PDA

View Full Version : Family issue... thread has been locked now

harbourchick07
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM

[We generally don't allow this site to be used for posts that end up airing details of intra-family disputes/issues, so the thread has been locked (closed).

A few informative posts have been left online in case they are helpful.

Good luck ]

christine chittick
06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
If there is no court document stating the mother has FULL custody, he can do this - and does not have to give the child back until it goes to court. The police officer has his hands tied and cannot do anything if there is nothing to prove the mother has full custody. He cannot be charged for it. I suggest her to try a mediator first to see if things can be worked out between them. If not it will go to family court.

Just read your post. If there is a court document stating that he only has visitation and she has full custody, take the papers to the police or family/children services and they must go get the child, otherwise it is kidnapping.

JustWatching
06-25-2007, 06:58 PM
It's probably best if your sister, police & lawyers/social workers hash this out - as it sounds like there isn't much that can be done until they get involved (since the police are already aware) - although the father my not be the person you'd want to see with the child (or taking care of her) there isn't many more people you can contact - At least not that I'm aware of.

If it is a kidnapping I'm sure the police/lawyers/social workers will know where to go next. I would recommend your sister follow their advice as I'm sure they're best ones to turn to.

Good Luck

christine chittick
06-25-2007, 07:43 PM
If there is only a document from a case worker, it is not a court order issued by a judge. Even an 'agreement' of a document through a lawyer doesn't hold up much - it has to be court order issued by a judge to really have any bearing at all. That is the difference.

Retailation in this manner is just not a good thing when it comes to family court - and can go south real fast in court. Listen to the police and contact legal aid/family children services. I believe there is an emergency number you can call after hours. Otherwise, you will have to wait until tomorrow morning before anything can be done.