PDA

View Full Version : Gang beating

Krash
06-23-2007, 06:31 PM
as you may have heard on the radio today there was a gang beating down at the fair/ in front of harbour station last night. as well i was robbed. walet and everything gone. yes it was me who was the victim. people must enjoy ganging up on ppl for no reson. i dont know why. but im ok. but if anybody has any info on this at all please pm me. i would like to know the ones that did it. as i say all the time. SOME PEOPLES KIDS. thank you

harbourchick07
06-23-2007, 09:56 PM
if you know what any of the people looked like report it to the police. They are all people from uptown who go to the fair mostly.

Krash
06-23-2007, 10:09 PM
and yes the matter has been reported to the police and everything.

megz
06-23-2007, 10:16 PM
if you know what any of the people looked like report it to the police. They are all people from uptown who go to the fair mostly.

That is not true. Sorry to hear about what happened to you.. this city seems to be getting out of control lately..

KaylaGregAlex
06-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I agree with lotssafun.... I live uptown and I am not a bad person, also I believe the Deputy Mayor of the city also lives uptown so you can't shame us all because of the acts of a few.... I think those types of people live in all parts of the city not just uptown........

harbourchick07
06-24-2007, 12:51 PM
the majority of the people at the fair on Friday night where people that where in the uptown area either going to school or who live there. and you obviously do not know a lot of the really horrible kids up there. and here is a little demo of what i meant by " it is people from uptown at the fair mostly" if the ex goes to Fredericton do you think people from st. Stephen would go no why money. fair goes to harbour station, it is closer to the people of uptown saint john to go there. Lancaster mall is easier for people in chance harbour to get to. i was at the fair Friday with my cousin, the majority of the people there that night where all from uptown and the west side. the majority of the people that go to the ex are people from out east. it is easier and cheaper to go this way then to travel 20 minutes plus and waste gas. The people that where there friday from all over is because they had school that day and went to the fair after wards.

t_s_cb
06-24-2007, 03:21 PM
I am sure there not so good people who live uptown, I feel it is very wrong to generalise all in the area! Not fair to the many good people! EVERY area has good & bad, uptown is NO different!!

I live in a normally very quiet residential area east. Last month 2 minutes from where I live, there was a gang beating. This beating was soo bad, police & ambulance didn't think this guy would live. I heard what was said on the police scanner. The fellow who was beat, spent 2 weeks recovering in hospital, and is still not healed fully.

The guys who beat him live east, now should we say all people from east are not good? I think not!

Well said!! You make very good points :)

sanstu
06-24-2007, 03:40 PM
I live in Quispamsis, and my children go to the Harbour Station Fair each year.(we also saw other families from Quispamsis)

rubycshells
06-24-2007, 04:25 PM
We are east and we go to the Harbour Station fair rather than the Ex. The Harbour Station fair is so much cleaner.

harbourchick07
06-24-2007, 06:01 PM
ok let me see... I said if he knew what any of the people looked like to contact thr police. Most of the people almost everyone from uptown goes to the fair... That doesn't say.. Everyone up town went to the fair thats who it was people from up town. That is to help regulate the area. And either way that would be the first area the police would look is up town because first it is the center of the city, 2 a lot happens up there and 3 that is where the fair was. Yeah the fair is cleaner because of it location. It doesn't have horse running around and heres s hocker did you know that the same people who run the ex run there fair:eek: i know this a little to well as my brother works for funland amusment and he was in charge of the kidy area last year and this year at both the ex and the fair! I did not once say that ALL people uptown are horrible people some like a person i know who must think getting his but kicked by a girl is fun because he never stops calling my boyfriend a rat and my boyfriend don't even know the guy the only time he ever said anything was the day he was stocked and he told our vp some kid was following him. i know many people uptown, i've worked up town. i have lived there once. and i have had a lot of problems with a lot of people. no one nows for say where the people live who beat up the guy but when you think 'gang beating' and your a parent where is the first place you think of, up town north/south end or boulevards. you here "school fight" up town has two high school. "person hit on king st." up town / lower west. No one spot is safe. I was just stating that the majority of people who go to places are people who live close to that area. would you travel to Fredericton just to go on a few rides or would you walk 10 minutes?

