother!!!!!

love_my_baby_girl
01-31-2008, 02:18 PM
fyi there is no specific information on how far along you gota be to use that parking spot!!! It's there to be used for pregnant woman...I understand some ppl park there just one minute to run in and out but some ppl are just that way!!! If your pregnant don't matter how many week's you can use it...I was pregnant once and did not think I was handicap which at one point I kinda was cuz I sprained my ankle...but still its just a parking spot it says for preggo ladies some preggo mite need it more than others but first come first serve...thats how it works nothing can be done just be happy to have that...I only seen this in St-John that and familly parking. Pretty cool to have this opportunaty not all pregnant woman's has an easy pregnacy. This is not to point finger by the way just to express my opinion have a nice day all:biggrin:

nurse31
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Since when did walking during pregnancy become harmful? If you have been put off of work by a doctor, that doesn't mean you are unable to walk. Walking during pregnancy is only harmful when your doctor deems it dangerous and puts you on BEDREST, and in most cases, hospitalized. I never think twice about parking in pregnancy parking when shopping with my three young children, especially during rain or snow.

Bay
02-12-2008, 01:04 AM
guess what happened to me today... I parked on the parking spot for expecting mothers and now I'm pregnant!!

Bay
02-12-2008, 01:06 AM
And another thing... the other day I was parked just in the middle not even close to a shop. The parking space was pooped all under by the seals, no a dying soul had been parking his or her car there since the start of the Walmart history.
And there comes the RCMP asking me if I'm okay because I was parked so far away from the stores.... You gotta love this country.

sanstu
02-12-2008, 08:50 AM
It might be a good idea to turn all parking lots into beautiful "green areas" complete with lawns, flowers, trees and seating. (Of course there would have to be handicapped parking spaces) Then if people wanted to go to the mall they could, insert gasp.. yes, take the bus. We would ALL be doing our part for the environment and most importantly, people wouldn't have to walk very far as the bus lets you off at the mall entrance. No more complaining about those preggo parking spaces.

kaj27
02-12-2008, 10:39 AM
It might be a good idea to turn all parking lots into beautiful "green areas" complete with lawns, flowers, trees and seating. (Of course there would have to be handicapped parking spaces) Then if people wanted to go to the mall they could, insert gasp.. yes, take the bus. We would ALL be doing our part for the environment and most importantly, people wouldn't have to walk very far as the bus lets you off at the mall entrance. No more complaining about those preggo parking spaces.

Why not just go one step further. Mow down allt he malls, stores and shops. Everyone can just go back to making their own clothes and food.

Cartersmom
02-12-2008, 02:45 PM
those people with the idea to convert the preggo spots to spots for people with small and numerous kids are just trying to extend the priviledge ..move on and if you have so many kids you can't keep track, wait til the father (s)? come home and then you can go alone..

I'm 39 weeks pg and have only used the spot once and ion the past week. It's usually occupied by some old coot in a fur hat..I agree in the first half (at least ) of pg you're also taking advantage of using the spot..it should be for those in noticeable discomfort.

FutureChief88
02-13-2008, 09:06 AM
How about this.. It shouldn't "be" for anyone.. It is there for a courteosy.. with no "rules" applying.. If your pregnant ( in discomfort or not(because i dont care what you say.. WHOLE pregnancies are uncomfortable for some!)) park there, If you have small kids .. park there.. If your old and too lazy to walk.. Park there.. If you are Stupid and park there.. cool.. If you are just plain too lazy to park 10 parking spaces away.. Then thats fine too. I am 21 weeks pregnant.. and i am uncomfortable all the time.. If i am driving by and there happens to be one available.. I STILL dont park there..cause so many people on ISJ have made me way too conscious about it.. Like i am Not pregnant enough!

Anyone is going to park there.. Lets stop crying about it.. and thank the courteosy if it so happens to be available when we drive into walmart.. and such places.

trinity
02-13-2008, 09:51 AM
And another thing... the other day I was parked just in the middle not even close to a shop. The parking space was pooped all under by the seals, no a dying soul had been parking his or her car there since the start of the Walmart history.
And there comes the RCMP asking me if I'm okay because I was parked so far away from the stores.... You gotta love this country.

