PDA

View Full Version : Window tint law

Bawango
06-20-2007, 09:50 PM
What is allowed?? I hear that as long as the driver and passenger side are visible then it should be fine. The back windows can be painted black for all the police cares. But then I see these cars that have the mirror or limo tints on all windows except of course the windshield. Can someone clarify this for me?!?

badness70
06-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I was told the same thing... but the I was told I could have 30% on my front windows...your best bet would be to call one of te detailing shops or stop in city hall

AaRdVark
06-21-2007, 05:57 AM
238(1.1) Subject to subsection (1.11), no person shall place or install in or on the front windshield of a motor vehicle or in or on the side wings or side windows to the right or the left of the driver of a motor vehicle any colour spray or other coloured material or any opaque or reflective material that may

(a) obstruct the driver's clear view of the highway or any intersecting highway, or

(b) substantially obscure the interior of the motor vehicle when viewed from outside the motor vehicle.

238(1.11) No person shall place or install in or on the front windshield of a motor vehicle or in or on the side wings or side windows to the right or the left side of the driver of a motor vehicle, any colour spray or other coloured material or any opaque or reflective material that prevents more than thirty per cent of any light from passing through in either direction when measured by a photometer.

238(1.2) Subsections (1.1) and (1.11) do not apply in relation to the installation of front windshields, side wings or side windows during the initial construction or assembly of the motor vehicle nor to the replacement of windshields, side wings or side windows with equivalents to those installed during the initial construction or assembly.

238(1.3) Subject to subsection (1.4), no person shall operate on a highway a motor vehicle

(a) on which the front windshield, or the side wings or side windows to the right or the left of the driver, have been treated, coated or covered with a colour spray or other coloured material or any opaque or reflective material in such a manner as to obstruct the driver's clear view of the highway or any intersecting highway, or

(b) on which the front windshield, or the side wings or side windows to the right or left of the driver, have been treated, coated or covered with a colour spray or other coloured material or any opaque or reflective material that substantially obscures the interior of the motor vehicle when viewed from outside the motor vehicle.

238(1.4) No person shall operate on a highway a motor vehicle on which the front windshield, or the side wings or side windows to the right or the left of the driver, have been treated, coated or covered with a colour spray or other coloured material or any opaque or reflective material that prevents more than thirty per cent of any light from passing through in either direction when measured by a photometer.

Woofer
06-21-2007, 06:46 AM
it needs to be 78% visable, *about a windshield darkness* and you cant have front window banners past the little arrow about 6 inches from the top of the windshield, we got pulled over 2 weeks ago by 2 motorcycle cops on rothesay ave, telling us to remove the tint from the windows, *got lucky with only a warning* they were very nice and polite about it. they now have police on full time just for car mods and tint so if you didnt get pulled over yet, be expecting it. just some informations we got that night :)

AaRdVark
06-21-2007, 10:15 AM
238(1) No person shall operate on a highway a motor vehicle

(a) with any non-transparent material on the front windshield, side wings or side or rear windows of such vehicle, or

(b) having on the exterior or in the interior thereof, any ornament or other thing

that obstructs or is liable to obstruct the driver's clear view of the highway or any intersecting highway.

238(1.1) Subject to subsection (1.11), no person shall place or install in or on the front windshield of a motor vehicle or in or on the side wings or side windows to the right or the left of the driver of a motor vehicle any colour spray or other coloured material or any opaque or reflective material that may

(a) obstruct the driver's clear view of the highway or any intersecting highway, or

(b) substantially obscure the interior of the motor vehicle when viewed from outside the motor vehicle.