harbourchick07
06-24-2007, 06:23 PM
i go out east a lot and i never see that many police cars. i see maybe one driving late at night. and as for the scanner thing. I usually here about up town lower west and around the out shirts of saint john not a whole lot about out east! oh and for the record i don't live out east so that statement wont affect me and the people i know that do live out east well who cares. I didnt say what i said as a statement of "up town is a dirty horrible place" it was said as " people who live up town are the majority of who went to the fair"

rubycshells
06-24-2007, 07:02 PM
The Harbour Station fair is run by Campbell Amusements and has been since the inception of the Community Fair. Not sure about this year but last year the ex was not run by Campbell Amusements.

ChelorSean
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
wow i'm glad we left the fair at 7pm with our kids....you go to something like that so your kids can have fun not watch some guy get beat.god dammit what is this world coming too.so sorry to the fellow that got beat up.hope you get your stuff back

harbourchick07
06-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Funland amusement has been doing the ex for a view years know. my brother works with them and he has been running the kiddy rides for the past 3 years. all you have to do is read the tickets boths rides etc. and it tells you who is doing it. The majority of the amusment owners have the same rides. Funland for instance does no have the skymaster and some of those other fun spooky rides. Campbell does,Campbell has more adult rides as funland has more games and kid rides. Funland did the fair this year as well. not all their rides are safe. I know fun land has done the ex for about 3 years as i wrote on the zipper my first year getting on it and there was once that i got on it and it was run by a different company. other then that it is pretty simple to tell who is running it.

babydollbrat
06-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Krash:
I hope you are okay and I hope they get them! Is this the one that the radio was reporting? The one where there were 7 or 8 of them and the police caught 1?

harbourchick07:
This is directly from Harbour Station website:

6th Annual Community Fair
Featuring CAMPBELL'S AMUSEMENTS!
Tickets: Free Admission to the Midway Grounds.
See Specials and Ride Pricing BELOW!
20 Jun 2007
21 Jun 2007
22 Jun 2007
23 Jun 2007
24 Jun 2007

Availability: Call the Box Office 657-1234 or toll free 1-800-267-2800
Discounts: Advance Bracelets (save $4) at local DELUXE FISH & CHIPS
Parking: $3 On Site

Visit Campbell Amusement's Official Site!

Krash
06-26-2007, 12:57 AM
ya it was the one on the radio. i cant say to much about it all. but only one was caught and it was 12 or more. but im ok now. just minor bruises. im a big boy. 6'5" and all they did was rattle me around enough to make me pissed. but im up and walking now and im wrking tomoro so its all good. for me. but i hope those ignorent Bastards get what the deserve or i will make sure of it. and as for all your debates. saint john is full of crime. north,east,west,south,uptown. everyweres has some kids whos parents never gave 2 Sh!ts and is all rebelious and acts like a tough guy. its not the ppl that make certain places worse to live in. its the people who argue over where is better. so there is bound to be a fight. im 17. i dont argue and carry on like this. neither should any of you adults. so grow up and treat everybody normally. say hello to the bum. dont be afraid to help people out and for god sakes carry mace on you incase the hookers/crack heads run after ya. lol. just stop argueing over where is better because i see police cars everyweres. and thats because they are doing there duty. if u dont see any over east when ur over there then they must be over north. u know they dont all get assigned to one side of own.

RokrMom1130
06-26-2007, 02:05 AM
Well put!!! And your only 17!!! Bravo!

sunnyj
06-26-2007, 05:15 AM
harbourchick07

just wanted to let you know that although I live in Rothesay, I was at the fair in Saint John.... AND not only that... I was at the fair in Fredericton the weekend before! Hard to believe isnt it! I would like to add that when I was at the fair, there were many people from Rothesay.