Um, they weren't just being polite, because anyone who is parked so far from a storefront MUST be up to something, like a black market in babies.....

MichelleM
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
The way I see it is whether people like it or not it is labelled for pregnant people or with small children. If you are pregnant (1 week, 10 weeks 40 weeks whatever you are still pregnant) or if you have a small child (no a 10year old does not count) Then park there. If you are none of what the sign says then park elsewhere. Its pretty simple. The only way there should be confusion is if you cannot read.

babydoll101
02-13-2008, 02:58 PM
The way I see it is whether people like it or not it is labelled for pregnant people or with small children. If you are pregnant (1 week, 10 weeks 40 weeks whatever you are still pregnant) or if you have a small child (no a 10year old does not count) Then park there. If you are none of what the sign says then park elsewhere. Its pretty simple. The only way there should be confusion is if you cannot read.

Agreed. End the post already!!!

c0ldb33r
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I don't see why we need pregnant spots.

It wasn't that long ago that pregnant women used to work the fields on farms. Now they can't walk an extra 50 feet to the entrance of Walmart?

It would make more sense to stop babying yourself and realize that pregnancy is not a disability.

beckettjag
03-09-2008, 08:39 AM
i think this thread should be deleted people are just becoming offensive and rude to their fellow human beings whould you say some of these comments to your own mother people in this society have no compassion.listen to the old adage people "treat people the way you would like to be treated"

puppyluv
03-09-2008, 11:53 AM
My question,
When does the special parking needs stop. The other day I saw a young couple in a vehicle with a toddler..Park there and go into a store. SHouldnt it be for 1 parent with a child not a very capable 2 parents and 1 toddler?

Just a question!

beachnut
03-09-2008, 01:46 PM
i agree... and the same questions are being repeated over and over. If you want to know the answer to a question you may have about this thread, surf through the thread.. ppl have probably already talked about it.

i think this thread should be deleted people are just becoming offensive and rude"

FutureChief88
03-12-2008, 07:36 AM
I used a preggo parking spot yesterday! And i was SOOO happy ! :)

baby_nevelos
03-12-2008, 09:31 AM
oh that drives me crazy too! When I was 8 months pregnant there were people parking there either they were elderly or just people way to lazy to park somewhere's else. And again this happened to me at walmart. I have a 2 month old now and had to park quite a ways away. Because an elderly person was to lazy to find a handicape spot.... errrr!!

Coston07
03-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I think they should be more for people for baby's. I have a friend that I go out with alot and I have a 2 and 3 year old and she has a two year old and is expcting another, and we are happy when we find stork parking ( we did not use it when she was not pregnant). I think pregnant women should get the exercise but it is nice when you dont have to walk a long distance with three small kids. But if there is no wheelchair parking and the disabled person really needs it then I think they should take the spot.

sanstu
03-12-2008, 01:03 PM
oh that drives me crazy too! When I was 8 months pregnant there were people parking there either they were elderly or just people way to lazy to park somewhere's else. And again this happened to me at walmart. I have a 2 month old now and had to park quite a ways away. Because an elderly person was to lazy to find a handicape spot.... errrr!!

Shame, shame,...... your reference to an eldery person being too lazy to find a handicapped parking space is an extremely uncalled for comment. Perhaps you should be thankful for what you have instead of whinning about not being able to use a courtesy only spot!

Damage82
03-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I honestly think they should get rid of them, if walking the extra 50 feet is gonna hurt you, then you probably should not be walking around wal-mart shopping, but that is just me. Probably the fact that so many people abuse it is why it should be taken away.

01_neon_rider
03-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Holy this thread is CRAZY!!
I have daughter myself whos is almost 6, when i was pregnant there was no speical parking for pregnant women, and towards the end of my pregnancy i was told not to walk more then 5 or 10 feet, so do you know what i did? I DIDNT go shopping!!
YES It is very rude for people to take these spots when they dont need them, but if you CAN NOT walk that far you shouldnt be out walking around the stores either!
And as for people saying that they have seen women, whatever age they may be take these spots who are not pregnant, How do you know they are not pregnant??I didnt show at all until i was about 5 months along, and also there is nothing on those signs that says you have to be X amount of months along to use them...just my thoughts:)

FutureChief88
03-15-2008, 06:55 PM
I honestly think they should get rid of them, if walking the extra 50 feet is gonna hurt you, then you probably should not be walking around wal-mart shopping, but that is just me. Probably the fact that so many people abuse it is why it should be taken away.

