PDA

View Full Version : dog run

dubber
06-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for some type of dog run or some sort of dog fence as my two boys need to run around without running out of my yard. I would love to do an electric fence except one of them is a Staffie and the electric zap of the collar really doesn't affect them much but taking the two of them outside on a leash every half hour is a bit of a drag. (it's every half hour because the youngest boy's bladder is having a hard time keeping up with his growth spurts).
Anyway, if someone has a doggy fence used or knows where I can get one for a good price I would really appreciate it.

Atchbe
06-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Go to Fundy fencing and get the rolls, gates and posts and put up youself. The gates and labor are what cost the most. I have 10 ft fencing up and have a huge kennel area for my dogs to run and play. I feel safe leaving them out there, even unattended.

With electric fencing you always have to be there to supervise and a dog such as Staffordshire Terrier with intense predatory drives...it's not safe to have electric fencing. A dog with enhanced drives will not take a signal of a shock to stop while in predatory drift. The instinct to follow through with the motor patterns is much too strong.

I am not a fan of electric fencing and I am a huge hater of shock collars. With dogs with enhanced bred for instincts you teach them by taking their enhanced drives and redirecting to proper objects etc.

Good luck:D

dubber
06-20-2007, 11:47 AM
thank you for the help, i never even thought of fundy fencing at all.... was doing your yard very expensive?

Atchbe
06-20-2007, 12:53 PM
It was fairly expensive :o