Get your facts straight before you run your mouth off.. it makes you appear to be not so intelligent when you run off at the mouth about issues you are not aware of..

Campbells Amusements ran the fair this weekend.. it was NOT Funland.

And as far as the Ex being dirty because of the horses... first of all... the horses DO NOT wander the Ex... they are there for the races, which ALWAYS take place on the track, or they are there for the livestock exhibits in the barns and paddock areas.....They do not make the EX dirty. What makes the EX dirty are the people who take NO pride in the community and litter all over the grounds. And these people come from all parts of the city, and even way beyond! People do travel from far and wide to visit our EX.

Krash, I hope they catch them all, and I hope you are feeling better!

tamales123
06-26-2007, 05:49 AM
i wish all people would regade us.....yes me i live uptown and have no problem with people here or otherwise...so think for a minute....we are not bad people...give us a chance...or did you evr talk to us..NO I BET YOU NEVER DID..SO KEEP YOUR FEELINGS TO YOURSELF...WE ARE NOT BAD PEOPLE!!!THINK THINK!!

Chinna Dah
06-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Well said for a 17 year old man. I am glad you are ok, but that must have been a life changing experience.

ya it was the one on the radio. i cant say to much about it all. but only one was caught and it was 12 or more. but im ok now. just minor bruises. im a big boy. 6'5" and all they did was rattle me around enough to make me pissed. but im up and walking now and im wrking tomoro so its all good. for me. but i hope those ignorent Bastards get what the deserve or i will make sure of it. and as for all your debates. saint john is full of crime. north,east,west,south,uptown. everyweres has some kids whos parents never gave 2 Sh!ts and is all rebelious and acts like a tough guy. its not the ppl that make certain places worse to live in. its the people who argue over where is better. so there is bound to be a fight. im 17. i dont argue and carry on like this. neither should any of you adults. so grow up and treat everybody normally. say hello to the bum. dont be afraid to help people out and for god sakes carry mace on you incase the hookers/crack heads run after ya. lol. just stop argueing over where is better because i see police cars everyweres. and thats because they are doing there duty. if u dont see any over east when ur over there then they must be over north. u know they dont all get assigned to one side of own.

harbourchick07
06-26-2007, 10:21 AM
umm i am not saying that NO ONE FROM THOSE AREAS GO. I said its not likely to see them.

lizard_lover
06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Ok...I think we all get the point. Bad people come from all over. Yes, your neighbourhood may effect the lifestyle you choose, but not always. I grew up in Toronto, lower west, east, north, all over the place. All of these places have their good, and their bad. You can be a great person with great values and honesty, and be in the middle of a terrible neighbourhood. Same as you can be a terrible person in a great neighbourhood. So yes, in SOME circumstances, your placement could have a bad "name" or "rep" to it, but that is of no fault to the good ones. It is like back in high school and middle school...if there were 3 or 4 kids making a super distraction to the class, and the teacher says "if this does not stop, you all get detention" type deal...the 20 or so odd kids in the class not acting up are being punished as well. (sorry, bad example, but I hope you get the point) I am a 19 year old girl, I have a boyfriend whom I have been with for a long time, and care dearly for. I do not drink, smoke, or do drugs. I live in a cozy little apt. But I live in a neighbourhood labelled badly. Does that make me bad, no, but the label will be there regardless of who I am, what I do, etc... I have seen or heard of at least one fight going on at all corners of Saint John and the outer cities. (Rothesay, Quispamsis, etc...) What really p!sses me off is how you all argue about this crap. This is how fights begin, argument over utterly pointless crap. You all talk about how over east is dirty at the ex...well...that again, is not everyone, but a large majority of people just not caring about wha happens to their garbage...Try looking up how long it takes for a plastic garbage bag to decompose...I think you will be shocked. We spend so much time arguing over insignificant things, when we could be taking all that negative energy, and putting it to use. And back to the garbage, I think (now you may disagree, which is fine, but it is my personal opinion) that the majority of it is Tim Horton's, or other fast food cups, bags, etc... Now what if we were to not throw it out, USE A GARBAGE CAN! Or, stop eating so much junk. Our population, as well as all of Canada and the United States are fat enough. Our population just keeps getting bigger and bigger, because junk food is becoming easier to get, as we have "no spare time to do anything anymore". Anyways, totally off topic now. I just wish people would get along and take care of our earth, and maybe, just maybe, there would not be so much negative energy, and a little more peace do you think?