True .. but it doesnt kill anyone to have them either :)

mizunderstood
03-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Enough already!! LOL

c0ldb33r
03-16-2008, 01:47 PM
And as for people saying that they have seen women, whatever age they may be take these spots who are not pregnant, How do you know they are not pregnant??I didnt show at all until i was about 5 months along, and also there is nothing on those signs that says you have to be X amount of months along to use them...just my thoughts:)
If they're not showing it's probably okay for them to walk.

Keep fit when you're pregnant, it'll make the delivery much easier. Walking will keep you fit. Problem solved.

patbez
03-16-2008, 07:29 PM
c0ldb33r: I doubt you're the expert on pregnancy & both of your "theories" certainly don't hold true for everyone.

I'm 5 months pregnant & nobody can really tell...doesn't mean I don't have a harder time breathing or walking now. As you get further along in your pregnancy your organs are pushed up higher into your chest, pressing on your lungs, making it harder to breath/catch your breath. I'm still absolutely fine walking, but I'm sure in a couple of months time it'll be much harder.

I have a friend that is really petite & really fit & in the last few months of her pregnancy she couldn't walk anywhere without feeling super winded & like she was going to faint...so it's not always an option to walk to "make the delivery easier".

rhiley_08j
03-16-2008, 08:39 PM
When are they going to have obesity parking? I mean come one those poor fat people that struggle for every step and every breath. Have some sympathy. Give them a space already.

KRS
03-17-2008, 10:06 AM
You know what, women are the ones that have to give birth..I say let them have there parking spots..I mean..having a baby probably doesn't feel good..let them have 'special' spots.

babydoll101
03-17-2008, 10:29 AM
This is the longest thread in isaintjohn's history!!!!

rhiley_08j
03-17-2008, 10:29 AM
You know what, women are the ones that have to give birth..I say let them have there parking spots..I mean..having a baby probably doesn't feel good..let them have 'special' spots.

What are they doing out anyway? They should be home barefoot in the kitchen.;)

FutureChief88
03-17-2008, 10:49 PM
This is the longest thread in isaintjohn's history!!!!

Agreed..

~Butterfly~
03-25-2008, 02:13 PM
It amazes me how ignorant some people can be. :mad: It also amazes me that this post is still alive, and that certain people (you know who you are) aren't told by the admins to "behave".:p .
I now have a 2 month old baby boy and don't even think about stork parking anymore, but I can tell you I sure appreciated it when I was 7-9 months pregnant trying to dodge cars in the McAllister Mall parking lot. I almost got run over 2x during Christmas shopping season on the same day walking from my vehicle to the store.
I would like to applaud the stores that have these spots in place for pregnant women or vehicles with small children. The odds of getting hit by a vehicle walking into the store are reduced immensely, due to the close proximity to the store. (for the obtuse, check the online dictionary for meanings of the larger words, or perhaps ask the nearest pregnant lady).:rolleyes:
Seems to me people are always griping about something. This post had me so furious at one point I made an effort to try and take the closest spot to the door without taking the stork parking, in hopes that one of you on here (complainers) would see me all big and round parking in the spot next to the stork parking and leaving stork open. A couple of times I actually got nasty looks from people for doing this, because they wanted the non preggo spot and seeing that I was preggo it irked them that we both could have parked close to the door but I "ruined" it for them.HAHA.
I bet most of the complainers on this site would argue against anything. With one person they would argue the grass was green, the next person would come along and say the grass was green and that same complainer would probably argue them and say "no it isn't, it's more of a dark olive color"....give it a rest already. Obviously people more important than you thought stork parking was a good idea and put them in place. It's called courtesy and respect for mothers to be and parents with young children. Hopefully one day someone you Love will be in the same situation and these spots will come in handy so you can reflect on your behaviour in this post and hang your head in shame. grrrrrr............:eek:

Cartersmom
03-28-2008, 12:17 PM
When are they going to have obesity parking? I mean come one those poor fat people that struggle for every step and every breath. Have some sympathy. Give them a space already.

