PDA

View Full Version : Benoit Family Found Dead

paintballer4
06-25-2007, 10:10 PM
STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayetteville County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Instead of its announced programming for tonight on USA Network, WWE will air a three-hour tribute to Chris Benoit.

Chris was beloved among his fellow Superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss.

WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is really sad, exspecally when wwe was faking a death saying that vince Mcmahon died in a car exsplosion but this one is really real

anthony_sinderly
06-25-2007, 10:10 PM
I Just Was Informed Chris Benoit & His Family Were Found Dead In Their Home.

Artical From wwe.com-

STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayette County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Instead of its announced programming for tonight on USA Network, WWE will air a three-hour tribute to Chris Benoit.

Chris was beloved among his fellow Superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss.

WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy.
Chris Benoit and his family were found dead today in their home.

Dan_Man
06-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Wow... He was a great Canadian Wrestler...

babydollbrat
06-25-2007, 11:57 PM
I hope it's not true what they are reporting now about it being a murder-suicide with him as the guilty one.
7 years old! :( What a tragedy

magoosmomma
06-26-2007, 07:51 AM
I read that as well.. they think he killed them over the weekend.. then himself

inepteye
06-26-2007, 06:03 PM
he killed his wife on sat and his son sunday nite during vengence, and hung himself monday morning or sunday nite they believe

trinity
06-26-2007, 09:06 PM
That is just so so wrong. I mean if you are depressed, by all means kill yourself if you must, but why take your family? A 7 year old child!

karen
06-27-2007, 12:06 PM
This is a great tragedy!
WWE was to post a tribute to Benoit on the website (wwe.com) but decided not to due to the circumstances of the homicides-suicide.

inepteye
06-27-2007, 12:58 PM
he was giving his son growth drugs, they found needle marks in his arm

karen
06-27-2007, 01:51 PM
This is the first I have heard about the needle marks on the boy's arms...Were the growth drugs on the up and up? How do you/we know that it wasn't a parental decision on both ends?
There are several kids in society that are just genetically small (take my 9 year old son for example - he's equivalent to about a 5 year old, he's really small for his age)
Don't get me wrong, If the allegations are true and he did take his wife and son's lives than there was something seriously wrong with the guy.

karen
06-27-2007, 01:58 PM
I just found this in a new release:
"The boy had old needle marks in his arms, Ballard said. He said he had been told the parents considered him undersized and had given him growth hormones.
"The boy was very small, even dwarfed," Ballard said. "
Personally, I don't think this had anything to do with the homicides-suicides and am a little confused as to why it was mentioned. As I had stated, there are several kids in society that are genetically small and growth hormones are an option/form of treatment. It's a psychological issue for the small child the older they get.

airsky501
06-27-2007, 02:17 PM
They probably mentioned this because of the amount of steroids that were found in the house.
CNN's doctor mentioned this morning that steroids are sometimes used to treat dwarfism