Blazingsun
06-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Just because the fair is uptown doesnt have any bearing on where the people come from. Anyone can see that. I just dont understand how people can make up facts that are completely false and feel justified in doing so. I am new to this site but I just see absolutley no truth in someone claiming the bulk of people are uptownies. INFACT the fair is REALLY close to the north end. When the fair was east people came in drodes from all ends of the city!

Stating that "its not likely to see them" implies you would have some form of proof. Unless you are there taking numbers I feel those who dont know things shouldn't make false statements. Just my opionion :)

harbourchick07
06-26-2007, 06:42 PM
ok firsty, harbour station is uptown. not north. It is actually the center of things, because it is easy access to get to. Yeah people from all over are gonna go, but when something happens uptown like sj idol or something like that the majority is going to be people from the area. like where i live when we have fundy fishermens day and such the majority of the people are people from the maces bay area. Horse are not dirty, but they are dangoures and can be a mess if they get loose. i know people out there who own a couple race horses and they do lead them around the fair grounds when its not there and don't clean up after words. I know i love going in the barns but i wouldn't take someone in there that didnt know better, considering that the horses are no smaller then 15 hands and that they are all facing backwards, if a horse is sleeping and a kid touches it the horse is bound to kick. the ex has a lot of "dirt" around and i dont just mean horse poop and litter. i mean drugs and such. Yeah the fair was a safer cleaner place. and there is no one place that is perfuct. i already said i lived in the uptown area. i moved back home, i had a lot of problems up there i was assulted in the uptown area, it was closer to the south end but still. i know a lot of people in the up town area that are horrible and a lot that are wonderful people. Another thing that makes the ex dirty is all the dogs that run around. Last year my best friend stepped in a pile of poop and was discusted. we later yelled at someone for not cleaning it up. and again in my first note i said that it is mostly uptowners who go. and it probably was, hell it wouldnt surprise me if it was the same person who wants to fight my bf for no reason. Sometimes people just think that because some people ( not saying this to any of you) but seriously somepeople think that if someone has it better then that is a good enough excuss to beat them up. As for me saying horses are dirty, i didnt say out distictfully (sp) i have horses! i now that they are dirty in some ways other then that who cares. Horses roll in mud, thats why i dont like owning a white horse, but im not going to give him up for that. hell he sliced his leg open earlyer and it didn't bother me. but it does bother me that people are irresponsible to leave them tied with their but facing outwards to get some poor child kicked. as for that, i live in the country and it aint perfuct itself but then again everyone has there opionions and everyone has there own views of where is good and where isn't good to live! as for you krash, again they are all idiots that beat you up, probably drugies or something and WHO CARES WHERE THEY LIVE. THEY MAY LIVE IN YOUR OWN HOUSE!

jdcb
06-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I don't recall hearing of any kids getting kicked from a horse that bucked. Seems ok whenever I'm in there...

The_Dave
06-26-2007, 07:04 PM
harbourchick07, Please can you translate your last post. I have know idea what you are talking about???????

lizard_lover
06-26-2007, 07:10 PM
I think this thread has gotten so far from how it started...to sum everything up (as far as i can tell, I may be wrong) if an event is held at a certain side of the city, the majority of the people attending are from that side of the city. not always, but for some, maybe, who knows without taking a survey and passing it out to everyone who attends....and the majority of them would probably throw it out, again, who knows. Why does it matter? Even if the majority were from uptown, it could have been a freak coincidence that they were from texas for all we know, travelling...you never know...

harbourchick07
06-26-2007, 07:47 PM
thank you lizard lover. and jbcd the chances of a child getting kicked is not predictable. You do not know what might happen. Everything may seem fine and dandy, but sometimes you never know, the horse may be cranky, Trust me i have been around horses for 13 years. even my old standerbreed mare kicked out at people and she was a very sweet girl. and as for you not know what i was tlaking about the_dave..then i dunno. i clearly stated what i had to said. and that was that no one place is perfect. i also said what i had to say about the fair and the ex's horses not being turned to face the people.