LOL!

inuit
03-28-2008, 05:43 PM
..and the beat goes on... Julie, your baby must be almost in school by now. lol can't believe it's still here. lol

sanstu
03-28-2008, 07:14 PM
EVERYONE should just go ahead and use these spots. There is NO law protecting these spots, so to everyone- please use these spots. Pull right up to the marker and either push it ahead or better yet just knock it over. Sheesh.... stupid , stupid parking spot!

beckettjag
03-28-2008, 09:38 PM
x

sanstu
03-29-2008, 06:21 AM
Not ignorance, nor was I being rude beckettjag, simply pointing out what is fact.

beckettjag
03-29-2008, 07:00 AM
x

sanstu
03-29-2008, 07:20 AM
I did not say that I personally would park in these spots, so chill-lax beckettjag. What I find to be offensive is comparing disabled parking spots to pregnancy spots.There is no comparision between the two.
I also didn't say these spots did no good so don't put words in my mouth,please. These spots are there as a courtesy only; not law. If people don't want to be courteous than so be it. Who are you to say I have no opinion on the matter?

BTW, beckettjag, my post was dripping with sarcasam, so sorry you didn't get it!:rolleyes: Good grief!(egg on someone's face)

Not "old" beckettjag, just a bit wiser than you!lol

and lastly, ever wonder why there are NO pregnancy parking spots at the hospital?

FutureChief88
03-29-2008, 07:31 AM
EVERYONE should just go ahead and use these spots. There is NO law protecting these spots, so to everyone- please use these spots. Pull right up to the marker and either push it ahead or better yet just knock it over. Sheesh.... stupid , stupid parking spot!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN! :D

beckettjag
03-29-2008, 07:40 AM
x

sanstu
03-29-2008, 08:28 AM
And I accept your apology, beckettjag.

Nita
03-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Well, they may be courtesy spots, but they are courtesy spots placed there by the store...so, although it may not be illegal for someone that isn't pregnant to park there, couldn't the store still do something about it? Say an altercation broke out because someone parked there that shouldn't...I don't know. While some people think it's silly that there are even spots for pregnant women, I think it's pretty silly for someone to snub their nose at it & park there anyway. It's almost being indignant just for the sake of it...

beckettjag
03-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I didn't apologize, 'm still offended and just because your older doesn't mean your wiser, I've been around more than you likely, I don't want to argue with you either I have enough problems

FutureChief88
03-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Wow people.. IT JUST A PARKING SPACE!
lol

If you allow a parking space to cause problems in your life.. You should probably seek some sort of help.

MichelleM
03-29-2008, 09:42 AM
[quote=MichelleM;210808]The way I see it is whether people like it or not it is labelled for pregnant people or with small children. If you are pregnant (1 week, 10 weeks 40 weeks whatever you are still pregnant) or if you have a small child (no a 10year old does not count) Then park there. If you are none of what the sign says then park elsewhere. Its pretty simple. The only way there should be confusion is if you cannot read.[/qu

beckettjag
03-29-2008, 09:45 AM
If your refering to my problems.It has nothing to do with this thread, it deals with my 8 month old who can't even be awake without having a seizure and is pumped with so much medication it's like she doesn't exist.she's in constant pain and has aggressive glaucoma in both eyes.I tend to be emotional because of it and sensitive to people's comments.

sanstu
03-29-2008, 09:55 AM
If your refering to my problems.It has nothing to do with this thread, it deals with my 8 month old who can't even be awake without having a seizure and is pumped with so much medication it's like she doesn't exist.she's in constant pain and has aggressive glaucoma in both eyes.I tend to be emotional because of it and sensitive to people's comments.

x

beckettjag
03-29-2008, 09:56 AM
x

FutureChief88
03-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Look bekettjag.. I am VERY sorry that your child is going through that.. as well as you and your family.. I certainly do not evny you.. and i pray for your childs health and well being.

But... This thread has nothing to do with that.. It is simply a conversation about a parking space.. And my suggestions was that if you are so emotionally distraught (as i would be too) then why engage in conversation with someone who doesnt share your view? I certainly wouldnt want to make myself MORE upset over something so stupid. its just a parking space.

Bottom line is.. people WILL park there whether they are pregnant or not.. If you are.. Great! .. If your too lazy to walk.. Great! All the power to ya.. Its going to happen.. and as most have said it is a courtesay.. nothing else.. You dont need PROOF.. or a sticker in you window to park there.. This space is no different than the one directly beside it.

beckettjag
03-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I already made comments about this topic and now I'm done I believe in the pregancy parking.None of you people know me.and some of the stuff on isaintjohn people blow out of propartion and that is what is happening I try to put in my too cents about pregnancy parking and disability parking but I deleted the posts because it was being construed in the wrong context and when I feel my family is being attacked by people I don't know I have every right to speak my mind just like everybody else on isaintjohn.And by the way the topics on this thread other than mine have verred from the topic I'm not the only one.So from now on I won't post anything else I'm done and everybody can stick to the topic at hand I'm done. this is so stupid

FutureChief88
03-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Wow.. ok then..

rhiley_08j
03-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Holy Jeeze you guys! Some people's kids... LOL

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kristee
05-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Pregnancy Parking... Hmm It means just that>>>>for people who are pregnant or have small children. This past winter when I had to park forever away from the walmart doors with my 6 week old daughter, I wasn't too happy. There was a car in the pregnacy parking space with a handicap sign in it, HE just pulled in there and there were 4 or 5 vacant diasabled parking spots. I feel for disabled people, I know they need to be close to the entrances but I feel that for us who are pregnany or have tiny babies, thats what tose spots are for. And GOD help the person who parks in one that shouldn't be and my husband is with me : (

c0ldb33r
05-07-2008, 11:46 PM
And GOD help the person who parks in one that shouldn't be and my husband is with me : (
yeah? why?

Kristee
05-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Because he thinks that it's incredibly rude for people to park in these spaces who do not need them and he will let you know all about it , THAT'S WHY!

sanstu
05-08-2008, 11:22 AM
And HE is entitled because?

Tania
05-08-2008, 11:39 AM
How do you know they don't need it??.. And if a person who is handicapped (with a valid handicap sign) parks in the Stork parking, Suck it up!! more then likely they need it more then a pregnant mother or one with babies...and maybe when they got there all the handicaps were taken. and if your husband bashes someone more deserving of this parking space then you then there is something terribly wrong with you people! *mental pick of some man blasting someone in a wheelchair for parking in a stork parking* if you can't walk during your pregnancy (mentioned in a previous topic) apply for a temporary Handicap sign.. Case Closed!!

FutureChief88
05-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Well i am 8 and a half months pregnant right now.. and very large.. i parked there the other day and got every bad look possible from this one woman.. she stared me up and down.. until i got my fat a** out of the car and then the attitude changed.. I think its rediculous that people go on and on about this rediculous topic.. it is there.. Whether it should be or not.. is not up to "us". Enjoy the perks while you need it.. and if its not available when you "need" it.. suck it up. I am in no state to be walking my behind around anywhere anyways.. i am in way too much pain.. but if the parking spot is not available i am not going to cry about it. if an elderly person is parked in the space.. or a fat person.. or a skinny person.. or any kind of person at all.. congrats for getting to it first..

Tania
05-08-2008, 11:55 AM
AMEN CHIEF Well said!! And I hope you get there first being 8 1/2 months pregnant.. And congrats on your soon to be born baby.. :D

MichelleM
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
The signs state pretty clearly what they are for so people that park there that should not are either just ignorant or unable to read.