Krash
06-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Well thanks everybody. im doing fine. just a little sore back and my lips feel like i was punched in the teeth. lmao. it was a life changing expierience. you kinda get use to that kinda thing, living in SAINT JOHN. im just wondering what provoked them to steal a bookbag. as far as kids getting hurt at the ex. i had so many people tell e they knew people that died on the zipper when there has only been 4 deaths and 2 injuries since 1977. and someone told me last year that a kid died on the freak out. well it has only been there twice and the ride was made in 2003. and no deaths reported. but ya. im ok. and thanks for asking guys.

lizard_lover
06-27-2007, 01:02 PM
yes, you never know...and to all who read this...i was on the bus last week, and there were some guys on it that were drunk...they were holding a digital camera, and said they found it, and were looking at the pictures on it....said they were going to try and sell it or something...I wish I knew their names, or had a good visual of the camera...but anyways, again I go way off topic. Hope you get better Krash, and I hope the people that did that to you get caught and properly punished, no more of these "tap on the wrists" that the good old saint john seems to be giving out lately...

Krash
06-27-2007, 01:41 PM
well the bookbag is in evidence. but the wallet was a genuine italian leather chain wallet. with a sticker on bothe sides. one is a red oval and says SKIN industries on it. and the other was a motor sport one. inside it is ur usaul. permit and everything else. but the good new is. the victims unit is re-embursing me for my dental work and everything like that. the one tat was caught pleaded not guilty i guess. so im going to the next hearing just for fun. and make sure he sees me walk in. as far as the slaps on the rist. COME on. thats why ppl love to live in saint john. they can get away with almost anything. gotta love it here. but if your selling drugs or doing them. they are all over it.

Krash
06-27-2007, 01:51 PM
do you know what i just realized. my adress and everything was on my permit. friends numbers and stuff aswell. this sux

lizard_lover
06-27-2007, 02:09 PM
that is no good, but at least the dental work is being reimbursed, been there, I have put over 10,000$ into my mouth, braces, playing leap frog when i was younger and breaking my teeth, etc...and know how much it sucks when you get a very unexpected LARGE dental bill! Will keep a earout for this sort of thing....see if I hear anyone talking about it.

Krash
06-27-2007, 02:36 PM
thanks alot.

patbez
06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hear that it was you this happened to, Krash. Glad to hear
you are doing okay :)

I just wanted to add my two cents...

My husband & I moved to SJ 7 years ago & I'm actually extremely
surprised at how little crime there is here. Yet I ALWAYS hear
complaints about how terrible this city is & especially how bad
the uptown area is. Maybe people that have lived here their
whole life think that there is a lot of crime?

But as someone who has lived in Toronto, Halifax & a smaller
community in Nova Scotia & now lives uptown, Saint John is not
a city full of crime in the least. The crimes that are committed
are usualy very petty...smashed windows, theft etc. I understand
those crimes still effect people & I feel for them, so I'm not
trying to diminish their pain or anguish in the slightest. But there
don't seem to be a lot of super serious crimes in this city ie.
murder....& what murders I have heard about are usually drug
related.

There is seriously only slightly more crime here than in the smaller
community I grew up in. & although I understand Halifax is a much
larger city, just think of the sheer volume of crime there?! It's
pretty horrendous. There have been attacks on women walking home
at night, random murders that have gone unsolved, a LOT of sexual
crimes against children...I think we're pretty lucky to live in a city
as safe as this one.

I feel pretty safe walking home alone at night...of course onc can
never be too careful, but I'm not really scared of being pulled into
the bushes & raped or murdered. That's not to say it couldn't happen,