Kristee
05-08-2008, 02:51 PM
I never said my husband would blast someone in a wheelchair, hmm... dont remember posting that comment. I'm sure that someone would get blasted for parking in a handicap spot who isn't disabled. Whether you like it or not those spots are there for a reason.
How do I know that the guy didn't need the parking spot?? Well seeing as the last time I checked - men couldn't be pregnant, he had no child with him and there were plenty of empty handicap spots.
Who are you to say that a handicap person most likely needs the stork spot more? Use the spot that is there for you!

mizunderstood
05-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Ok everyone, all these "new" posts on this VERY old thread are just repeating the same arguement over and over again.... Certain people should read all 12 pages before they start commenting and fighting with others. The topics you are bringing up now, have been brought up and argued to DEATH MONTHS ago...

livkat
05-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I never said my husband would blast someone in a wheelchair, hmm... dont remember posting that comment. I'm sure that someone would get blasted for parking in a handicap spot who isn't disabled. Whether you like it or not those spots are there for a reason.
How do I know that the guy didn't need the parking spot?? Well seeing as the last time I checked - men couldn't be pregnant, he had no child with him and there were plenty of empty handicap spots.
Who are you to say that a handicap person most likely needs the stork spot more? Use the spot that is there for you!
I guess you didn't see the thread about the pregnant man. lol

MichelleM
05-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I guess you didn't see the thread about the pregnant man. lol

It is not actually a pregnant man....it is a pregnant woman who was taking hormones to become a man.

Kristee
05-08-2008, 04:22 PM
LIVKAT, I just laughed my head off @ that comment. I did see that show, very disturbing.

inuit
05-08-2008, 05:15 PM
This thread was started 28 of june 2007. And the beat goes on. La la la la la. Julie your baby is almost a year old now.

c0ldb33r
05-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Because he thinks that it's incredibly rude for people to park in these spaces who do not need them and he will let you know all about it , THAT'S WHY!
And who is he to be shooting his mouth off? If someone came up to me and started something like that I couldn't do anything but laugh.

futurechief makes a valid point. If you're having problems walking then apply for a handicap sign, regardless of whether its the result of age, disability or pregnancy.

sanstu
05-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Aren't any of you women offended that the corporate idiots decided these spots were a good idea. What do these spaces say, hmm..... well I guess if you're pregnant you are NOT capable of walking of walking a few steps to the store; or maybe they're saying your hubby is a big jerk and isn't bright enough to drop you off at the door,(BTW if your hubby is with you, you probably should not park in these spots) or maybe they're saying as a parent you're not competent enough to walk from a parking spot with your child. lol, OK, you can continue to whine about these spots, which by the way anyone can park in (which I encourage) or you can do what many women do and park in a "regular" space and walk. Have a nice day, and hopefully a nice walk!hehehe

Triple J
05-09-2008, 07:59 AM
I think it is sexist!! If they should have pregnancy parking ...then they should have beer belly parking for men!!

FutureChief88
05-09-2008, 08:46 AM

Which is a valid point as well.. But hadicapped parking is something that must be applied for and approved by the government based on a disability. Pregnancy parking is out in place by said company as a courtesy for pregnant women and women with small children. And that is that. Like i said before.. if someone in "need" gets there before me... So be it.. even if they are not in need.. well they got there first. Comparing pregnancy parking to hadicapped parking just doesnt make sense..
now lets put this thread to rest..

RIP pregnancy parking.

LOL

donteatrawpotatoes
05-09-2008, 09:05 AM
I think it is sexist!! If they should have pregnancy parking ...then they should have beer belly parking for men!!

Best. Post. Ever.

MichelleM
05-09-2008, 09:13 AM

Maybe they could add some fat lazy people parking while the are at......

kaj27
05-09-2008, 01:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/MoparBoys/junior.jpg

What about Arnold, can he park his Hummer there?

christine chittick
05-09-2008, 02:04 PM
A little exercise will never hurt anyone. Not to mention our province is one of the top statistics for obesity in Canada.

The pregnancy spots are great if they are available, trust me. I have used them while pregnant - BUT... I didn't make a big deal about them if they were taken, whether it be someone not pregnant, not disabled etc. I simply didn't care. I have been on bedrest for 2 of my pregnancies, pretty much start to finish... So either someone went and got what I needed, or I got it delivered to me. If I was uncomfortable at the end of my pregnancies, and went out to the mall, I didn't care where I parked. I just wanted to get in to where I was going and get my stuff and get out - and get home. All the while hoping that the walking around uncomfortable would put me in labor so I wouldn't have to be uncomfortable any more!

I think there shouldn't be any designated parking spots period, because like someone said if you are ok to walk around inside the mall, then what difference does it make how far or close a person parks.

A disability is just that, a disability. If a person that is truly disabled they should have and likely have someone with them to help them and generally cannot operate a vehicle themselves. To me, that is a disabled person. A parking spot closer to the mall isn't going to change the fact.... well maybe by a couple of steps - that they still have to walk/wheel inside around inside a mall.

Then there are those who are classified disabled because they do have something wrong with them but does not affect their quality life in such a way that they cannot operate a vehicle, they cannot walk. My brother is one of them, thanks to a drunk driver....but he can still drive, and still walk thankfully...although a lot of days he is in pain as his whole pelvic region and legs and one arm consist of pins and steel plates, if he can't walk far, he just doesn't go or gets someone to go for him...and he is only 27 years old. He has been this way since he was 21. There are delivery services if it is something that is a necessity for people that cannot do it themselves, I mean really, the cost of a delivery service is just the same as going and using gas to get there any ways, and maybe a few bucks extra because the person has to go and get it...big deal. I would be thankful that there are these services available to those who can't do it themselves.

KRS
05-09-2008, 02:39 PM
hahaha Kaj27

livkat
05-10-2008, 08:54 AM
LIVKAT, I just laughed my head off @ that comment. I did see that show, very disturbing.
Thank You:D . I was being sarcastic with my pregnant man comment, but I guess some people don't get sarcasm.

beachnut
05-10-2008, 01:05 PM
yeah because disabled ppl should just stay in their house and never get out to do anything because well.. they are disabled, they can't. They should never leave their house right? That's basicly what you are saying. Your whole comment is perposterous. One of the main things about the disaabled parking is the spots are Larger.. not JUST closer. They are larger so someone who uses a wheelchair can get it out (and yes there ARE ppl that need a wheelchair that can drive and who can get their chair in and out of the car. Also.. someone that just needs their car door open all the way in order to get out of the car, even if they don't have a wheelchair.. the space is larger and driver side away from other cars so they don't have to worry about damaging them. Would you rather they put those spots all the way from the building? Big deal they are the closest spots to the buildings.. it only makes sense. Sheesh.

A little exercise will never hurt anyone. Not to mention our province is one of the top statistics for obesity in Canada.

The pregnancy spots are great if they are available, trust me. I have used them while pregnant - BUT... I didn't make a big deal about them if they were taken, whether it be someone not pregnant, not disabled etc. I simply didn't care. I have been on bedrest for 2 of my pregnancies, pretty much start to finish... So either someone went and got what I needed, or I got it delivered to me. If I was uncomfortable at the end of my pregnancies, and went out to the mall, I didn't care where I parked. I just wanted to get in to where I was going and get my stuff and get out - and get home. All the while hoping that the walking around uncomfortable would put me in labor so I wouldn't have to be uncomfortable any more!

I think there shouldn't be any designated parking spots period, because like someone said if you are ok to walk around inside the mall, then what difference does it make how far or close a person parks.

A disability is just that, a disability. If a person that is truly disabled they should have and likely have someone with them to help them and generally cannot operate a vehicle themselves. To me, that is a disabled person. A parking spot closer to the mall isn't going to change the fact.... well maybe by a couple of steps - that they still have to walk/wheel inside around inside a mall.

Then there are those who are classified disabled because they do have something wrong with them but does not affect their quality life in such a way that they cannot operate a vehicle, they cannot walk. My brother is one of them, thanks to a drunk driver....but he can still drive, and still walk thankfully...although a lot of days he is in pain as his whole pelvic region and legs and one arm consist of pins and steel plates, if he can't walk far, he just doesn't go or gets someone to go for him...and he is only 27 years old. He has been this way since he was 21. There are delivery services if it is something that is a necessity for people that cannot do it themselves, I mean really, the cost of a delivery service is just the same as going and using gas to get there any ways, and maybe a few bucks extra because the person has to go and get it...big deal. I would be thankful that there are these services available to those who can't do it themselves.